PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Movielist- Feature request

tappari
14-11-14, 11:19
Could you add an option that the cursor stay at position of the last watched movie when I return to the MovieList?
I see that you have adopted from OpenPli red colour in channel list when recording is on in certain channel.
This is another thing you should adopt from them.

Rob van der Does
14-11-14, 11:51
Please explain what you mean.

birdman
14-11-14, 13:01
Please explain what you mean.I can do that, as I was about to open a thread on the same issue.

When you have finished watching a recording and press the Stop button you get taken back to the movie list (well, this is configurable - but that's the default setting). You will be taken back to the last folder you were in, which will be the one that this just-stopped recording is in. Your most-likely next action is to delete the now-viewed recording. However, the selection will not be on what you have just viewed, but rather it will be on the top entry in the list. So you are likely to accidentally delete this "wrong" entry (since it may have the same name in the list as that entry which you wish to delete).

So the rewuest is to highlight the just-viewed entry when you go back to the movie list when stopping a viewing to make deleting it simpler.

tappari
14-11-14, 13:30
Or just to continue playing last wathched movie, not the first one on the list.
It`s been in OpenPLi quite a long time this feature.

Rob van der Does
14-11-14, 13:47
....However, the selection will not be on what you have just viewed, but rather it will be on the top entry in the list. ...
Hmm, than something is wrong. Default behaviour is that the last one viewed is highlighted. And on all my boxes that is and always has always been the case.
And I'm 100% sure about that, as indeed I always delete that one immediately.

Having said that: I have no idea why that doesn't happen in your case.

Larry-G
14-11-14, 13:52
Or just to continue playing last wathched movie, not the first one on the list.
It`s been in OpenPLi quite a long time this feature.

It has also been in ViX for a long time, years even.

tappari
14-11-14, 13:56
Hmm, than something is wrong. Default behaviour is that the last one viewed is highlighted. And on all my boxes that is and always has always been the case.
And I'm 100% sure about that, as indeed I always delete that one immediately.

Having said that: I have no idea why that doesn't happen in your case.
So, when you open the movie list, where is the cursor placed? In the upper (last recorded) position or last watched movie?

Rob van der Does
14-11-14, 16:48
Opening the movie list from live-TV: cursor is at the top in the last watched folder.
(Automated) opening of the list on stopping playback: the last played file is highlighted (so ready to be deleted).
This behaviour is identical to PLi's.

birdman
15-11-14, 02:32
And I'm 100% sure about that, as indeed I always delete that one immediately.Unless you've been deleting the wrong files and not noticed....

Having said that: I have no idea why that doesn't happen in your case.Not just my case. I didn't start this thread, so that means there are at least two of us, with different systems, that see this.

With me I go back to the first file in the last folder used. I have my entries sorted alphabetically, directories first.
It happens if I press Stop, or TV (which also stops the playback and drops you into the movie list).

Rob van der Does
15-11-14, 03:19
Unless you've been deleting the wrong files and not noticed....
Nope, that's not the case; I always see that I'm on the correct, just watched file before deleting it.

I use sorting alphabetical and chronological.

Tkr001
15-11-14, 03:49
I do exactly the same as Rob and for me the focus is always on the last file viewed.....

birdman
15-11-14, 12:16
Nope, that's not the case; I always see that I'm on the correct, just watched file before deleting it.Well, that's not wokring for everyone

I use sorting alphabetical and chronological.Those are two separate options for me. I'd like to be abe to do both as at the moment an alphabetic sort (which I use) puts the most recent episode of a series at the top op the list, and I'd prefer that the earliest episode were first.

ronand
15-11-14, 12:20
Why should the image be changed for 2 people? I don't want the last viewed item to be selected.

Rob van der Does
15-11-14, 12:22
Well, that's not wokring for everyone
As I said before: than something is wrong.
No idea what though.

birdman
16-11-14, 01:00
Why should the image be changed for 2 people?No-one asked for it to be...
I don't want the last viewed item to be selected....but it could be configurable.

And, from your comment, it appears that you currently don't see it either, so we're up to at least 3.

birdman
16-11-14, 01:02
As I said before: than something is wrong.
No idea what though.Is this part of Enigma2's Python coding? If so, any idea which bit(s)?

judge
16-11-14, 01:34
Last viewed file is selected/highlighted on exiting movie list.
Last used folder is used on entering movie list, not sure what the issue is?

birdman
16-11-14, 02:51
Last viewed file is selected/highlighted on exiting movie list.??? If I exit the movie list then no movie file is selected - as I'm not viewing any movie list!

