PDA

View Full Version : Teletext

craig_gb
18-11-14, 21:07
Evening all,

Is there anyway to get teletext on E2?

I cant seem to get anywhere with it. I have tried tuxtxt but it is only in German. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

ronand
18-11-14, 21:18
There is teletext on channels that provide it. No UK based channels have it anymore as they have moved to more modern formats. RTE1 still carries a service (you don't need a sub)

craig_gb
18-11-14, 21:21
When I used the sky receiver, I was able to get this on the likes of BBC1 etc but now I cant using my Gigablue. All it would be used for is to check the football scores and lottery results. I have tried individual plugins but just not working correctly.

Thanks

ronand
18-11-14, 21:24
That's not traditional teletext - its a proprietary format and not available on third party receivers that I know of.

craig_gb
18-11-14, 21:26
Any suggestions that I can use as an alternative???
Thanks

ronand
18-11-14, 21:31
The livefootball plugin is good for football scores. You may need to get the latest 5.6 version elsewhere as the version in the feeds may not be working. Also you have the hbb plugin which includes the opera web browser

craig_gb
18-11-14, 21:34
Sorry to be a pain but what is the HBB plugin? Tried to googlesearch but couldnt really find an answer.

ronand
18-11-14, 21:36
HbbTV is the modern form of teletext being used across Europe (outside the uk). It combines tv with the web and is interactive. Try it on the german channels. But it includes a web browser so you can get the lotto numbers.

Read about Hbb here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Broadcast_Broadband_TV