PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-T/T2] ABM (UK-Terrestrail ): Add HD channels/regions.

abu baniaz
27-11-14, 03:16
Peter has continued the marvellous work on ABM so that we can now use ABM for HD Terrestrial channels. However, there is a slight snag, the details are not available on the stream automatically. We need users to provide stream IDs. After that we can add to ABM and it should be fine.

Please use the attached plugin which has a script by Huevos to obtain the relevant data.

You can find your mast from this site by Brian Butterworth:

https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

Check the website above and find out your mast details. We need to know where your aerial is pointing to. This is not necessarily the nearest one.
Copy/save the link to your mast. You will have to post this later.

1. Make a settings backup so that you can restore it after testing.

Blue Button > Vix > Backup Manager > Green Button (New Backup)

See following thread if you need further details:

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores/

2. We need to ensure you start from "zero", so you must delete the existing terrestrial services.

Press channel up > Green (satellites), highlight "Terrestrial - Services" > Menu > Remove terrestrial services > OK to confirm > Restart

3. Install the attached plugin. (Transfer to /tmp. Blue > Vix > Install local extension)

4. Install the Terrestrial scan plugin.
Menu > Green (download plugins) > Scroll to "System plugins" > OK to expand > Scroll to "terrestrialscan" > OK to install > Confirm the installation

5. Scan using the terrestrial scan plugin
Menu > Setup > Tuner config / service searching > Terrestrial scan > Leave as default > Green to scan

6. Restart the receiver using your remote. Check services on different muxes are working fine

7. Run the plugin "ABM UK T2 xml Creator". It will create a file called "terrestrial_Custom_transponder.xml_xxxx.zip" in /tmp/
This will also add your lamedb filles in the zip file.

8. Save the file to your PC and attach to your post

9. Please also post a link to your mast on the UKfree website. This makes it easier to compare.

10. You can remove the "abmt2xmlmaker" plugin afterwards

Logs for the the following transmitters are required. The ones that have been done will be moved to post 2.

key="angus______________" Angus
key="beacon_hill________" Beacon Hill
key="bilsdale___________" Bilsdale
key="blaenplwyf_________" Blaenplwyf
key="bressay____________" Bressay
key="bromsgrove_________" Bromsgrove
key="brougher_mountain__" Brougher Mountain
key="caldbeck_scot______" Caldbeck_scot

key="chatton____________" Chatton

key="darvel_____________" Darvel
key="douglas_iom________" Douglas_IOM

key="eitshal____________" Eitshal
key="fremont_point______" Fremont Point
key="hannington_________" Hannington
key="hastings___________" Hastings

key="hemel_hempstead____" Hemel Hempstead
key="huntshaw_cross_____" Huntshaw Cross
key="keelylang_hill_____" Keelylang Hill

key="knockmore__________" Knockmore
key="lark_stoke_________" Lark Stoke
key="limavady___________" Limavady
key="llanddona__________" Llanddona
key="long_mountain______" Long Mountain
key="midhurst___________" Midhurst
key="moel_y_parc________" Moel y Parc
key="nottingham_________" Nottingham

key="presely____________" Presely
key="redruth____________" Redruth
key="rosemarkie_________" Rosemarkie

key="rumster_forest_____" Rumster Forest
key="selkirk____________" Selkirk
key="sheffield__________" Sheffield
key="skriaig____________" Skriaig

key="tacolneston________" Tacolneston
key="torosay____________" Torosay
key="tunbridge_wells____" Tunbridge Wells
key="wenvoe_____________" Wenvoe
key="whitehawk_hill_____" Whitehawk Hill

We'll try to list the areas that are already done in the second post. As it may not be up to date, the definitive file is here

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/tree/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Please start your own thread.

If you perform a manual scan first, a subsequent run of ABM will use the details in lamedb file even if details have not been added to ABM.

abu baniaz
27-11-14, 03:19
This post contains detail of transmitters for which we already have details.

Once updated on Github, use the update provider feature in ABM and the details will be added to your receiver.

Area

Thanks to

Belmont
Lincsat

Black Hill
PaulM77

BlueBell Hill
ADM

Caldeck England
SkyFan

Caradon Hill
DSgreen

Carmel

Chesterfield
Andy_Hazza

Craigkelly
Chaser

Crystal Palace

Divis (N.I)
Hammyboy

Dover
Jean Reano

Durris
Chaser

Emley Moor
Nwaring

Heathfield
obtutus

Kilvey Hill
nigel_p

Mendip
Birdman

Olivers Mount
keith1200rs

Oxford
Rodders450

Pontop Pike
Vileda

Ridge Hill
Rossi2000

Rowbridge
kjc79p

Sandy Heath
JohnaJames

Stockland Hill
Wallnut

Sudbury
EMJB

Sutton Coldfield
Maxben

The Wrekin
Andy778

Winter Hill
DaMacfunkin

Waltham
Lincsat

kjc79p
05-02-16, 02:56
Hello,
Here is my lamedb file from the Rowridge transmitter.
Thanks.

abu baniaz
05-02-16, 03:57
Rowbridge added. Updated xml file in post 2. Will be included in next image by default.

dsgreen
08-08-16, 22:01
Caradon Hill.

ccs
18-10-16, 10:15
Slightly OT, but lots of Freeview changes will start in July 2017.....

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/10/freeview-frequency-changes-to-start.html

keith1200rs
14-11-16, 18:31
Oliver's Mount Scarborough lamedb attached.

Is it possible for me to now use this with ABM? If so, how? The comment in the first post:

Additionally, if you run a manual scan first, a subsequent run of ABM will use the details in lamedb file.
suggests I can now run ABM but the choice of "providers" is still the same - I guess I am missing some logical step.

Thanks.

Keith.

Huevos
15-11-16, 03:20
Oliver's Mount Scarborough lamedb attached.

Is it possible for me to now use this with ABM? If so, how? The comment in the first post:

suggests I can now run ABM but the choice of "providers" is still the same - I guess I am missing some logical step.

Thanks.

Keith.
Means if you run a prescan T2 transponders are added automatically because the transponder already exists. But if you mast doesn't exist or dvb-t transponders are missing or wrong, thi willnot be corrected automatically and you would need to wait for the provider file to be updated.

alfa aficionado
15-11-16, 13:30
Hi,

plesse find attached the lamedb file from the Limavady transmitter in Northern Ireland (I couldn't see that it had already been uploaded). I must add that I have a diplexer which combines the UK Freeview and Irish Saorview signals into 1.

abu baniaz
16-11-16, 00:47
Hi,

plesse find attached the lamedb file from the Limavady transmitter in Northern Ireland (I couldn't see that it had already been uploaded). I must add that I have a diplexer which combines the UK Freeview and Irish Saorview signals into 1.

We have been using PSB 1 for the main frequency for tuning parameters.

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Limavady

Going by the above link, you do not have this frequency in you in your lamedb file. Please check you can scan C50, (706 MHz). You are also missing channel 55 which should have your HD channels.

If you can receive Ch50, please start from a system with no channel data. (Issue "init 4" command, delete lamedb file in etc/enigma2, restart with "init 3" command). Guide to cammands in my signature if you need it.

Scan the channels/frequencies listed on that site: 698, 706, 738, 746, 770, & 778 MHz)

Upload the lamedb and lamedb 5 files again after the scan.

keith1200rs
18-11-16, 18:56
I have updated the Oliver's Mount file based on your instructions. Hopefully it is correct this time.

abu baniaz
02-08-18, 21:02
New thread here
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-(Terrestrail-)-Add-HD-channels-regions