Last used folder is used on entering movie list, not sure what the issue is?The issue is that when you stop a recording you do not (or at least three of us do not) end up with that recording selected - you end up on the first entry in its folder instead.
All described in post #3.

Rob van der Does
16-11-14, 04:23
The issue is that when you stop a recording you do not (or at least three of us do not) end up with that recording selected - you end up on the first entry in its folder instead.
All described in post #3.
As I said before: I can't explain this misbehaviour. This works fine and always did on all my boxes.

Just an idea: does the box have write-rights on the actual movie folder?

Larry-G
16-11-14, 07:47
No-one asked for it to be... ...but it could be configurable.

And, from your comment, it appears that you currently don't see it either, so we're up to at least 3.

I tested this last night on my Solo2 with a slightly older build (some thing in the 70's range of the Apollo series, as I have not yet updated to the latest build).

I watched two recorded episodes of DR WHO and both times after watching the recording, I simply pressed the stop button to stop play and the exit button to return to the list of recordings. Both times I was taken back to the list and both times the recording I had just watched was the same one that was highlighted, it did not kick me to the top of the list or the bottom of the list for that matter (both recordings were mid way through the table of recordings too). All I had to do when kicked back to the list was hit the red button to delete the episode I had just watched and it worked perfectly for me both times.

This was as I say with a Vu+ Solo2, running OpenViX Apollo not the HD version although I cant see that making a difference to be honest.

Larry-G
16-11-14, 08:09
I use sorting alphabetical and chronological.

I dont even use that, my setup in this regard is 100 percent default and as per my tests last night exiting a recording always takes me back to the movie list and the recording I was watching is always the one that is highlighted.

Rob van der Does
16-11-14, 09:06
As I said before: I can't explain this misbehaviour. This works fine and always did on all my boxes.

Just an idea: does the box have write-rights on the actual movie folder?
Or maybe a dodgy plugin? Which plugins have been installed?

This was as I say with a Vu+ Solo2, running OpenViX Apollo not the HD version although I cant see that making a difference to be honest.
I doesn't as all use the same code. Just checked to be sure and indeed: works as expected.

tappari
16-11-14, 11:02
I tested this last night on my Solo2 with a slightly older build (some thing in the 70's range of the Apollo series, as I have not yet updated to the latest build).

I watched two recorded episodes of DR WHO and both times after watching the recording, I simply pressed the stop button to stop play and the exit button to return to the list of recordings. Both times I was taken back to the list and both times the recording I had just watched was the same one that was highlighted, it did not kick me to the top of the list or the bottom of the list for that matter (both recordings were mid way through the table of recordings too). All I had to do when kicked back to the list was hit the red button to delete the episode I had just watched and it worked perfectly for me both times.

So you first push stop and then exit? What setting do you have in Recording settings/Behaviour when a movie is stopped? I use Return to previous service.
If I set it to:Return to movie list, then cursor is on watched movie. If it is :Return to previous service and go to movie-list, then not.

Larry-G
16-11-14, 11:07
So you first push stop and then exit? What setting do you have in Recording settings/Behaviour when a movie is stopped? I use Return to previous service.
If I set it to:Return to movie list, then cursor is on watched movie. If it is :Return to previous service and go to movie-list, then not.

every thing on my receiver is default and has never been changed apart from installing CCcam 2.3.0.

Yes I press the stop button to stop the recording, I cant remember if that kicks me back out to the recordings list or weather I also pressed exit but I will confirm when I get home tonight after work. as I said though, each time it took me back to the recordings list, the movie or episode I was previously viewing was selected and I just had to press red to delete it. This has always been true for me going back at least 3 years or more.

Rob van der Does
16-11-14, 11:37
Well, that explains it than.
Good to see there is no issue after all.

tappari
16-11-14, 12:33
Well, that explains it than.
Good to see there is no issue after all.
Actually there is. Because in OpenPLi when I open the movie-list, cursor is on last watched movie.

Larry-G
16-11-14, 12:37
This is not about OpenPli, we moved away from Pli as the base for our image more than a year ago. This feature has been in ViX for years and works exactly as it is intended to and as it always has.

birdman
16-11-14, 12:41
SOLVED

It turns out that there is actually an option in the Menu/Settings under the Movie listing that covers this.

