PDA

View Full Version : QUAD STB which one is the best value for money?

degoosefish
25-11-14, 17:14
Lads having an awful time here nearly clicked several times today want to buy a quad but not sure which?
Started off at Mut@nt then Golden interStar, then GIGA Blue now thinking VuDuo2

any unbiased happy quad users out there want to leave an opinion?

twol
25-11-14, 17:24
Lads having an awful time here nearly clicked several times today want to buy a quad but not sure which?

any unbiased happy quad users out there want to leave an opinion?

Are there any unbiased happy users :confused::)

I guess with all my Xtrend boxes, I would say ET10000 - GB lan, HDMI In, fast, always excellent continued support (and not to fix crappy drivers unlike some boxes:) ) - Yes there are negatives, but living in the UK you won't notice :)

Sicilian
25-11-14, 17:38

I've got all 3 of them you've mentioned and using Mutant HD2400 as my main box. You can have any tuner config you want with the four individual tuners slots. Support is great too, using kernel 3.17.2.

Blu-ray
25-11-14, 18:32
I agree with Sicillian Mut@nt HD 2400 best box i have ever purchased with XBMC/Kodi very soon.

degoosefish
25-11-14, 18:55
this is great help thanks everyone like a child in a sweet shop here :thumbsup:

Deso
25-11-14, 19:08
I believe the ET10000 is the same as the Mutant apart from the case.

Osamo1956
25-11-14, 19:51
The Mut@nt HD 2400 is a more attractive case variant of the Ax Quadbox HD 2400 ...which is the same as ....etc.
Many of the boxes available today use badge-technology - just like the car manufacturers.
The ultimate choice should be led by a reliable supplier. That's where WOS wins! So, I'd choose their Mut@nt HD 2400. (if I had the money right now).

degoosefish
25-11-14, 22:57
nobody shouting about the vu Duo2 twin dual tuners would this not give me the same output as the quad mutant no VU fans on here?

Andy_Hazza
25-11-14, 23:20
Vu+ are exceptionally quality boxes, but for the price/value for money I would go with the Mut@nt HD 2400.

judge
26-11-14, 00:05
Vu+ are exceptionally quality boxes, but for the price/value for money I would go with the Mut@nt HD 2400.
VU, build quality boxes with slightly flakey drivers, Xtrend build quality boxes with slightly better drivers IMO.
Out of all the boxes mentioned, I'd be looking at the Mut@nt if I was buying a new box based on value for money.