PDA

View Full Version : Still same bugs

RimaNTSS
28-11-14, 22:04
Almost two years ago I got GB Quad and during this time used it very seldom, mostly as a replacement for my primary receiver. I bought it as 1000Mbps, later it was discovered it was not, but I did not care about that, did not have proper home network anyway. Biggest issues I had with GB Quad were impossibility to read video bitrate of signal and also dB of signal were not shown. After some time and several updates dB appeared but bitrate never. Remote, in comparison to Dream Multimedia, has too many buttons and is not universal, this is IMHO.
So, week ago I happily received GB Quad+, and I see that my old "friends"- same bugs still here, they has never be gone. No video bitrate readings, and no dB measurements on additional sat-tuner (#3 in my case). What can I say, it is stable product, no much changes. Same remote.
Of course, display is bigger, another processor (but works same), box is little bit bigger, 1000Mbps network card (I hope so), booting time- not impressive at all. More or less same price.
I would be much happier if video bitrate issue is solved some time in the nearest future. Maybe it is already solved and I do not know something?

rossi2000
28-11-14, 23:56
bitrate viewer should work
im pretty sure ive used it on my previous GB Quad/+ machines

RimaNTSS
29-11-14, 10:28
I've tried every plugin I could get, different skins and images. No luck! Could you confirm that video bitrate works?

Rob van der Does
29-11-14, 12:33
I've tried every plugin I could get, different skins and images. No luck! Could you confirm that video bitrate works?
Please remind me to it: I'll check it when the next build and it's feeds have been released.

RimaNTSS
29-11-14, 12:56
And also something is wrong with channel scanning. I scanned 42*E channels today, yes, all channels were found but it took > than 15 minutes for process. I think it should not be so long.