The option is "Stop service on return to movie list", and if this is set to yes then the viewed recording is highlighted when you stop it. An oddly-worded option (IMHO), as it doesn't seem to describe the actual effect.
I would have changed it when I was seeing whether it were possible to return to the movie list while still viewing a recording (I couldn't find a way).

tappari
16-11-14, 13:20
SOLVED
I would have changed it when I was seeing whether it were possible to return to the movie list while still viewing a recording (I couldn't find a way).
That works in my boxes with up/down buttons.

birdman
16-11-14, 13:54
That works in my boxes with up/down buttons.So it does! Thanks.
Now I just have to remember that...

tappari
20-11-14, 10:19
This is not about OpenPli, we moved away from Pli as the base for our image more than a year ago. This feature has been in ViX for years and works exactly as it is intended to and as it always has.
Please read my request again. The cursor should be in the position of last watched movie, whenever you start movie-list. In OpenVix it`s in the position of last recorded. I do realize that you have moved away of PLi:s images a year ago, but you have learned from them this marking of running recording in the channel list, so why not learn more from them?

Rob van der Does
20-11-14, 12:35
The cursor should be in the position of last watched movie, whenever you start movie-list.
I don't agree with that. Cursor should be on top of the list when fresh opening the list.
And anyway: the last watched movie will probably in the trash bin.

tappari
20-11-14, 15:05
I don't agree with that. Cursor should be on top of the list when fresh opening the list.
And anyway: the last watched movie will probably in the trash bin.
Why in the trash if you have not finishet watching it? Just please tell me the reason why it should be on top? I still think PLi system is better.

Larry-G
20-11-14, 15:10
Please read my request again. The cursor should be in the position of last watched movie, whenever you start movie-list. In OpenVix it`s in the position of last recorded. I do realize that you have moved away of PLi:s images a year ago, but you have learned from them this marking of running recording in the channel list, so why not learn more from them?

When you open the movie / recordings list for the first time the cursor always starts at the top, this is the correct behavior, when you have watched a movie and press the stop button the cursor stays on the movie / TV show you just watched as it should. I have just this second tested this again and it works exactly as I described and exactly as expected.

tappari
20-11-14, 16:15
When you open the movie / recordings list for the first time the cursor always starts at the top, this is the correct behavior, when you have watched a movie and press the stop button the cursor stays on the movie / TV show you just watched as it should. I have just this second tested this again and it works exactly as I described and exactly as expected.
Might be correct behavior of ViX, but try PLi image for exsaple. They seem to know how to handle this thing.

birdman
20-11-14, 16:18
When you open the movie / recordings list for the first time the cursor always starts at the top, this is the correct behavior, when you have watched a movie and press the stop button the cursor stays on the movie / TV show you just watched as it should. I have just this second tested this again and it works exactly as I described and exactly as expected.It's as you expect, but not as the OP would like!
Given that the browser currently remembers the last folder (it must do - in order to put you at the top of it) could it not, optionally, remember the last viewed recording instead and go to/highlight that if it is still in the same folder (and, if it's been moved, put you at the top of that folder, or the top of the movie hierarchy if that folder has also gone).

Larry-G
20-11-14, 16:24
Might be correct behavior of ViX, but try PLi image for exsaple. They seem to know how to handle this thing.

Then go use Pli.

tappari
20-11-14, 16:35
Then go use Pli.
I had allreadly.

Larry-G
20-11-14, 16:36
I had allreadly.
so what are you complaining for then ?.

rossi2000
20-11-14, 17:13
Because vix is better than pli so he wants some pli features in vix so he can use vix :-)

tappari
20-11-14, 17:37
Because vix is better than pli so he wants some pli features in vix so he can use vix :-)
You are right rossi2000!

Rob van der Does
20-11-14, 17:52
Personal wishes are called personal because they are personal. I would hate the list to to open on the last watched movie, simple as that.

tappari
20-11-14, 18:09
Personal wishes are called personal because they are personal. I would hate the list to to open on the last watched movie, simple as that.
This might be your personal wish, but some others could wish something else.

Rob van der Does
20-11-14, 19:03
That's exactly what 'personal' means.
In this case I'm lucky (and you're not).

Larry-G
20-11-14, 20:59
A massive proportion of the image has been altered at direct user request over the years, but there also comes a time when we have to say, thank you for your suggestion but we are holding fast and not going to change it this time. And now is one of those times.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
20-11-14, 21:24
Why in the trash if you have not finishet watching it? Just please tell me the reason why it should be on top? I still think PLi system is better.

Feel free to use Pli's image then!

Tkr001
21-11-14, 06:37
I'll add my $.02 and agree with Rob and others that the way it works now is logical and almost certainly the last watched will be in the deleted items folder. For the odd occasion it is stopped part way through and the movie list is exited t least it is identified by a different coloured icon assuming you use them.

