PDA

View Full Version : plug n play dvb-c tuner from sponser

kevdoc
12-11-14, 22:05
Hi I ordered a plug n play dvb-c tuner from the forum sponser. I cannot for the love of me set it up as a cable tuner. Judging by the tuner configuration in settings my gigablue quad is reading it as a dvb-s2 tuner. I'm guessing I might have been sent the wrong tuner by accident. Seems strange how it also came in a tecnomate box. Anyways heres a picture of tuner configuration. Could somebody confirm if it is indeed a sat tuner. I've attached the image via my Google drive.l because on on my mobile and it won't let me upload attachments. Sorry about this.

EDIT: Yes it seeks they have sent me dvb-s2 tuner. I disabled the 2 internal tuners and connected the new plug n play tuner to the lnb and its bringing in a picture. Back to the sponser it goes

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Jv6JygtR0gS2U0dTRHM0M1UFk/edit?usp=docslist_api

rossi2000
12-11-14, 22:07
yes thats a dvb-s2 tuner.

Sicilian
12-11-14, 22:20
Does it have screw type connectors or RF Aerial type? If screw type then yes possible a mistake, contact WoS. Everyone makes mistake occasionally.

kevdoc
12-11-14, 23:11
2 screw type connectors. Ant in and ant out. Its def a dvb-s2. I hooked it up to the dish and it brought the channels in. Simple mistake. I've already had a response from the sponser. I've to send the tuner back to him to be replaced. I just assumed it was the correct tuner and couldn't figure out why I couldn't set it up lol