PDA

View Full Version : Help with bricked quad

skippie
17-11-14, 22:07
Hi, I got a serious problem and I need help please.

I went to install the latest Openvix HD at my parents in law, not realising they had an old version of Openvix installed with old bootloader, I installed the latest Openvix HD. It didn't reboot after installing so I switched off and on at the back but the gigablue didn't boot up.

I saw the Openvix sign but nothing else happened. Then I downloaded and installed the new bootloader but the Quad doesn't startup anymore now. Nothing on the little screen and no picture on the TV.

I hope it is not totally bricked. What can I do please? Help wanted.

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk

cat010
17-11-14, 22:26
have you went through the procedure of installing bootloader then installing the image again

skippie
18-11-14, 00:11
1. i installed image first : stuck at OPENVIX sign
2. i then downloaded new bootloader, installed on quad : no startup anymore. Red light on but nothing happens, can't see anything on lcd screen, nothing to see on TV either.

Larry-G
18-11-14, 00:21
Installing the image alone without the new bootloader would not be enough to brick the receiver, installing the wrong image. IE the QUAD HD image on a QUAD just might though.

skippie
18-11-14, 00:32
I tried to install the openvixHD Apollo.080 gbquad usb

skippie
18-11-14, 00:35
i read somewhere to install the bootloader again and changing noforce to force, maybe that might help

skippie
18-11-14, 00:47
hmm what i noticed now, at the attempt of installing the new image, i just saw that the usb stick was EMPTY.
I copied the image from my mother in-law's laptop to the usb stick, but somehow that never happened and i put the stick empty in the gigablue.

Is this maybe the reason that the quad doesn't start up now ?

abu baniaz
18-11-14, 01:00
Have you tried again after redownloading?

Flash bootloader.
Delete the bootloader files from USB
Flash image

skippie
18-11-14, 01:00
i can't flash the bootloader anymore, nothing appears on the lcd screen, that's the problem now.
Unless it works with changing NOFORCE to FORCE.

But i can't try atm, my daughter is watching tv on my quad atm.

abu baniaz
18-11-14, 01:04
force = updates with no prompt
noforce = waits for confirmation

Obviously both depend on receiver picking up the file during it's boot process.

skippie
18-11-14, 01:32
UPDATE : it's fixed!!

Installed new bootloader : no problem.
Installed Openvix HD Apollo.080.gbquad : no problem

thnx for helping guys :)

Larry-G
18-11-14, 01:33
Glad you got it sorted in the end, although I bet you were having a few brown trouser moments there LOL.

skippie
18-11-14, 01:38
hehe, yeah, not being my quad .... tchhhhhhhh, scary moment there ;)