PDA

View Full Version : SNP Picons with AutoBouquets by Lraizer ?

shadowman007
27-11-14, 14:55
I have a Vu+Duo2 box with the image OpenvixHD Apollo 090 running on it. My question is in regards to the AutoBouquets by Lraizer which am currently using I wanted to know can I use the SNP Picons with AutoBouquets? I am not using the "Create AutoPicon Links" option in AutoBouquets and this would be nice since the snp picons don't use the "service reference" and actually use the channels name. My current ones are using service reference and when a channels service reference changes it loses the picon and I have to manually change the picons service reference to the channels service reference.

shadowman007
27-11-14, 23:38
Anyone??????????

abu baniaz
27-11-14, 23:45
The question was asked before and answer given already. Have a search.

Lraizer has already made a modified reader for SNP. This has not been made into an ipk. Just waiting for him to edit the Entertainment bouquet to take into account what the provider has done.

Autpicons in the plugin has worked brilliantly since inception. As SRP are higher in the pecking order than SNP, it is a win win win situation.

shadowman007
28-11-14, 00:27
The question was asked before and answer given already. Have a search.

Lraizer has already made a modified reader for SNP. This has not been made into an ipk. Just waiting for him to edit the Entertainment bouquet to take into account what the provider has done.

Autpicons in the plugin has worked brilliantly since inception. As SRP are higher in the pecking order than SNP, it is a win win win situation.

Hi, thanks for that I did read but thought it was if you are using Autopicons option which am not. Also totally feel like a noob :o how does the Autopicon Link work? I currently have my picons on a USB stick with a folder called "picon"

abu baniaz
28-11-14, 00:44
Picon location = location of where your conventional picons are located
Link locations = Where AB 28.2 creates the symlinks. This can only be an ext file sytem. Internal memory is fien for this.

When AB runs, it will convert existing "Service reference picons" to the EPG ID number prceeded by 282E_. It will then link the service refernce to these picons and your picons wil always show for 28.2.

The onlty reason SNPs do not work with Lraizer's plugin is the numebr preceeding the chanenl name. You can disable show numbering. If Lraizer does not get a chance to make the amndemnts to AB 28.2 in the next few days, we'll update his plugin which will create the new symlinks to make SNPs work in the bouquets.

shadowman007
19-12-14, 22:14
Bump, any update on the above?

abu baniaz
19-12-14, 23:36
See AB 28.2 thread.

shadowman007
20-12-14, 00:27
See AB 28.2 thread.

Hi, where is this thread?

abu baniaz
20-12-14, 00:41
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-UKCvS-AutoBouquets-E2-by-LraiZer-BETA&highlight=lraizer

shadowman007
20-12-14, 00:49
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-UKCvS-AutoBouquets-E2-by-LraiZer-BETA&highlight=lraizer

Hi, thanks for that abu but what is it that am looking at? I have the 13-11-2014 update I want to be able to use SNP picons with AutoBouquets.

abu baniaz
20-12-14, 00:59
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-UKCvS-AutoBouquets-E2-by-LraiZer-BETA&p=330917&viewfull=1#post330917

That is the post with what you should set it as, there is a picture with the settings. The links need to be on an ext file system, this is because you cannot create symlinks on a fat32 device.

shadowman007
20-12-14, 01:20
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-UKCvS-AutoBouquets-E2-by-LraiZer-BETA&p=330917&viewfull=1#post330917

That is the post with what you should set it as, there is a picture with the settings. The links need to be on an ext file system, this is because you cannot create symlinks on a fat32 device.

So if I understand correctly the "Picon Link Location" & "Picon Folder Location" needs to be the same. This also means I can't use my USB (fat32) which currently has the picons on it instead I have to transfer the picons folder to the internal memory of the Vu+Duo2 box since is uses a ext file system is this correct?

abu baniaz
20-12-14, 12:10
So if I understand correctly the "Picon Link Location" & "Picon Folder Location" needs to be the same. This also means I can't use my USB (fat32) which currently has the picons on it instead I have to transfer the picons folder to the internal memory of the Vu+Duo2 box since is uses a ext file system is this correct?

Yes and No.

If you are going to use SNPs without numbering in Lraizer plugin, they can be on any device in any filesystem.

If you are using SRPs ( irrespective of numbering), you can have picons on fat 32 USB stick and links on any ext storage device. Note "can" being used and not "must". AB 28.2 will maintain the updaing of links, you you do not have to keep up with service reference changes for 28.2. It has been like this for well over a year.

If you are going to use SNPs and numbering in Lraizer plugin, they'll have to be on in the same location which must be in ext format. Initialise USB stick/convert to ext filesystem is one option. Internal memory is another option. I'd recommend converting the USB stick to ext file system if you do not use the USB stick for flashing receiver.

shadowman007
20-12-14, 21:23
Yes and No.

If you are going to use SNPs without numbering in Lraizer plugin, they can be on any device in any filesystem.

If you are using SRPs ( irrespective of numbering), you can have picons on fat 32 USB stick and links on any ext storage device. Note "can" being used and not "must". AB 28.2 will maintain the updaing of links, you you do not have to keep up with service reference changes for 28.2. It has been like this for well over a year.

If you are going to use SNPs and numbering in Lraizer plugin, they'll have to be on in the same location which must be in ext format. Initialise USB stick/convert to ext filesystem is one option. Internal memory is another option. I'd recommend converting the USB stick to ext file system if you do not use the USB stick for flashing receiver.

Hi abu, I would like to Initialise USB stick/convert to ext filesystem but can I also have my epg on their? currently my USB (FAT32) has the picons folder on it and also the epg (which downloads daily).

abu baniaz
20-12-14, 21:34
Yes, you can still save EPG on USB stick if it is in ext file system.

shadowman007
27-02-15, 15:49
Bump. Ok am having a problem while the picons (SNP) are showing up in the tv guide and also when changing the channel they are not showing on my VU+Duo2 LCD screen? like they did before when I was using the reference picons.

abu baniaz
27-02-15, 16:05
Post a screenshot of your settings page for AB 28.2. Issue may be unrelated to SNP/AB 28.2.

shadowman007
27-02-15, 19:52
Post a screenshot of your settings page for AB 28.2. Issue may be unrelated to SNP/AB 28.2.

Hi Abu,

Please see my AB settings, also note my picon folder is in USR/SHARE/ENIGMA2

abu baniaz
27-02-15, 20:07
That seems fine.
Can you try with conventional picons, perhaps try installing Ocram's set from the plugin menu? There was a change to Linux for LCD a few weeks ago.

TIA

shadowman007
27-02-15, 21:50
That seems fine.
Can you try with conventional picons, perhaps try installing Ocram's set from the plugin menu? There was a change to Linux for LCD a few weeks ago.

TIA

Thanks will try that. Also I seem to have a problem which I didn't have with the previous vix image current one is Apollo 150 on Open Webif when I try to access the "LCD4Linux Setup" option I get the following message

Config-WebIF Access Deny ( IP: MY IP ADDRESS )
(Global Setup > WebIF IP Allow)

shadowman007
27-02-15, 23:36
Installed one of the Ocram set from the plugins same problem picons showing up on EPG also on the info bar but nothing on my VU+Duo2 screen.

abu baniaz
27-02-15, 23:39
OK, thanks.

One of the beta team should start having a look at it over the weekend. If possible, can you enable debug logs and attach them?

abu baniaz
28-02-15, 18:19
I am afraid I am mistaken. Sorry.

Linux4LCD has not been adapted to cater for SNPs. Best you use the original autpicon feature in Lraizer's Plugin. In the menu of AB 28.2, it will be called symlink:service ref.