PDA

View Full Version : FLAC Support

Tkr001
30-11-10, 10:43
I am using VIX 1.2 and it doesn't seem to support FLAC files in the media player, plays the file but no sound comes out. I am sure PLI image supported it. Will there be support in 1.3?

canthackit
06-12-10, 14:22
the only way i've found to work and it's not just the VIX iamges mate.
run an MP3 file first (only a short while a few secs will do) flac will play after that.

regards: canthackit

silverfox0786
06-12-10, 15:09
thanks for that canthackit if that works its a nice temporary solution

canthackit
06-12-10, 16:33
it does mate, been doing it for ages, although on some images and only sometimes it works straight off.

andyblac
06-12-10, 18:53
it does mate, been doing it for ages, although on some images and only sometimes it works straight off.

tell me what image and i'll see what there have done :), remember that this image is from base Vu+ 5.4

canthackit
07-12-10, 17:20
Andy

after i posted i tested flac on your 1.3 it worked straight off mate.......................well done even if you didn't know :D

Tkr001
08-12-10, 06:41
Andy

after i posted i tested flac on your 1.3 it worked straight off mate.......................well done even if you didn't know :D

I just tried again. FLAC files appear to play but no sound is produced. Playing an MP3 and then FLAC does indeed work.

canthackit
08-12-10, 15:51
i see your on 1.2 you might be better advised to update to 1.3....maybe better results all round mate.
it is really an excellent image, and if as i've found it does play flac straight out of the box all the better.

Tkr001
09-12-10, 10:29
What makes you think I am on 1.2? I reflashed to 1.3 the day it came out and the comments in my previous post apply to 1.3.

pooface
09-12-10, 11:53
I am using VIX 1.2 and it doesn't seem to support FLAC files in the media player, plays the file but no sound comes out. I am sure PLI image supported it. Will there be support in 1.3?

What makes you think I am on 1.2? I reflashed to 1.3 the day it came out and the comments in my previous post apply to 1.3.

I think the quote in your first post is what made him think you were on 1.2... Don't use FLAC myself, so can't comment...

canthackit
09-12-10, 13:24

could be something to do with this post of yours "i'm using VIX 1.2"

Tkr001
09-12-10, 20:10
Fair enough but in my defense 1.3 didn't exist when I first posted. Anyway running 1.3 now and FLAC doesn't work unless you play a snippet of mp3 first. I find that really strange.

canthackit
11-12-10, 14:29
sorry don't know the reasons why, but as i mentioned earlier i've had almost if not all released images on my Duo+ and as near a damn it all of them dont play flac files straight away.

upon testing 1.3 it did play them, wether it will happen every time is a matter of suck it and see, and if they dont play every time i don't know why, i'm hoping andy or one of the team can tell us.

there are or have been the occasional image that the files played straight away, but off the top of my head i cant think what they were, anyways VIX 1.3 is doing very nicely for me so i'm gonna stick with it..........well at least for a day:D

f1ingers
04-11-11, 23:04
Question, maybe for Andy or maybe someone else can answer.

The Vu+Duo supports Flac file formats. It plays 16bit 44.1KHz files perfectly (I'm using VIX 2.1). However it has trouble playing 24bit 88.KHz files. I was wondering if this is a hardware limitation or something that can be added by VuPlus to the drivers to make it work?

My iPhone supports 24bit 88.KHz files and so it would be nice to be able to store them on the Vu and just copy them over to the iPhone when I want to listen to them. BTW, I use the iPhone in a pretty serious dock which is why I'd like to use these files.

silverfox0786
04-11-11, 23:10
Question, maybe for Andy or maybe someone else can answer.

The Vu+Duo supports Flac file formats. It plays 16bit 44.1KHz files perfectly (I'm using VIX 2.1). However it has trouble playing 24bit 88.KHz files. I was wondering if this is a hardware limitation or something that can be added by VuPlus to the drivers to make it work?

My iPhone supports 24bit 88.KHz files and so it would be nice to be able to store them on the Vu and just copy them over to the iPhone when I want to listen to them. BTW, I use the iPhone in a pretty serious dock which is why I'd like to use these files.

the flac support was added by vu plus and it may be possible that they will add it in future at the moment we dont know

f1ingers
05-11-11, 00:23
the flac support was added by vu plus and it may be possible that they will add it in future at the moment we dont know

Yes, I knew about that. I emailed Alex at VuPlus a few days ago and asked the same question. No reply yet.

silverfox0786
05-11-11, 00:55
Yes, I knew about that. I emailed Alex at VuPlus a few days ago and asked the same question. No reply yet.

:roflmao:

i asked alex about the uno remote problem 3 months ago still no reply

f1ingers
05-11-11, 02:46
Hehe......well I won't hold my breath waiting then.