PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Auto bouquet updater

supathug
29-11-10, 14:12
Hi All,

Love the image - its the best thats been on the DUO so far. The thing that would make mine (and many others) lives loads easier IMO is if there was a plugin that would allow autoupdating of channel frequencies if they change or move.

I know this sounds a little far fetched but say we had a standard bouquet set for all sats that we all agreed upon like the old VU+ settings for those that wanted this function. Couldnt there be some sort of script that runs daily that compares the names and frequencies in that bouquet to some sort of live database that has the latest frequencies in there and changes them if they have changed? This would save people the pain of having to connect up and manually update bouquets all the time.

There are a few websites out there that have all the latest frequency info out there as soon as changes happen so they must be keeping their DBs updated from somewhere?

Just a thought......

silverfox0786
29-11-10, 14:16
there s one mate its B16MCC Bouquet Updater frontend. but its still in beta and has not been implicated onto the box as a plugin but works just the same off your PC. his request it its free for all to use but cannot be uploaded anywhere but his own website. Get it from there

In the mean time you have the likes of Catjon, Vhanibals,Mr.Mister,silverfox0786,SGTFlipFlop etc that make bouquets with updated frquencies on a regular basis and upload them here for you guys

supathug
29-11-10, 14:22
Hi Mate,

Thanks for your reply. Ive seen the B16MCC DB and it does look good - would be awesome if it could be implemented as a plugin on the box (are there any plans to do that?) - out of interest, the B16MCC DB covers sly UK, do I just open up 2 DB edits and copy the updated slyUK bouquet to my existing bouquet set to update it?

Stanman
29-11-10, 22:19
He has plans to develop it along the lines you have requested but its big job and where he is at the moment is a lot better than things have been in the past.
You can past bouquets. I did this to incorporate Silverfoxes Anytime channels into B16MCC bouquets and all I did was copy and paste - worked even after closing the bouquet I had copied from.