PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

Mishmash76
13-11-14, 21:37
Evening all first post.
I have been lurking for a while and trying to take all this info in. I am going to buy the vu solo2 from wos asap and have a couple of questions. ��
Is there a section on the forum for newbie question? ( so I don't get burned)
Also when I finally get set up I will be running the vu through an onkyo tx nr amp. Is the box capable of providing me with Dolby digital signal?
Is it possible to pm an expert on questions I can't ask on the forum?
Any help would be greatly recieved.
Thanks all.

Andy_Hazza
13-11-14, 22:04
Welcome aboard buddy, you have chosen well with the Vu+ Solo2 receiver. You will get all the help you need on here mate, either from guides, tutorials. previous posts or by asking a fellow satellite enthusiast. All will be good. But just remember no illegal stuff talk allowed so always be mindful what you write/say. :thumbsup:

Mishmash76
13-11-14, 22:09
Thank you for the reply. Will continue to do my reaserch. I am using a Mac so I assume usb transfers are compatible?

Stu
13-11-14, 23:26
Welcome to the forum.
Yes Mac's are compatible with E2 receivers.
Download IDreamX for communicating with your box.
Stu.

Mishmash76
14-11-14, 11:25
Thanks for the replys guys

John57
14-11-14, 13:48
Hi Mishmash76,

I would like to say that you have selected a really good product in purchasing the Vu+ Solo2, the support you can get from this forum is really, really positive, very helpful and extremely responsive to any and all questions you may feel the need to ask. I am in the same boat as you, same receiver and continue to ask questions to help me get along in my every day use of this product, the guys understand that we are new and still finding our feet and are therfor very accommodating.

I am also a mac user and have some issues when it comes to downloading files onto a usb stick, good luck on your side hope it, I do all my updates via the on board update process

John

Larry-G
14-11-14, 13:54
Welcome to the forum.
Yes Mac's are compatible with E2 receivers.
Download IDreamX for communicating with your box.
Stu.

yes they are, but there are almost no tools for the mac to use with enigma2, bar the one you quoted. the same is true of linux, most if not all tools for enigma 2 are build on the windows platform.

Mishmash76
14-11-14, 19:04
Thanks again for input. Is there a list of software I will need to download for my Mac to utilise the reason I am buying the solo 2 please? I have read the tutorials for the box but still struggling to get to grips with all this new stuff. I'm so excited already cancelled sly! :)

Stu
14-11-14, 19:50
Hi Mismash.
All I use is IDreamX (beta v3.0.15) and maybe FileZilla.
USB drives can be formatted in FAT32, in Disk Utility.
Stu.

Mishmash76
14-11-14, 21:18
Thanks stu. Will get that downloaded now. Could you pm me who you use for softcam ( I think this is what I need ) please. would be a huge help and thanks.:)

judge
14-11-14, 21:23
Could you pm me who you use for softcam
We only support softcams using your own active subscription. Please re-read the site rules if you have to.