PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Setup-System-Network causes green screen

robsond90
29-11-10, 21:11
Can anyone work out what's likely to be causing this problem: every time I try to go into the Network menu I just get a green screen and the box restarts. It's been doing this ever since I upgraded from Vix 1.1 to 1.2.

Latest crashlog attached.

Thanks ...

silverfox0786
29-11-10, 21:13
Create a swap file

sonc
29-11-10, 22:17
I can't see how creating a swap file is going to help?

Selecting 'Network' just brings up the 'network setup' menu - hardly a drain on system memory. If that is really causing a crash, then there is something wrong somewhere else.

After upgrading to V1.2, did you run system update? If you did then I would try re-flashing the image.

silverfox0786
29-11-10, 23:20
a swapp file will help your getting a memory overload crash

it is done via menu,setup,vix,swap manager

place it on a usb if you have one fitted as its faster if not on hdd

the memory overload is not the network but other things working in the background then seleting network crashes it

its like the straw that broke the camels back

robsond90
30-11-10, 00:31
Thanks for the suggestions, but I already had a swap file on the HDD, and I had already tried changing it to the USB stick to see if it made a difference - it didn't. My system is fully updated, and I've also tried deleting plugins (not that I use many) and turning off the softcams, but it still crashes as soon as I click on the network button.

I'll try a few more options before I reflash, as I'm curious to know where the problem lies - maybe the skin? (I've been using Blue Shadow for weeks.)

robsond90
30-11-10, 13:47
It turns out that my flash of inspiration whilst writing the last message was correct: it is the skin which is causing the problem. I know Blue Shadow isn't fully certified to work with ViX images, but this is the only glitch I've come across whilst using it. The problem isn't solved, but at least I can now easily work around it.