PDA

View Full Version : My Metrix HD

rosco1874
11-11-14, 23:02
When I look under skin I only see vix red blue and green, does anyone know where to get this?

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 23:08
What image are you using? OpenViX or OpenVixHD

rosco1874
12-11-14, 13:32
I'm using the latest Vix Image, I think it's Apollo 83

abu baniaz
12-11-14, 14:16
I'm using the latest Vix Image, I think it's Apollo 83
Please double check, latest image is 079. You also need to establish whether it is OpenViX or OpenVixHD. On OpenVix it is there, so I assume you are using OpenViXHD.

rosco1874
12-11-14, 16:45
Sorry I'm using OpenViXHD 79

Larry-G
12-11-14, 16:47
Sorry I'm using OpenViXHD 79
No metrix is not a 1080 HD skin and as such can't run on ViX HD. Only the You ViX skins in conjunction with the ViX HD image currently support the 1080 frame buffer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rosco1874
12-11-14, 16:49
Cool, Can I still get Picons? Also can you tell me the difference between the HD and non HD please.

Larry-G
12-11-14, 16:52
Yes you can still get picons and there are some of ocrams in the image feeds. The main difference between the HD and standard image is the HD image is tailored specifically for the 1080 frame buffer the standard one is not.

rosco1874
12-11-14, 16:57
Nice one mate, cheers. Just to confirm there are only 3 possible skins?

Larry-G
12-11-14, 17:04
Four in total. The default which is YouViX blue, YouViX red, YouViX dark blue and YouViX green (my personal favourite). Rossi is also developing others but that can be a lengthy project to complete.

rosco1874
12-11-14, 17:19
Great mate thanks for your help

gataboy1
12-11-14, 17:50
Yes you can still get picons and there are some of ocrams in the image feeds. The main difference between the HD and standard image is the HD image is tailored specifically for the 1080 frame buffer the standard one is not.

There are so many of ocrams picons in the feeds...are suggestions on which one to go for..?

I also think the ViX green skin is the best so far...

Larry-G
12-11-14, 17:53

There are so many of ocrams picons in the feeds...are suggestions on which one to go for..?

I also think the ViX green skin is the best so far...

Personally I dont use picons, and have not since SGTFlipFlop ceased doing his sets, so I have no idea which ones to go for.

gataboy1
12-11-14, 18:07
To be honest I’ve tried a few but never really been that impressed and they only tend to be on screen for a few minutes before they are deleted. Its actually become a bit of a Holy Grail for me..!

The other bizarre thing and i suspect many of the other members suffer with this. I bought the receiver (s) to get a better TV viewing experience, but it’s not really worked out as I expected. I now tend to spend most of my evenings fiddling with feeds, skins, images etc etc etc..!..or looking on the forum..

abu baniaz
12-11-14, 18:14
.......before they are deleted. Its actually become a bit of a Holy Grail for me..!

Start your own thread detailing everything that you have done with regards to picons, any other plugins you have installed and people will help.

Larry-G
12-11-14, 18:14
The other bizarre thing and i suspect many of the other members suffer with this. I bought the receiver (s) to get a better TV viewing experience, but it’s not really worked out as I expected. I now tend to spend most of my evenings fiddling with feeds, skins, images etc etc etc..!..or looking on the forum..

welcome to the hobby that is satellite TV, most if not all true enthusiasts are exactly the same, we tend to end up fiddling with the receiver more than we watch TV. my self included. Thats why I have one receiver in the living room thats solely for TV, it only gets tampered with if something goes wrong, and that has not happened in more than 18 months.