PDA

View Full Version : Mounting USB Flash Disk

dec2k
30-11-10, 12:31
Hey Guys,

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway :confused:

Got my Duo yesterday, delighted so far and the info on here has been invaluable. Not done much, managed to get the EPG working and bouquets updated.

Going to order an internal SATA, but was wondering in the mean time if I could use an 8GB flash disk for storing my EPG data, but more importantly, for recordings. I wouln't be keeping them or anything, idea would be to delete them afterwards and only a short term solution until I get the HDD.

Read on the Solo form how to mount the USB disk but it says it must have it's own power supply. As the USB is solid state with no moving parts, shoudl I be able to mount it and record?

Thanks
Dec

Sicilian
30-11-10, 13:59
Yes you can. What image are you using?

dec2k
30-11-10, 14:03
thats good news :-) Using Vix 1.2 - was going to use the guide you posted in the solo area :
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1798-Setting-up-your-external-USB-HDD-with-your-Solo-the-easy-way!

Sicilian
30-11-10, 14:16
You know what, I've just had a memory blank as I'm using 1.3beta. Press menu on remote > Settings > System > VIX Menu. Now go to device manager and mount usb stick to /media/usb. Reboot then go back into device manager and format the USB stick.

Once the above is done Menu > Settings > Recording paths and change to media/usb.

Think thats right, working from memory.

dec2k
30-11-10, 14:25
Thanks Sicilian, I'll try that when I get home ;-)

dec2k
30-11-10, 20:47
Worked a treat, thanks a million sicilian :cool:

I used open tv to dowload 7 days of epg to flash, now have it pointing to the usb. Do you know what epg files I can delete from flash? I see crossepg directories in a few different places.