PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Swapping Hard Drives on Solo 2

bartjunited
14-11-14, 09:53
I have a solo 2 and have a 250 gig internal 2.5inch hard drive.
I also have a 500 gig 2.5 inch hard drive which I want to swap out with the 250 gig one.

However I want to copy the contents of the 250 gig one to the 500 gig one so that I can reuse the 250 drive for something else.
I would then want to install the 500 gig internally and mount it as /media/hdd

So far I have initialised the 500 gig drive by installing it into an external usb port and its set as /media/usb

My questions are:

1 - whats the best way to copy my data from the 250 to 500?
2 - are there any vix tools/plug ins that i can use?
3 - other than initialise the 500 gig drive is there anything else I need to do?
4 - I assume I need to set up the timeshift and recording paths again??

Thanks in advance

Bart

Rob van der Does
14-11-14, 10:15
So you have now both drives connected and mounted, yes?
Than the best way is to use the Movie list functionality. Set one of the colour-buttons as 'Move/Copy' and execute the moves (or do a 'copy' for just in case something goes wrong.
Be aware: although the movie list will reflect your orders immediately, the actual execution of the copy/move will take some time. So make sure to leave the box alone, and all drives connected, until the work has been done (check via FTP if all files have been deleted).

When ready, shut down the box properly and cut the power. After swapping the HDD's no changes in your setup will be required (although you might want to check if the internal HDD has indeed been mounted as 'HDD'.