PDA

View Full Version : Vti image 2.2 no sound

Enesi
29-11-10, 10:50
Hi there,

I have a problem with the sound, yesterday a friend installed the VTI image 2.2
from that moment i dont have anymore sound.

i tryed a lot yesternight but as a dummie on linux satelite i dident fix it.

can some one help ?

thanks in advance

pooface
29-11-10, 10:59
Have you restarted the box yet?

Sounds like you might be affected by the bug I was having with the new drivers...

Long press power button on remote, and choose restart (or reboot, can't remember exact words). Once restarted, if the sound appears back, then you have been affected by the new drivers, and will need to use the "rollback" drivers...

Enesi
29-11-10, 11:10
Thx for replying pooface,

i restart it but still no sound.

any help

pooface
29-11-10, 11:22
Are you on a channel where there is only ac3 audio (i.e. 5.1). If so, go to the menu -> Setup -> System -> A/V Settings, and ensure "Dolby Digital Downmix" is set to "On". I'm assuming you have the hdmi connect to the tv with no optical out for true 5.1 sound?

Enesi
30-11-10, 12:39
Hi pooface,
I had all channels without sound not just 1 witth ac3 audio,
i followed your instructions in the second post and i added a optical out connection (audio only).
now i have sound for all channels .

thanks a lot for your help.

pooface
30-11-10, 14:26
np, glad it's sorted :) Dunno what caused the problems, as sounds weird... But as long as it's working that's the main thing :)

plusser
30-11-10, 21:02
I think this is some kind of bug with this image, as I lose sound after coming out of stand-by.

+er

pooface
30-11-10, 21:17
I think this is some kind of bug with this image, as I lose sound after coming out of stand-by.

+er

That's a bug with the vu duo drivers... I have the newer (roll-backed) drivers installed, and haven't lost audio since...

stanley1
01-12-10, 11:08
have that problem with BH.