I would hate for it to be changed!

birdman
21-11-14, 13:32
I would hate for it to be changed!Whereas others of us would be happy to see such things as configurable rather than smugly declare, "I'm all right Jack".

ronand
21-11-14, 13:49
The image is what it is - either use it or move to something else. The team work for free and have declined your request. Get over it.

tappari
04-05-20, 12:16
Thank you ViX team. It only took little more than five years to fulfill my request! :angel:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42000-Future-request&highlight=Latest+watched+recording

abu baniaz
04-05-20, 13:58
I have moved your post out of the unicable section for you and attached it to the original thread

EDIT:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/57642eda3a7c29d1b647894562ecc77917a93ad4

ccs
08-05-20, 11:33
An option not to have the movielist open with the last played item would be handy (for me:)).

The ability to assign an action to restart the last movie without opening the movielist is useful.
(And it can also be used to quickly get to the item's position in the movielist.)

simonc
09-05-20, 18:27
Yeah, I guess that could easily allow other behaviours:
- open in default movies folder
- open in specific folder
- open on last recording if in same directory (current behaviour)
- open on last recording always

The last recording is only selected if the movielist was in the recording's directory when it was last open, so a workaround in the meantime is to press ch+ to go to the top of the list

ccs
09-05-20, 18:38
Yeah, I guess that could easily allow other behaviours:
- open in default movies folder
- open in specific folder
- open on last recording if in same directory (current behaviour)
- open on last recording always

The last recording is only selected if the movielist was in the recording's directory when it was last open, so a workaround in the meantime is to press ch+ to go to the top of the list

Thanks.

However, ch+ and ch- make it less of an issue. Yet more keypresses I've been unaware of for the last 5 years or so. :)

No doubt it will have been mentioned somewhere in this thread! Or even the help button.

abu baniaz
09-05-20, 18:57
Thread title changed to Movielist- Feature request

ccs
13-05-20, 22:53
Just had a crash which may be related to this feature, I'll try and reproduce it tomorrow.

ccs
14-05-20, 11:03
Well I can ......

Start playing a recording from movielist, make sure it runs long enough to use the dialogue which asks you if you want to resume playback should you stop watching.

Pause playback, return to the movielist (using the list button on my ET10K), and then press stop to get back to live tv in the movielist screen.

Then press ok (the same recording is still highlighted) to restart the recording, and answer no when asked to resume playback.

This crashes the box 9 time out of 10, I've once seen dialogue (can't remember exactly) which says something is missing, so action ignored to avoid a crash.

I seem to remember this from a long while ago?

ccs
14-05-20, 12:37
The reason I thought the crash was related to "last watched movie" is because after last nights crash and reboot, movielist selected an (empty) subfolder ("..") where the recording I had been watching previously was stored (and subsequently deleted). That seemed odd, but I can't re-create it.

birdman
15-05-20, 14:25
Well I can ......So can I, sort of....
I must have something set differently to you as my movies always resume for where I left off without a prompt (not sure what setting this is at the moment*).
(EDIT: "Behaviour when movie list is started" in "Recording and Playback".)
As a result I don't get a crash, but see this:

which might help to track down the problem (and implies that my view of it has been seen before - it looks familiar, I may have written it).

*Whilst looking for the option I came across this is the Movie List Setup
"Stop service on return to movie list"
I have it set on, but the service doesn't stop when I return to the movie list. I wonder what it does....

birdman
15-05-20, 14:34
(and implies that my view of it has been seen before - it looks familiar, I may have written it).I did - it has comments:

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/d0212ef849f460bded21f0a87670a28d43abb944They might help in sorting things out.
Now to find out what code path you took...

birdman
15-05-20, 14:50
OK. I changed my restart option to one of the "asks".
If I remove the check for "answer == True" from the sanity check then you'll get the same pop-up as me (and you get dropped back to live TV).
This at least stops a crash, so I'll submit a PR.
EDIT:

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/540
It looks as though something in those steps loses the current position - as when you restart the recording again it start from the beginning with no prompting.

ccs
15-05-20, 16:22
I've seen the warning in #59, only the once, every other time the box crashed.

Thanks for investigating.

ccs
15-05-20, 16:29
So can I, sort of....

*Whilst looking for the option I came across this is the Movie List Setup
"Stop service on return to movie list"
I have it set on, but the service doesn't stop when I return to the movie list. I wonder what it does....

I've got it set on as well, but in my case I've just paused it, stopping it after returning to the moving list - the logic being that having fallen asleep I wanted to start again from the beginning.:)

ccs
15-05-20, 17:00
I've tried your PR.

In the sequence I mentioned in post #57 , when I press ok (after pausing, movie list, and stopping) I now see the dialogue to restart at 30 mins, say, followed by the warning message about playback information missing.
Another ok press and it starts at the beginning (which I guess is what I was trying to do in the first place.)

No crashes, so looking good.

Stopping and starting recorded programmes in the conventional way works as expected.