PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Sundtek DVB-C USB getting 0 channels when searching

rubbabullets1
15-11-14, 21:45
So let me tell you my setup. I have virgin broadband coming into the house via a single coaxial cable which has a -6db adaptor on the end going into the router (installed by them)

I took this out of the router and into the sundtek adaptor using a female to tv output thingy to go into the sundtek.

I have looked at all the ways to search including a complete but it just wont find any channels.

I think my area is 00020 Oxford

Spent hours on this now but cannot figure it out. The drivers are fine its just all scan types find no channels im at a loss..

duoduo
15-11-14, 21:56
What is your tuner config?

rubbabullets1
15-11-14, 23:12
Tuner C: Sundtek DVB-C (III) (0/0) (USB) (DVB-C) setting under sundtek control are

☆config support hidden
☆ DVB transmission way is DVC-C
*usb/network is via usb
*use second stick ia no

Under service searching it is

Tuner type DVB-C
Config mode - enables
NETWORK Id ive tried 00013 and 00020
Used service scan is provider
Provider to scan is cablebruteforce symbolrate 6887 ive also tried virgin 6887

No idea what to do now

Peterj
16-11-14, 09:22
probably unnecessary question: Did you start the tuner in Sundtek control center?
A 'normal' full scan doesn't work (not service scan is provider)? This will scan all freq. whatever provider/network-id is.

DaMacFunkin
16-11-14, 09:38
Don't mess about scanning all channels, you don't need to, as Peter says make sure you have started the tuner from control panel, enigma will then restart. Set up ABM to scan Virgin in your area (net i.d.), choose to have provider prefix on bouquets, and to start with make sure you are not hiding any sections (even on $ky) then run a scan, you should pull in about 384 channels on VM, access your new bouquet by pressing arrow down on remote. You may want to set timeshift to disable or 10 seconds plus when using sundtek dvb-c stick.

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 09:39
Yeh its started as it shows as a tuner and completing a full scan takes about 20 mins. Or at least i think its scanning and active. I have set the netid in the tuner config. So what shall I put here instead before i start a scan? Which scan shall I try.

thanks for the help people appreciate it. Hopefully get it working :)

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 09:40
Damac will give this a go. I know the line is active as i get my broadband though it. Ive disconnected that and put that into sundtek until i get a splitter. So it should work. I live just outside of Oxford so have been using 00020 as net id.

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 09:56
Ok so from sundtek control centre i set to dvb-c and started tuner which reset enigma.

I then went to tuner config in service searching and set it to netid 00020 and provider vm then saved and went into ABM and virgin Oxford as provider.

It takes a minute then says timeout for tuner lock and doesnt find any channels

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 10:32
Ive put the coaxial cable back into router and it locks on fine and the internet works.

Ive tried both the tuner and abm at netid 00013 reading and 00020 oxford nothing. Timeout tuner lock every time

DaMacFunkin
16-11-14, 11:42
Take the 6 db off and plug straight in and try that m8

timofee
16-11-14, 15:35
There is something wrong in your earlier posts. You say that you set the Provider to scan to cablebruteforce symbolrate 6887 and also tried virgin 6887.

Neither of those options are in the cables.xml file provided with the latest Apollo image. I assume you must have loaded in someone else's cables.xml file from somewhere. What you should also scan is symbolrate 6952 - which is one of the options you get if you load a latest ViX Apollo image.

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 16:01
I did get cables.xml off the net as i didnt know the latest image had it. Will reflash and have ago with 6db on if that dont work will take it off. Fingers crossed peeps!

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 17:02
Sorry my previous post should have said i have tried virgin 6952,

I have flashed the latest apollo firmware again and installed sundtek drivers. Again tried abm and it says timeout tuner failed lock also tried the 6db on and off but nothing at all...

Stumped now really think ive brought a door stop for a tuner....

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 17:02
Timeout for tuner lock*

Peterj
16-11-14, 17:23
Set your Sundtek tuner to all freq and do a full scan on the Sundtek tuner.
This way you know if the tuner is working.
When you get a lot of channels, then try ABM. There it is important to pick the correct network-id.

I have a Sundtek on my Sole SE and it is doing very well.

DaMacFunkin
16-11-14, 18:06
I have sundtek on my solo2 and duo2 here is how to do a full scan:
menu/set up/service searching/tuner configuration and select tuner, in your case will be C.
Tuner type dvb-c
Configuration mode enabled
Network I'd (yours)
Used service type scan provider
Provider to scan virgin media uk 6952
Press save

Then exit to manual scan and select tuner C

Type of scan complete
Network scan yes
Clear before scan no
Only free scan no
Press scan, this will take some time.

