PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] BSOD after panic button pressen and pressing history bask

BoxFreak
22-11-14, 09:01
This is a bug that has been there for long time, but now I have an idea what might cause it. The settings are so that the "panic button" is enabled and history is set not to pop up list but change channel. Now this is what I think happens.
When the (0) panic button is pressed it empties the history (ViX spins fo a moment) and if you do not change the channel but press the history back button it causes BSOD. So it looks like it cannot handle an situation were history list is totally empty correctly. Crash log attached 38724

Rob van der Does
23-11-14, 16:02
I tried to reproduce this on several boxes, all on build 090, but I couldn't.
On pressing the history button nothing happens (so this is expected behaviour).

BoxFreak
24-11-14, 08:30
Thanks. I'll check it with build 90, hopefully already working in it...

Rob van der Does
24-11-14, 09:18
Not sure; nothing has been changed in this area for a long time. So most likely something to do with the setup of your box or plugins used.

BoxFreak
24-11-14, 10:20
EPG Refresh and Oscam are the only plugins (Besides the Magic-NightHD skin) I use. Dont see how any of those (except maybe the skin) could cause this speciffic crash (there was not any encrypted channels even in history, when crashed). For me this happens every time, so easily reproachable... Could it be something to do with the box (Venton HD3 drivers) then?

Rob van der Does
24-11-14, 10:38
Not likely that those plugins are the culprit, and the skin isn't for sure.
So best to reflash your box; first without restore, if that works fine than do a restore.

BoxFreak
29-11-14, 14:06
I did refash with build 90. Did not install any plugins, used default skin. Did an channel search and created an favourites list. Set the history behaviour to just zap. Put the setting to use just one favourite channel list and set the startup channel as the first channel in favourites list. Did some channel changes within the list and pressed 0 -> crash immediately. Logs and debug attached. Hopefully now you can find the cause. 38848

BoxFreak
03-12-14, 07:47
Same crash with Apollo 95.

Rob van der Does
03-12-14, 08:06
I really have no idea; I really tried to reproduce the issue, but I can't.

abu baniaz
03-12-14, 09:11
I tried to reproduce and could not either.

Please backup your channel list and upload.

BoxFreak
03-12-14, 09:34
Please backup your channel list and upload.

What files would you need or would the normal configuration backup be more useful?
As I spared the Apollo 90 test image-backup, it would be easy to provide also...

abu baniaz
03-12-14, 10:36
Backup your channel lists using dbedit.

BoxFreak
09-12-14, 20:01
Finally had enough time to take the channel list... Find it here: 39086