PDA

View Full Version : Sky-HD Channels

kalebroc
16-11-14, 11:16
Well I was just wondering if any of you guys think we'll ever get HD channels going again? I must admit I miss my HD channels, I have a full Sky subscription and have two more VU+ boxes in my house and am really considering just getting multiroom or multiscreen whatever they call it !! Really p****d off with those bloody money grabbing payservers who have ruined our little hobby. Oh well, rant over for now but if anybody has any real news on this topic I would be really glad to hear it.

DaMacFunkin
16-11-14, 11:45
Err no, not with your own subscription anyway.

judge
16-11-14, 12:09
Err no, not with your own subscription anyway.
OP clearly states he has full HD sub, so frustration at being forced to use providers boxes is pretty valid.

timofee
16-11-14, 15:25
Get a cable line and a VM card. Ditch the Ѕky sub.

Hey presto, problem solved. All the Ѕky HD channels back on your VU boxes.

Andy_Hazza
16-11-14, 15:59

Not everyone can have cable tho dude

timofee
16-11-14, 16:02
Not everyone can have satellite.

Are we even?

Larry-G
16-11-14, 16:18
Not everyone can have satellite.

Are we even?

This is not a pissing contest, so try not to turn it into one.

duoduo
16-11-14, 16:46
No news on when or if hd will be back buddy, depends on how soon someone cracks the latest encryption..

kalebroc
16-11-14, 17:08
Yeah, thanks guys, I'm in Rep. Of Ireland, no VM here - no cable - (I think?), lucky to have 5Mb broadband where I am so Sly seems to be my only option for TV - unless someone has an alternative option for me :) . Oh well, will just have to suffer on for awhile I guess. But I suppose what I should have asked in my first post was if anybody knew if there was any progress being made in getting the HD channels back? I've read some rumours on various forums but no solid evidence. It would be such a shame to have to go back to those crappy sat boxes that Sly supply because the VU+ boxes are great and the software that these guys at Vix supply for them is fantastic, I really want to thank everybody at Vix and this website for a great service.

Larry-G
16-11-14, 17:11
Yeah, thanks guys, I'm in Rep. Of Ireland, no VM here - no cable - (I think?), lucky to have 5Mb broadband where I am so Sly seems to be my only option for TV - unless someone has an alternative option for me :) . Oh well, will just have to suffer on for awhile I guess. But I suppose what I should have asked in my first post was if anybody knew if there was any progress being made in getting the HD channels back? I've read some rumours on various forums but no solid evidence. It would be such a shame to have to go back to those crappy sat boxes that Sly supply because the VU+ boxes are great and the software that these guys at Vix supply for them is fantastic, I really want to thank everybody at Vix and this website for a great service.

I feel your pain buddy, My own sky card went back into it's original sky receiver a few weeks ago and I instantly hated it. I still use my E2 boxes for most of my own viewing as FTA is more than enough for me. but the family needed their sub's back and it was no longer a viable option to pay for a sub to sky and not use it properly.

Flyingpig
16-11-14, 22:18
It is wrong that Sky make us use there receiver - but it is the t&c's that people sign up...... Eff them.,.,..

roy0110
16-11-14, 23:21
i have heard first-hand from someone who dabbles in the dark arts that we can't speak of, that he can now watch sky italy HD channels, i'm not sure which sat receiver he has but it isn't one of sky's own.
he does use openvix though.
maybe a fix for sky uk HD might not be too far away?

judge
17-11-14, 00:18
i have heard first-hand from someone who dabbles in the dark arts that we can't speak of, that he can now watch sky italy HD channels, i'm not sure which sat receiver he has but it isn't one of sky's own.
he does use openvix though.
maybe a fix for sky uk HD might not be too far away?
If you've heard 'first hand', why not ask him which receiver & which cam?
Still smells like BS for now...

roy0110
17-11-14, 01:09
his reply....solo2 and cccam.

judge
17-11-14, 01:15
his reply....solo2 and cccam.

bs .

duoduo
17-11-14, 08:57
If cccam let's you watch sly Italia like before then the encryption surely would be the same as before, which isn't the case. Also we would all be watching Sly hd still using cccam, I'm with judge definitely bs..

pac2000
17-11-14, 21:19
It's The Old Caid 0919 Cards... They Are About 10 Years Old Now, And I Can't See BSkyB Allowing Them To Continue For Much Longer Now It's Bought Sky Italia...

roy0110
17-11-14, 21:32
It's The Old Caid 0919 Cards... They Are About 10 Years Old Now, And I Can't See BSkyB Allowing Them To Continue For Much Longer Now It's Bought Sky Italia...

i don't understand any of that Caid jargon :confused:
but in the latter part of your sentence are you saying italia HD viewing is still possible on non-sky receivers?

pac2000
18-11-14, 19:28
Yes, But Only With Them Cards... Apparently They Aren't Compatible With The New Pairing Method, So Implemented A Different Pairing Method... This Has Been Bypassed... Which Is Why I've Said That Sky Will Close This Loophole... But There Aren't Many Left Anyway...

The UK Completely Updated To The Newer Cards, Then Forced People To Use The Newer Sky Receivers To View HD, Which Basically Means The Same Will Not Be Possible In The UK...

Sicilian
18-11-14, 19:43
Moved to correct section, this is NOT News!

nsw9154
24-11-14, 13:05

I would love to know how this is possible as I have a Virgin Cable XL sub and was going to upgrade to the full sports package for £150 when it was offered just before the footy season started but decided against it as I still hate having to use that useless Tivo remote even though I bought a Harmony 650 I still have to use the Tivo remote for the majority of settings (any way getting off the subject their) I have been told that their is no way that I could use my Virgin Card in my Duo2 or LX3 I fitted a cable tuner in my LX3 but have disconnected it as it was a wast a of space and I could only receive about 8 FTA channels I would not mind it if I could receive all the free channels on cable but 8 :mad:

so how is it possible to get my Virgin Card to work in my LX3 as I would buy another cable tuner today and fit the card in to it and put the Tivo Box in the Cupboard :rolleyes:

Larry-G
24-11-14, 13:13
I would love to know how this is possible as I have a Virgin Cable XL sub and was going to upgrade to the full sports package for £150 when it was offered just before the footy season started but decided against it as I still hate having to use that useless Tivo remote even though I bought a Harmony 650 I still have to use the Tivo remote for the majority of settings (any way getting off the subject their) I have been told that their is no way that I could use my Virgin Card in my Duo2 or LX3 I fitted a cable tuner in my LX3 but have disconnected it as it was a wast a of space and I could only receive about 8 FTA channels I would not mind it if I could receive all the free channels on cable but 8 :mad:

so how is it possible to get my Virgin Card to work in my LX3 as I would buy another cable tuner today and fit the card in to it and put the Tivo Box in the Cupboard :rolleyes:

The only way is to send the original receiver to a third party to life the chip and take certain details off it which you then use in conjunction with a softcam to allow your enigma2 based receiver to read the card, all of this is of course highly simplified for this post also highly illegal and off limits for this forum.

nsw9154
24-11-14, 13:18
Thanks for the quick reply pheonix I did not think that their would be a simple solution looks like the Tivo Box is staying put :(

Ojustaboo
09-12-14, 19:09
That answered my question then :) Just got an offer to come back to Sky for 33% off for 5 years.

Not worth it if I cant use my Quad.

intrigue
09-12-14, 19:27
Good offer, my in laws have just had 60% off for 12 months, no contract, £100 bill credit. Base package for £60 a year near on! Can't decide if that's a bargain or not lol