PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] If recording current channel and trying to switch to different channel system freezes

ircaon
22-11-14, 02:18
Vu+ Solo 2
OpenVix-HD
Apollo
Kernel: 3.13.5
Drivers: 2014-10-21
Last update: 2014-11-19

Default skin

plugins installed
CCcam 2.2.1 ( installed manually )

1) Not able to watch two channels in the same time using PIP, PIP showing picture, main is Black (same when I swap services)
2) If recording current channel and trying to switch to different channel system freezes (process icon spins in the left top corner of the screen), need to be rebooted from telnet

-run down of how to replicate the problem:
1) change to first channel Canal+(13e), Blue button, Blue button (activate PIP), Arrow UP - select Markiza(23.5e)
this can be replicated every time.
2) Select Canal+(13e), recording button, 1 (add recording (stop...)), Arrow UP
this can be replicated every time.

Just to mention all this works if channels are not scrambled/free to air, all forks OK on Helios image

abu baniaz
22-11-14, 03:00
Please try CCcam 2.30.

Not sure why, but you cannot decrypt two channele simultaneously using older versions.

snoopy2013
22-11-14, 09:38
Hi

same problem as by me.

Something is going wrong since a few builds.

Nothing to do with softcams, same problem with recording FTA channel: After statt recording, if I want switch channel and will open channellist, system is freezing.

Hope the bug can be found and fix in near future.

Regards

Larry-G
22-11-14, 09:50
Hi

same problem as by me.

Something is going wrong since a few builds.

Nothing to do with softcams, same problem with recording FTA channel: After statt recording, if I want switch channel and will open channellist, system is freezing.

Hope the bug can be found and fix in near future.

Regards

The OP's issues are CCcam related as and the fix is to upgrade the version of CCcam to 2.3.0, your issues however are new to me and not something I have encountered and I watch / record multiple programs all the time.

snoopy2013
22-11-14, 10:32
Hi pheonix,

for the problem by me, it already exists a thread and I have there also attached a debuglog in post # 4.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42162-Box-hangs-up-when-calling-the-channellist-if-a-recording-is-on-progress

Perhaps you have an idea / can help?

Regards

bbbuk
22-11-14, 10:40
I have this build (I used defaults instead of custom settings restore) and have no problems either recording two channels at same time (whether FTA or other channels) or watching one channel whilst recording another (again whether FTA or other channels).

UPDATE: I can record one channel and scroll through and select channels via EPG without any problems neither.

ircaon
22-11-14, 11:37
I've tried 2.3 - same problem

ircaon
22-11-14, 11:38
this didn't solve the problem neither ;-)

ircaon
22-11-14, 15:35
Hi pheonix,

for the problem by me, it already exists a thread and I have there also attached a debuglog in post # 4.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42162-Box-hangs-up-when-calling-the-channellist-if-a-recording-is-on-progress

Perhaps you have an idea / can help?

Regards
this didn't solve the problem neither ;-)

ircaon
22-11-14, 15:35
Please try CCcam 2.30.

Not sure why, but you cannot decrypt two channele simultaneously using older versions.

I've tried 2.3 - same problem

snoopy2013
22-11-14, 15:38
Hi,

just tested again: Still the same problem (start recording, channelswitch, open channellist, box is freezing) by me (Build Open ViX Apollo 89, Solo2) ...

Maybe the problem concerns only VU+ or Solo2?

Regards

bbbuk
22-11-14, 16:22
Maybe the problem concerns only VU+ or Solo2?Not specifically as I have a VU+ Solo2 and as reported earlier I don't have any problems recording whilst watching/browsing another channel whether FTA or not.

Maybe it's a problem with ABM?

My twin tuners are both set as single, simple 28.2 and I use ABM from ZZL. I obviously only watch 28.2.

Does anyone who has this problem have a ABM setup as mine?

Larry-G
22-11-14, 17:03
Not specifically as I have a VU+ Solo2 and as reported earlier I don't have any problems recording whilst watching/browsing another channel whether FTA or not.

Me either with my Solo2.

My twin tuners are both set as single, simple 28.2 and I use ABM from ZZL. I obviously only watch 28.2.

Nope, but I dont use the ZZL part of ABM I just set mine up for sky HD and use that. although there is no reason why using or not using ZZL should make a difference. The OP said he could still record and watch multiple FTA channels fine so the issue must lie with his card or softcam.

bbbuk
22-11-14, 17:29
The OP said he could still record and watch multiple FTA channels fine so the issue must lie with his card or softcam.I agree. Sorry my post was more for snoopy2013 issue where problem happens even with FTA channels.

ircaon
22-11-14, 18:38
Not specifically as I have a VU+ Solo2 and as reported earlier I don't have any problems recording whilst watching/browsing another channel whether FTA or not.

what Apollo's build did you update to initially? Did you go straight to 88 or did you start using Apollo earlier?

pac2000
22-11-14, 19:11
Pheonix, I've Been Having The Same Problem, With Recording And Calling Up The Channel Lists...

I Use ABM To Create My Initial Lists, And Then Use DBE To Reorder The Lists... What I've Noticed Is There's A Load Of Subservice Entries In DBE(With No Channel Name, Type Or Satpos)... I Can Bring Them In Once From My Quad Plus, Edit And Save And FTP Back...

I've Just Loaded Them Back Up In DBE And I Get "error in userbouquet.xxxxx.tv file(s) TV:1287" And "error in userbouquet.xxxxx.radio file(s) Radio:2806"

It States That It's All Cleaned Up, But I Know By Experience That If I FTP Them Back To The Box It Will Start Crashing Again...

Basically I Can Only FTP To DBE, Edit And FTP Back The Box Once...

When I've Got A Bit Of Time I'll Do A Fresh Flash And Pull The Channel List Created By ABM, And Upload Them On Here... There's Definitely Something Wrong With ABM, Here's The Message DBE Gives Just By Opening The Channel Lists From My Hard Drive...

And Here's The DBE Log File:

bbbuk
22-11-14, 20:46
what Apollo's build did you update to initially? Did you go straight to 88 or did you start using Apollo earlier?I was using 80 and did a clean install to 89. Before 80 I was using 79.

I have to say it's not a common problem otherwise this forum would be filled with complaints so something is different between our installs!

ircaon
23-11-14, 00:04
SOLVED.
It actually was my channel list, starting with default configuration, I added channels using Service searching and ....
all working as it should.
Thank you for your time and thanks for trying to help.
Regards