PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Vu solo2 freezing after automatic restart

HuBo
14-11-14, 15:16
Hi,

I'd like to ask for some help, maybe somebody can figure out what I am doing wrong.
I have 5 Vu solo 2 receivers as streaming servers (with dishes connected and everything). These "server" receivers has VIX openvix-Apollo.079-vusolo2 images installed, nothing else, no fancy skins.
On the other side I have 5 solo2 receivers with the same Vix images, with remote channel stream converter extensions, and each "client" receiver connects to one "server" receiver. Streaming not working perfectly, HD is freezing but this is a different problem.

If I leave the servers in standby mode, the clients can stream all the channels from the servers. But if the servers are in standby for too long, the enigma2 or something stops, the channels are faded in the channel lists, and the clients shows a message "no free tuner".

So I tried to restart all the servers every midnight, then put them in standby. And because when the server is restarting, the client could loose the connection, I restart the clients too, just after the server starts a restart procedure.

And here I am now, the servers are restarting just fine, but the client are totally stopped when they are restarted just after the server has restarted. No web interface, no response for ping, can't connect with ssh. Just manual restart helps, with the button on the back.

How can I stop the servers from freezing?

Rob van der Does
14-11-14, 16:53
I have roughly the same setup, and no issues.

"channels are faded in the channel lists" means that E2 knows it can't tune to them. This can only be the case because tuners are engaged.
Tuners can be engaged by one or more of your clients, or by an external party who hacked into your system

The telnet command 'netstat' will tell you exactly who is connected to your box.

HuBo
18-11-14, 09:38
And again, all the receivers are stopped, "no free tuner" message. Netstat shows only my addresses (through VPN). Probably the server vu SOlo 2 receivers stopped working. And after a short period of time the stream client receiver stops working. No ping, no web interface, no telnet, no nothing.

Rob van der Does
18-11-14, 09:45
Meaning you've got "channels are faded in the channel lists" again?

HuBo
19-11-14, 08:31
Yes. I'am now trying to disable every plugin I use (which is only one, crossepg). Checked again the network connection, only my receivers are connected to each other.