PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Automatic Time shift save?

DaMacFunkin
16-11-14, 09:56
I have never been able to get the time shift save function to work correctly, for example, yesterday I had sky movies HD on via cable tuner, just as I was going out home alone started, about 2 minutes in one of kids said I wish we had recorded this, so I pressed record and chose the option which is save time shift as recording after event. I left the box turned on and just turned of the tv, on inspecting the recorded files I have 2 files titled home alone, one is the adverts and the start of the movie about 4 minutes 30 seconds, the other big file is well I don't know, all I can view of it is the start of the next film, trying to fast forward or rewind through it doesn't seem to get me anywhere fast.
Is this a bug, or is it that it is HD mpeg2?

kwax
16-11-14, 19:43
I have had exactly the same issues for a very long time on a Solo2 and et9200 with openvix only. This feature is a complete hit and miss independently of openvix image version or box.

Really strange that this bug is being ignored completely! :(

abu baniaz
16-11-14, 19:48
It is not being ignored. People have not been reportiing it properly. Those doing it have had a chip on their shoulder while so.

Anyway, it will be addressed in due course. Feel free to amend code and push the changes.

Thread changed to Vix Misc. Also changed title to add "automatic"

DaMacFunkin
16-11-14, 22:11
How could I have reported it better? What was 'chip' about what I said and how I said it?

abu baniaz
16-11-14, 22:24
Chip:
Not about your post directly. Sorry if you feel it was directed at you.

Better:
Add the fact that it is automatic timeshift. I have assumed this and added it to title. Otherwise people will be testing the manual timeshift.
Add debug logs.

Larry-G
17-11-14, 17:20
As Abu said he was not directly referencing your post just that in general most users expect fixes but don't ever submit any where near enough info needed for us to start investigating. This has been a ongoing problem since ViX was first released and is very frustrating for all involved.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk