PDA

View Full Version : Miraclebox in boot loop after deep standby/switch on from plug

gunner786
12-11-14, 03:06
Hi, my box has started playing up lately. When booting up from deep standby or when switching on from plug it goes upto the black vix logo then reboots. Will keep doing it unlimited times but then i switch it off from mains again and on again and it loads up. im on vix apollo 078.

Leader
12-11-14, 13:57
May be worthwhile doing a full flesh flash. download the file for the image from the vix download page, then put it on a usb stick. save your backup settings from your box to hard drive and a full backup image just in case its no better then you can put your box back if needs too..

gunner786
13-11-14, 03:26
Did that few weeks ago when an image was required to do full fladh. 55 i think

Rob van der Does
13-11-14, 08:09
Did that few weeks ago when an image was required to do full fladh. 55 i think
As we're now on build 80 that's 25 builds ago. I would recommend a flash.

birdman
18-11-14, 20:43
save your backup settings from your box to hard drive and a full backup image just in case its no better then you can put your box back if needs too..Out of curiosity, how do you do that on a box that won't boot up?

gunner786
19-11-14, 19:34
have updated it to build 88 full flash and still happening

it turns on but majority of the time it needs to be unplugged and plugged again to fully boot.

yeshu26
21-11-14, 15:14
Any ideas to do a flash using TFTP or serial line?
Whats the sequence?

thanks

gunner786
23-01-15, 02:59
still doing same thing. only had it few months will i be able to send it back to get it checked out?

pembo
23-01-15, 07:50
can you telnet into the box whilst it's in its boot loop, it would be good to know whether it is E2 that is crashing or the whole box.
You might be able to tell from the screens that pop up.... e.g. do you see the power on screen always (assuming this box has one) but the boot loop keeps going around the vix logo?

softlad
23-01-15, 09:37
hi..my miraclebox did the same thing,,just stuck on miraclebox logo and wouldn't go any further..had to send it back.

gunner786
15-02-15, 03:45
how do i contact wos to return it?

Andy_Hazza
15-02-15, 09:37
how do i contact wos to return it?

Do a fresh flash with 147 first n see what happens.

adm
26-02-15, 21:04
Vix Apollo 142

My box has been going through the repeated boot loop for the past few weeks. Previously I've seen similar with the last dozen or so Vix builds.

Having now had some time to investigate.

I usually have my router/tv/computer turned off for most of the day and turn them on at the same time. It's at this time I usually also take my Miraclebox out of standby. If the router establishes a connection (broadband) sync before the Miraclebox is just about to display a picture for the first time the Miraclbox works without problems. If the router is a bit tardy in establishing a sync the Miraclebox will reboot again.

If my router is switched off, and remains switched off, when my Miraclebox is asked to come out of standby the boot loop will repeat forever.

The cure is to turn off the 'background check' option in the software update settings menu.

birdman
27-02-15, 03:19
Do you get any crash logs created in root's logs directory during this loop?

gunner786
27-02-15, 03:53
Vix Apollo 142

My box has been going through the repeated boot loop for the past few weeks. Previously I've seen similar with the last dozen or so Vix builds.

Having now had some time to investigate.

I usually have my router/tv/computer turned off for most of the day and turn them on at the same time. It's at this time I usually also take my Miraclebox out of standby. If the router establishes a connection (broadband) sync before the Miraclebox is just about to display a picture for the first time the Miraclbox works without problems. If the router is a bit tardy in establishing a sync the Miraclebox will reboot again.

If my router is switched off, and remains switched off, when my Miraclebox is asked to come out of standby the boot loop will repeat forever.

The cure is to turn off the 'background check' option in the software update settings menu.

hi mate.
just checked and it is already turned off

softlad
27-02-15, 09:48
Do a fresh flash with 147 first n see what happens.

I had same problem,,,couldn't get past boot logo..or even do a reflash..so had too send it back too world of sat for replacement of main board

gunner786
17-05-15, 14:55
have emailed WOs,
lets see what they say

gunner786
31-12-15, 04:20
Still happening lol.
Have learnt to live with it now just dont switch it off anymore.
It didnt do it for a while but has started doing it again now