You should pull in about 584 channels, they will then be in your last scanned bouquet.

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 20:06
Peterj I just tried this and it said "Nothing to scan please setup your tuner settings" I am going to take this to a friends house and try there connection. Begining to wonder if I have a dodgy sundtek.

Anyone live near Oxford that could either try theres or come check my setup?

DaMacFunkin
16-11-14, 22:05
Please try mine, you will get that error if you don't set it up as I posted.

rubbabullets1
16-11-14, 22:31
DamacFunkin sorry My second post didnt actually come through. I tried yours as well it takes a while trying to find stuff but then says no channels found.

I really cannot think of anything else, Im just outside Oxford so just confirm for me the net id is 00020?

Again thans for your help everyone I am sure we will get there.

Going to work tonight so tomorrow I will try the standard tv channels the T bit to check tuner is not faulty??

abu baniaz
16-11-14, 22:35
Produce logs as per this thread. Attach to this thread of yours

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38120-Logs-for-Pure-area-required

rubbabullets1
17-11-14, 01:49
Abu at work tonight will give it a go tomorrow night when I wake up. The thread mentions an active channel which I cant get at the moment or am I miss reading that?

abu baniaz
17-11-14, 02:09
Scan using these settings

rubbabullets1
17-11-14, 08:09
Abu tried with those settings exactly the same. As soon as i do a complete manual scan it comes up with " nothing to scan! Please setup your tuner settings before you start a service scan"

DaMacFunkin
17-11-14, 10:20
If you tried my settings and they don't work maybe you just have a bog standard splitter and not an isolater type, I seem to remember Scicillian had some probs but then added a correct frequency isolator and it all popped to life.

rubbabullets1
17-11-14, 13:48
Ah interesting do you remember what it was he got? My cable knowledge is poor so not sure what one of these are. Google didnt throw much up.

abu baniaz
17-11-14, 15:44
Let's take a different approach. Set your tuner as terrestrial and connect it to an aerial. Do a scan, do you pickup the freeview channels?

If not, sundtek are quite good at helping their product users by skype

rubbabullets1
17-11-14, 15:58
will do it now wait one

rubbabullets1
17-11-14, 18:11
Dvb-T works fine....

rubbabullets1
17-11-14, 21:48
Got a 5-1700mhz galvanised isolater is that it?

Maxwell
18-11-14, 09:43
Its possible your signal is too strong, get yourself a new splitter @3Db insertion loss and get a 6Db attenuator, make sure you have 2 good patch leads one from splitter to Sundtek and one to your Router, try it with just the splitter at first, if nothing then try it with the 6Db attenuator as well

Make sure you can see the tuner in Tuner setup then in tuner config set your network id to your 00013 set all options to yes for QAM, SR6900 and SR6875, set Scan additional SR to 6887 and 6952, once done save the config with the green button.

now do a manual cable scan and see what happens

DaMacFunkin
18-11-14, 09:59
Got a 5-1700mhz galvanised isolater is that it?

I'm able to check at the moment but that appears to be correct.

rubbabullets1
18-11-14, 18:43
Will get my hand on one, dont happen to know which one. Looked at gleebay but theres so many

rubbabullets1
19-11-14, 17:28
When I try this Maxwell I get the error please configure tuner but I have... Wont do a complete manual scan with those settings. Dont understand... Im thinking The tuner is faulty? I get DVB-T though???

Its possible your signal is too strong, get yourself a new splitter @3Db insertion loss and get a 6Db attenuator, make sure you have 2 good patch leads one from splitter to Sundtek and one to your Router, try it with just the splitter at first, if nothing then try it with the 6Db attenuator as well

Make sure you can see the tuner in Tuner setup then in tuner config set your network id to your 00013 set all options to yes for QAM, SR6900 and SR6875, set Scan additional SR to 6887 and 6952, once done save the config with the green button.

now do a manual cable scan and see what happens

DaMacFunkin
19-11-14, 17:35
I've told you how to do manual scan with these tuners, they react differently than internal tuners, I think you need to try your original box on the cable and see if you are at least getting the 4 free channels (you don't need a full sub for bbc1 ITV bbc2 and ch4). You will also be able to get the correct net Id from your original box.

rubbabullets1
19-11-14, 17:43
Will have to check the loft but I am 100% sure Virgin took the tivo box when I went to broadband only.... Been living with crappy stuttered signal on the old TV since. Ive done your way of scanning and still nothing :(

