PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue Quad Plus

mansfieldweb
18-11-14, 21:54
Hi everyone

Could anyone please confirm the current state of the LCD display, transcoding success and/or other issues before I purchase one of these boxes?

Many thanks

mansfieldweb

Silent
19-11-14, 06:33
AFAIK the only remaining issue is fast forwarding or rewinding at x32 or more. Fine if it's slower or you use the 1/3, 4/6, 7/9 keys to jump back and forward.

I haven't tested transcoding for a while though, I'm 5000KM away from the box so would be an unfair test for me to do it with a slow internet connection :). Someone else may be able to help you out there.

Joe_90
19-11-14, 13:25
LCD display on the Quad+ has been fine since the first ViX release supporting it in June. Transcoding is working fine for me to vlc. I usually use the auto settings for transcode bitrate, but it copes with SD and HD live terrestrial and satellite material for me. The FF issue is present since about 20th October driver release as noted above. Needs a driver fix, but you can work around it.

divil_a_bit
19-11-14, 15:09
Agree with all of the above.

Transcoding works fine for me too but I have noticed some strange behaviour on the Gigablue after streaming live TV to another end point. I had notice 3 timers that fired at the correct time but recorded nothing. i.e. the length of the recording was fine but the contents of the recording was a blank screen. I don't fully understand what happened but until I have a better theory, I'm blaming remote streaming. I suspect the remote streaming zapped the channel on the 2nd DVB-S2 and the timers did not zap it back, even though the remote streaming happened before the timer fired.

I've since stopped remote streaming and have not had the recording issue.

mansfieldweb
20-12-14, 22:10
Thanks everyone. I bought one of these in the end and am absolutely delighted with it.

Transcoding works beautiful, the display is simply gorgeous and the speed of it is very impressive.