PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-3T COMBO] update ? hd 090

paulusone
24-11-14, 11:41
Tried to update from receiver download to 090 and it froze then I updated via flash usb only to find that boot info bar remained on screen and the info bar and menu page was at the top left hand corner?
I have just noticed that 090 is listed as a hd version if this is correct is there a skin change to match had to reflash to 088 anyone else tried this

barry2012
24-11-14, 22:02
Yeah same box am stuck on apollo 089 i update it sticks on update freezes have had it mentioned on here want to say vix and world of satelite
for doing nothing to help me...i bought it off world of satelite there customer care is RUBBISH phoned the number no answer...and pm-d w.o.s
sell boxs to customers then forget them once they sell what a buisness....i tryed both usb-and on box update
properly get a smart-ar-- come back and say something
went on another website and recieved excellent help on getting off boot-loop
Thanks cs

abu baniaz
24-11-14, 23:59
Tried to update from receiver download to 090 and it froze then I updated via flash usb only to find that boot info bar remained on screen and the info bar and menu page was at the top left hand corner?
I have just noticed that 090 is listed as a hd version if this is correct is there a skin change to match had to reflash to 088 anyone else tried this
New drivers were provided today. Should be better for the SD version.

There is only one member of the Vix test team with the 3T Combo. TM have not been sharing the drivers or even informing the testers here about the drivers/kernel. Please appreciate the predicament we are in. Some of the testers have given up with testing them because they do not provide feedback on findings. The response they give usually ignores what we've said.

Once I discovered the screen issue on the TM N2S, I tried to call TM and messaged him on Skype several times. Result: Ignored. OPenVixHD 90 is fine. Openvix 90 has been removed owing to the issue.

Can we also be explicit about the the meaning of term "updated" as it could be confusing
1. Perform an online update
2. Flash by USB
3. Flash by USB and restore settings
4. Flash using image manager (couch flash)
5 Flash using image manager (couch flash) and restore settings

paulusone
25-11-14, 10:01
Thanks for the info but I'm confused as to the validity of the openvix090 HD version which is still available in the tmnano3t section which causes the problem in my previous post as regards the image manager it doesn't appear to work goe's through the motions of restore and does nothing IE remains on the original version and when you have a frozen boot the only way to recover is flash by usb if technomate want bad press then this is the place they will get it I await the next update can you inform us weather or not the 090 is ok for tmnano3t at the mo as it is as stated openvixHD090

barry2012
25-11-14, 10:57
Done download of apollo 090 it says

Are you sure you want to restore this image openvixhd-apollo-090-tmnano3t_usb.zip
doesnt do download stays as is

Rob van der Does
25-11-14, 11:48
Should be better for the SD version.
To clarify: there is no SD version of the ViX-image.
We have the ViX-image and for some boxes the ViX-HD image; the latter one is compatible with the 1080 skin.
Shortly both images will be joined into one image again.

delboy13
25-11-14, 13:21
that's a shame about tm support was thinking of buying a nano 3t combo myself

DaMacFunkin
25-11-14, 13:54
To clarify: there is no SD version of the ViX-image.
We have the ViX-image and for some boxes the ViX-HD image; the latter one is compatible with the 1080 skin.
Shortly both images will be joined into one image again.
Why is that? Please don't force me onto HD I like the default skin.

rossi2000
25-11-14, 14:03
the one image is still normal vix with the default vix skin.
1080 skins will be in the feeds.

patchy
25-11-14, 14:13
why are wos selling TM boxes if there is little or no dialogue, if they stopped selling TM boxes I'm sure they would get better service
from the company in future, Its not as if they are short of boxes to sell

Sicilian
25-11-14, 15:30
When the 1080 framebuffer was added the 720 framebuffer was removed by mistake. New drivers due very soon fix this issue.

paulusone
25-11-14, 15:48
Installed 090 finally via flash by usb pleased with appearance etc certainly a new look all seems ok at mo ccam 2.3.0 and dreamplex 2.09 working fine recordings ok timeshift ok playback of mkv dts ok

ukspeedster
25-11-14, 16:29
If I update to openvix-hd 90 from openvix 70, will I be able to restore the settings from 70?

abu baniaz
25-11-14, 17:00
IMO, best to stay on 88.

As above, OpenvixHD wil be gone in a few days, you will only have to flash back. The feature it added will be available in the standard image for the receivers that support them. (TM N2S and TM 3T Combo should be in the list).