I've told you how to do manual scan with these tuners, they react differently than internal tuners, I think you need to try your original box on the cable and see if you are at least getting the 4 free channels (you don't need a full sub for bbc1 ITV bbc2 and ch4). You will also be able to get the correct net Id from your original box.

s2tephen
19-11-14, 17:44
Have you downloaded the Sundtek Controller Plugin and DID IT install the driver?
When you run the plugin set it to expert mode and tick the auto start.

rubbabullets1
19-11-14, 17:47
It updated the driver today as when I started tuner it installed something then started it,. I can configure the tuner fine in settings just nothing at all when I scan, Feels like there is no signal what so ever...

s2tephen
19-11-14, 17:50
In your tuner setting change
User Service Scan Type to Provider
Network ID to 00020 or whatever yours is
The change the service provider to whoever you use ???
Then try manual scan

rubbabullets1
19-11-14, 19:00
NetID is 20 I have confirmed this with my neighbour

In your tuner setting change
User Service Scan Type to Provider
Network ID to 00020 or whatever yours is
The change the service provider to whoever you use ???
Then try manual scan

khan888
19-11-14, 20:15
NetID is 20 I have confirmed this with my neighbour

Can you provide the following screenshots to confirm your tuner config is correctly setup.

38631 38632 38633

rubbabullets1
19-11-14, 20:16
Ive tried blackhole image to check and it doesnt work either. When it network scans it fails every time. Will message Maxwell the gear ive got and see if he can figure it out.

rubbabullets1
19-11-14, 20:20
Will be home in an or so and will post the pics of settings and of the equipment

rubbabullets1
19-11-14, 23:10
This is the splitter I have, then I have a cable going into my router then the other goes into an isolater then into 6db thingy then into sundtek

rubbabullets1
20-11-14, 19:34
:( Tried everything now..... Different splitters isolators... like everything I can possibly think of gutted wondering if it could be the tuner or do Virgin have a way to stop cable signal and just allow broadband frequencies

khan888
20-11-14, 20:06
do Virgin have a way to stop cable signal and just allow broadband frequencies

No if you have a live signal for your broadband in your household this can also be used to split onto the tv side.

Set your tuner config as the below pic

Then try the following two manual scans

38678 38679

rubbabullets1
20-11-14, 20:23
Tired the first settings - Says 0 Channels Found will try second now

rubbabullets1
20-11-14, 20:25
Again only took about 10 seconds then says _ Scan Completed 0 Channels found.... thanks though Khan will keep trying

rubbabullets1
23-11-14, 10:47
Guys nothing has worked so shall i return to sundtek as possibly faulty??

Peterj
23-11-14, 10:55
Did you try this:
Set tuner setting to scan all frequencies (networkid= 00000).
make sure to add symbolrate 6887 and 6952 (second page of tuner config).
These are the symbol rates Virgin is using.
Try a automatic scan, or a manual scan (complete)

rubbabullets1
23-11-14, 20:43
Im pretty sure i did but will give it a go now see what it says

rubbabullets1
23-11-14, 20:55
Says "trying to find used transponders on network"

Then says "nothing to scan" " please set up your tuner settings before you start a service scan"

Peterj
23-11-14, 21:48
sorry, I ran out of options.

rubbabullets1
25-11-14, 13:25
:( has anyone local to oxford got a sundtek i could try incase mine is faulty?

DaMacFunkin
25-11-14, 15:23
I've missed this thread for a while but going back over it it is my opinion you need the frequency isolator I mentioned before, some Virgin supplied splitters contain the frequency isolator, your Koenig splitter does not, I'm quite sure this is the reason you are not picking up channels, at my current address my signal is split into 3 in the outside box, then each input into the house has a frequency isolator, at my old address the isolator was in the outside box then it split into 3 inside the house, I won't be home for a few days but I am sure if you remove the isolator you won't get any channels. Here is a quote from cable forum:-

jaycee
Inactive

jaycee will become famous soon enoughjaycee will become famous soon enoughjaycee will become famous soon enough
Re: Cables and Isolators
It's whats called a galvanic isolator. Basically there is no direct connection between the cable from outside, and your equipment. This acts as a safety feature - should equipment in the cabinet go faulty, it reduces the risk of damage/electrocution to your equipment and you, and vice versa. Also, it prevents something called a "ground loop" which causes interference.

rubbabullets1
25-11-14, 20:36
Damacfunkin when you get a spare min can you check which you you have.

Thanks mate

abu baniaz
25-11-14, 20:46
Forget the splitter and connect the receiver directly to the incoming cable where the modem is located. Could be a cbling issue, you can live without broadband for a few minutes.

