PDA

View Full Version : Tuner D not showing

ukbob
27-11-14, 11:18
I recieved my Mut@nt HD2400 ... 2x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C/T/T2 from WoS yesterday freshly flashed with openvix hd,setup was a breeze as usual,except Tuner D isn't showing in Tuner configuration.

(Yes there are 4 tuners in it)

I don't intend sending it back for what i think is a minor issue,which is why i haven't contacted wos.

How easy is it to replace what must be a dodgy tuner?

Rob van der Does
27-11-14, 11:23
The plug & play tuners can quite easy be exchanged; a screwdriver is enough.
But I would first check if the tuners has been inserted firmly; it might have come loose on the trip to your home.

Make sure to have the mains disconnected before opening the box.

Blu-ray
27-11-14, 11:28
I recieved my Mut@nt HD2400 ... 2x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C/T/T2 from WoS yesterday freshly flashed with openvix hd,setup was a breeze as usual,except Tuner D isn't showing in Tuner configuration.

(Yes there are 4 tuners in it)

I don't intend sending it back for what i think is a minor issue,which is why i haven't contacted wos.

How easy is it to replace what must be a dodgy tuner?

Try using a cable from tuner A.B.or C on D to see if that makes any difference before changing tuner or sending back.

Rob van der Does
27-11-14, 11:34
As he reports that the tuner doesn't show in the tuner configuration this is not related to connected coax/LNB.

ukbob
27-11-14, 12:01
The plug & play tuners can quite easy be exchanged; a screwdriver is enough.
But I would first check if the tuners has been inserted firmly; it might have come loose on the trip to your home.

Make sure to have the mains disconnected before opening the box.

Inserted tuner D firmly.... no luck.

I then swapped tuner C and D over... tuner D still not showing up.

It must be Tuner D slot on the board problem

Thank you for your replies.

bsod
27-11-14, 12:32
Hi,

it may not be the tuner. Although I am not running VIX at the moment, I had this problem with the Metrix skin when running OpenATV. The skin config had a setting for the number of tuners. The options were auto or to manually enter the number of tuners (1-9 from memory). The auto setting never seemed to pick up all of my tuners, though they were all listed in the INFO screens. I had to manually set the number (in my case 5) before they would appear in the skin. Not sure what the default skin with VIX is but perhaps there is a setting in the skin config to adjust it. Perhaps check the INFO / Devices screen, it should list all the tuners detected at the hardware level. If all 4 show up then it probably ok and just a skin issue. Of course things could be different under VIX though.

Craig

Rob van der Does
27-11-14, 13:33
Nope: in tuner config all tuners should always show. There is no user setting that influences that.

Well, it looks like to be a faulty MB then. I would contact WoS if it was my box.

twol
27-11-14, 13:43
Inserted tuner D firmly.... no luck.

I then swapped tuner C and D over... tuner D still not showing up.

It must be Tuner D slot on the board problem

Thank you for your replies.
Assuming C & D are the same (DVB-C/T/T2) trying swapping them over with the S2 tuners.

ukbob
27-11-14, 14:25
Done the above and many other combinations of swapping etc...

Tuner D never shows..

Thanks Wos for contacting me...

Looks like its going back...

Thanks chaps.

ukbob
04-12-14, 16:27
It turned out to be a faulty tuner module.

I'd like to say thank you to the site sponsor WoS, who's customer service is second to none in my humble opinion.

Thank you Wos.

Larry-G
04-12-14, 16:30

I'd like to say thank you to the site sponsor WoS, who's customer service is second to none in my humble opinion.

Thank you Wos.
Glad to see you got it sorted out buddy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
05-12-14, 07:56
Than I don' understand your report stating that in spite of swapping tuners it was always slot 4 that didn't work.

ukbob
05-12-14, 20:23
Me neither... but WoS sorted it.

He had it collected,fixed and resent all at his expense..... what a bloke hey.

Best box i've had to date..