PDA

View Full Version : How to cut movies?

nas_matko
30-11-10, 15:31
Is there a way how to cut and delete part of the recorded movie? I mean if you have set safety margin of 5 mins and broadcast time was accidentally accurate, can you delete those extra 5 mins?

I have notices and installed two plugins which by name looked like they could do this, but unfortunately there is no description how to use them.

Any help or link to documentation is appreciated.

pooface
30-11-10, 15:43
You will need cutlisteditor and moviecut from the extensions plugins...

Once installed, highlight the movie you want to cut, and then press the menu button. There's an option in there to use the cutlisteditor. Go to the position where the movie starts, pause it, and then press the "OK" button. Then, select the "Remove before this position" or something like that. Then, go to the end position of the film, and pause again. Press the OK button, and choose the "Remove after this position". This will leave you with the movie left. Then, exit the cutlisteditor, choose the "Cut movie" or "Movie cut" (can't remember exact name). This will give you some options. I'd choose the "Cut this movie to a new file" or something along those lines. You can then check that it worked properly before deleting the cut, in case you didn't do it properly ;)

plusser
30-11-10, 21:03
Is there a way how to cut and delete part of the recorded movie? I mean if you have set safety margin of 5 mins and broadcast time was accidentally accurate, can you delete those extra 5 mins?

I have notices and installed two plugins which by name looked like they could do this, but unfortunately there is no description how to use them.

Any help or link to documentation is appreciated.

I FTP my files to my PC and then use VideoRedo.

+er

sonc
09-01-11, 03:35
You will need cutlisteditor and moviecut from the extensions plugins...

Once installed, highlight the movie you want to cut, and then press the menu button. There's an option in there to use the cutlisteditor. Go to the position where the movie starts, pause it, and then press the "OK" button. Then, select the "Remove before this position" or something like that. Then, go to the end position of the film, and pause again. Press the OK button, and choose the "Remove after this position". This will leave you with the movie left. Then, exit the cutlisteditor, choose the "Cut movie" or "Movie cut" (can't remember exact name). This will give you some options. I'd choose the "Cut this movie to a new file" or something along those lines. You can then check that it worked properly before deleting the cut, in case you didn't do it properly ;)

I'm running Vix1.3, and I've installed both extensions, restarted the GUI and restarted the box, but I still don't get these options when I press menu after highlighting the movie.

I go into Media Player, select the recording (I've tried in filelist and in playlist) and press menu - I just get the standard 9 options.

Is there something obvious I'm not doing?

Thanks

sonc
11-01-11, 12:50
Has anyone got this working on Vix1.3 as Pooface's reply above was before 1.3 was released (I think)?
Thanks.

pooface
11-01-11, 13:16
Has anyone got this working on Vix1.3 as Pooface's reply above was before 1.3 was released (I think)?
Thanks.

Worked for me flawlessly on 1.3 and after ;)

As I said, you need all of the components (i.e. cutlisteditor and moviecut). Then, restart the box, choose the movie you want to cut, press the menu button, select cut movie (or something to that effect). It will give you a little info screen. Press ok, and then create the cuts you want. When finished, press the menu button the file again, and choose something like "perform cuts", and it asks you whether to overwrite the file, or if you want to create a new file ending in .cut...

sonc
11-01-11, 14:21
Thanks Pooface - must be me then, lol :p

I've done all you sggest. Both extensions are installed, I've rebooted the box, but when I select the recording and press menu I don't get any 'movie' options - see pic 3.

Should the extensions show up in the pugin browser?

pooface
11-01-11, 16:03
Thanks Pooface - must be me then, lol :p

I've done all you sggest. Both extensions are installed, I've rebooted the box, but when I select the recording and press menu I don't get any 'movie' options - see pic 3.

Should the extensions show up in the pugin browser?

No, just go to the recordings list (press the button on the remote between, iirc, the menu and audio button - definitely next to menu button). When here, you will get all of your recordings. Navigate to the one you want to cut, and then press menu on it...

Dunno why everyone insists on using the media player to view their recordings :confused: :p

sonc
11-01-11, 16:21
So that's what that button does! :o

Thanks for the help Pooface :thumbsup:

Huevos
12-01-11, 01:41
select cut movie (or something to that effect)."Execute cuts".

MarsArtis
16-05-12, 10:21
is it possible to do inbetween cuts? I mean not only cutting the head and the tail of a ts?

btw, i've tried to do the head and tail cut in a time and it did not work. I was just given a perfect copy of the original file

Larry-G
17-05-12, 05:49
Yes you can but to be honest its a flaming pain in the neck first finding the best software for the job then sitting there doing the cuts at just the rite points.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

MarsArtis
17-05-12, 08:25
Yes you can but to be honest its a flaming pain in the neck first finding the best software for the job then sitting there doing the cuts at just the rite points.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
I was wondering if it is possible rite on the DUO using cutlist editor plugin

Larry-G
17-05-12, 08:27
sorry i have never used it so i'm not really sure.

Trial
17-05-12, 12:32
Hi,
it is possible but it is not frame accurate because it only can cut on I-frames. The reason is that it cannot reencode.

ciao