PDA

View Full Version : openwebif - no sound when trying to stream HD channels

arnie2014
24-11-14, 01:38
Hi all

im finding a problem with HD channels, when I try and stream just say BBC one HD I get a picture perfectly, but no sound

but when I stream the SD version of the same channel so in this example BBC one I get both picture and sound.

anybody know how I can get sound to work on the BBC one HD channel well all the HD channels please seems strange

Rob van der Does
24-11-14, 07:05
Which image are you using?

DaMacFunkin
24-11-14, 09:18
Maybe your computer can't handle (or isn't set up to decode) 5.1 aac or even ac3?

adm
24-11-14, 13:17
Hi all

im finding a problem with HD channels, when I try and stream just say BBC one HD I get a picture perfectly, but no sound

but when I stream the SD version of the same channel so in this example BBC one I get both picture and sound.

anybody know how I can get sound to work on the BBC one HD channel well all the HD channels please seems strange

What was the source of the recording? From Satellite or from Terrestrial TV(Freeview)?
HD and SD use different audio coding that's probably why one works and the other doesn't.
If the source was Freeview (terrestrial) you may/will have to use your receiver AV setting to downmix AAC (5.1) to stereo.
If the source was satellite you may have to downmix AC3 to stereo.

If the source is AAC (5.1) Freeview the downmixed audio may be a lot lower in volume.

arnie2014
30-11-14, 00:37
Maybe your computer can't handle (or isn't set up to decode) 5.1 aac or even ac3?

How can I ensure my computer is setup to decode it properly

arnie2014
30-11-14, 00:40
What was the source of the recording? From Satellite or from Terrestrial TV(Freeview)?
HD and SD use different audio coding that's probably why one works and the other doesn't.
If the source was Freeview (terrestrial) you may/will have to use your receiver AV setting to downmix AAC (5.1) to stereo.
If the source was satellite you may have to downmix AC3 to stereo.

If the source is AAC (5.1) Freeview the downmixed audio may be a lot lower in volume.

Hi I wasnt re ording anything, I was using webif to watch live tv and I was trying to watch bbc one HD and that didnt give me any sound
But I can watch bbc one now problem.

I did notice one thing, when im in windows media player in performance settings when I select downgrade framerate to sync etc.... the sound works when it wants to on HD channels

arnie2014
08-02-15, 17:07
can anybody help with this issue please

thecaretaker
08-02-15, 18:22
You might not have the necessary codecs. I use Shark007 codecs, but you have to be careful not to install the adware. The basic ones have most codecs to play various files I'm likely to play on my PC. There are various alternatives about.

arnie2014
08-02-15, 19:10
I have cole2k media codecs me

arnie2014
08-02-15, 19:12
how can I make sure it is setup to decode 5.1 aac or ac3

I have cole2k codecs installed, will it be because im using windows media player for stream and would it be better to use cyberlink powerdvd

pembo
08-02-15, 19:19
It'll be codecs... try downloading cccp or shark007

arnie2014
08-02-15, 19:43
hi I just uninstalled cole2k restarted my computer

installed CCCP restarted computer when onto openwebif and choose a HD channel, now the picture is picture is perfect but now still no sound at all

arnie2014
08-02-15, 23:37
ok, iv just uninstalled CCCP restarted computer, then installed shark007 but same thing

have a perfect picture but just no sound.

does anybody think its because im streaming it with windows media player

judge
09-02-15, 00:01
Think this thread has gone way off into a strange tangent.
Streaming or Transconding from any box to any device, sound shouldn't really be an issue (unless you want to use non default broadcast)
No need for extra codecs or anything else.

Trial
09-02-15, 09:13
Hi judge,
that is not completely true. HD often comes with AC3 sound track and at least older windows versions needed AC3Filter for that if mediaplayer without own decoder are used. Transcoded video comes with AAC sound and I do not know if there are special decoder needed. VLC has its own decoder so at least VLC should work with HD and trancoded material.

Try VLC it must give picture and sound.

ciao

arnie2014
12-02-15, 22:17
hi all

well I got rid of all the codecs I downloaded, cole2k , CCCP and sharks007 and guess what, perfect picture and sound

but if I use any one of them their is no sound - maybe I have to do something in the settings once I download the codecs, but what? if anybody knows what please help

abu baniaz
12-02-15, 22:48
I've never had to use any codecs using VLC.

pembo
12-02-15, 22:50
VLC or MPC-HC are always pretty good at playing most things... windows media player on the other hand is very hit and miss

Trial
12-02-15, 22:51
Hi,
most of the so called codec packs can do more harm then help. Try to avoid them and only install codecs from known sources and only the codecs you really need.

ciao

pembo
12-02-15, 22:57
I kind of agree, but windows 8 messed this up by removing codecs that provide DVD support out of the box.