PDA

View Full Version : Building a Driver - Need some help

pz8l8t
27-11-14, 15:43
Hi All,
I'm looking to build a driver to a usb wireless device. I have the source code and am looking for some pointers in finding the right linux modules for the VU+ Recievers. The source code links in:

#include <linux/module.h>
#include <linux/usb.h>

I'm currently setting up a build environment on a ubuntu VM and have the source code for the driver I'm looking to build. I just need to find the appropriate linux modules. Anybody know where I can download these from?
Thanks

dax
27-11-14, 17:35
Hi All,
I'm looking to build a driver to a usb wireless device. I have the source code and am looking for some pointers in finding the right linux modules for the VU+ Recievers. The source code links in:

#include <linux/module.h>
#include <linux/usb.h>

I'm currently setting up a build environment on a ubuntu VM and have the source code for the driver I'm looking to build. I just need to find the appropriate linux modules. Anybody know where I can download these from?
Thanks
Hi, in order to build the driver you need (also) the kernel source. At first you must build a full openvix environment for your machine. Certainly you get an error due to operahbbtv.