PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] updating TS Media, now VIX wont boot

johnski
23-11-14, 22:03
so i was trying to update ts media when i got an error about no space available (not true i have several hundred gigs available), i left it for 10 minutes and it did nothing so i pulled the plug, now vix wont boot, it stuck on the openvix splash screen,any idea's as to a possible remember (without doing a fresh install)?

abu baniaz
23-11-14, 22:12
You have overfilled the receivers flash memory and it wont boot. Delete the plugin from following directory

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Once youa are up and running, advice will be given on how to use external storage

johnski
23-11-14, 22:21
i cant delete it as i cant get it to boot, dont i need it to boot to allow me to remove it via ftp? :confused:

abu baniaz
23-11-14, 22:42
Kill enigma withtelnet command. It wont restart and you can do waht you need to then
init 4

Rob van der Does
24-11-14, 06:51
so i was trying to update ts media when i got an error about no space available (not true i have several hundred gigs available),
This is about flash being full, not any storage device.
Even if the box doesn't boot you can FTP to it and delete one or more plugins.
Don't forget to delete the same plugins via the pluginbrowser once the box is alive again.

Although the DUO doesn't have a massive amount of flash, it's quite unusual to have all filled. Most of the time this is due to epg.dat having been written to flash.
Really the best thing to do is to flash your box. Hopefully you have set the settings backup to make a daily backup; in that case your box will be up & running in no time.

Once done that check if epg is written to a device (HDD or so).