Can you please post screenshots of the settings you are using. People keep uploading the ones you should use, surely you should be uploading the ones you are using?

rubbabullets1
25-11-14, 23:36
Yup done that i originally took the cable kut the back of the modem and used that. That didnt work so have been trying ever since :(

abu baniaz
25-11-14, 23:50
If you capnnect your modem where your receiver is does your internet work? If it does then we knwo that you have signal there, barring fluctuations.

Have you tried Skyping Sundteksupport? Alternatively, you can send to me and I can test it for you.

Hope you change your mind on uploading screenshots of your tuer config and setup of Sundtek Control Centre.

Peterj
26-11-14, 10:39
Don't use the cable which is normally connected to the modem.
When there is a signal splitter used to split the signal to the modem and to your 'normal' tv connection, it is possible the signal to the modem is filtered to the lower band frequencies.
Try using the cable before any splitter.

rubbabullets1
26-11-14, 19:35
Sorry for late reply got called into work early. I can get screen shots no problem but i have used every single setting type on here. I have tried cable directly from the outside into the house with no splitters or anything and it doesnt work.

Thats koing splitter i got work fine with the broadband. I also took the box and sundtek to my mates today and plugged the cable going from his V box straight into mine. I repeated all settings in this tread and still nothing. I think this must be a faulty unit. Will see if i can get a new one shipped out.

sundtek
27-11-14, 01:40
I didn't see this one before, if anyone is having a problem with our tuner just let us know we can help to check within a few minutes.
Skype: sundtek or http://chat.sundtek.de (please note the chat is not always occupied, Skype-chat is the best way so we can reply once we see the messages)

I guess in that case it's probably just that the wrong frequency were scanned (the owner of our device contacted us now and we'll check it with him).

Aside of that the autoscan will probably be supported within December, we will mainly focus on software from December on for our tuners (especially Win/Mac/Linux).

MrCeez
28-11-14, 04:56
I have the same problem I've also noticed that in the sundtek control it shows no stick found although it's detected by the system

rubbabullets1
28-11-14, 06:09
See I get it displayed in my tuner config and control centre. How did you install yours via the plugins download or from ssi using the files from sundtek website? I will be speaking to sundtek later today and hopefully test some of there ideas.

rubbabullets1
29-11-14, 22:36
Sundtek Support have been amazing! We are not there yet it appears that my signal is low this end can get it up to 43% by removing splitter from router. Has anyone else had this issue? did an amplifier solve it?

proevoking
28-02-15, 14:23
has anyone managed to figure this out as i have low signal too?

rubbabullets1
18-06-15, 13:46
has anyone managed to figure this out as i have low signal too?

I still havent managed to get it working. Ive moved house now so will have a go at the new place tonight or something i also have a booster will we can have a go

DaMacFunkin
18-06-15, 16:44
Hope you have a catv amplifier an ariel booster won't work.

rubbabullets1
18-06-15, 17:10
Hope you have a catv amplifier an ariel booster won't work.

Its yellow and called Konig catv home amplifier

lincsat
18-06-15, 17:45
Also check you don't have too much signal. I would suggest using the Konig before any splitters so it's boosting the best signal available.

rubbabullets1
20-06-15, 20:17
Also check you don't have too much signal. I would suggest using the Konig before any splitters so it's boosting the best signal available.

Ok so In my old house I couldnt get the Sundtek to tune on my Vu+ Solo 2 and Im sorry to say I still cant get it working. I have the latest Open Vix image its a clean install with the latest drivers.

I have tried ABM with VM but it says "Tuner Lock Failed" I am yet to boost the signal it is all on lowest setting at the moment, will try that now but I am not hopefull....

rubbabullets1
20-06-15, 20:30
Actually it says "Timeout for Tuner Lock"

rubbabullets1
20-06-15, 20:39
Wait I may have just nailed it! its finding channels!! will update soon!!

rubbabullets1
20-06-15, 21:10
Ok got 500 odd channels but cannot get any to clear, anyone know how to fix?

rubbabullets1
20-06-15, 21:25
I got BBc 1 and BBC 2 they work, initially a bit stuttery so I boosted the signal more and now they are perfect

detox1978
09-01-16, 22:14
I'm in the same boat. How did you boost the

detox1978
10-01-16, 01:05
It seems to have sorted itself, after an ABM scan.

ossie5
11-06-16, 23:56
Digging up old thread, current frequency for Oxford in xml for ABM is incorrect: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52060-Oxford-NetID-20