PDA

View Full Version : Please help me here.

007xico
11-11-14, 22:39
Since I have this box, I installed many different builds, and some of the times the box worked properly but most not.

Now I am using Openmips for 2 days , the same thing happen in openvix.
First day the two problems were fixed, recordings and ABM (couldn't find data). Recorded a few shows to try and watched them no problem.
Second day the same recordings and a new one are not working (starts and stops straight away), crashing the box too.

Really need help here. Could the hard drive be faulty or the box?

Silent
13-11-14, 16:00
Internal HDD or external? I assume you're using the latest builds of VIX.

VIX HD or normal VIX?

Satellite or Cable or both?

divil_a_bit
13-11-14, 16:55
FYI. I have the GB Quad+ using 2xDVB-S2 and 2xDVB-T and have no issues.
I'm using build: Apollo.062
I've had to to make a few small tweaks:
I had to disable all fast-fwd and fast-rewind speeds of 32x and greater. They just don't work on my box. After using fast-fwd 32x, the video and audio would not be in sync. A max of 16x works PERFECT all the time which suits me fine. There is no reason to use 32x anyway since there are so many other better options for jumping to where you want in a PVR recording (using the 1/3, 4/6, 8/9 buttons ... etc).

Apart from that, everything works.

Joe_90
13-11-14, 17:42
I've been using the Quad+ since April. Internal HDD, two DVB-S2 and two DVB-T tuners. Used across OpenMIPS, OpenATV, OpenRSI initially and, since June, on ViX. Apart from an issue with playback of recordings from about ViX 025 to ViX 040 caused by bad drivers and the current FF and REW issues it's been pretty flawless. It records 30 or so programmes on autotimers every week and wakes up from deep standby dependably. Apart from minor niggles in some plugins caused by minor coding issues and quickly fixed I would say that the box is rock solid. My other half has transitioned from using a Humax Freesat box without any issues, especially as we are using the same universal remote where I was able to map the Quad functions to the same buttons as were used on the Humax.

pac2000
13-11-14, 19:19
@007xico, I Have The Same Problems, And I Have Managed To Sort The Problems Out...

Enable Permanent Timeshift... And Set A Reboot Timer Overnight...

Seems To Be A Memory Leak Problem Or Starting The External Harddrive From Sleep...

My Box Has Been Rock Solid Since...

For The EPG Data, Goto Menu > Setup > EPG > CrossEPG > Configure > Force epg reload on boot > yes

divil_a_bit
13-11-14, 22:38
I agree with pac2000 - I forgot to mention, I scheduled a reboot at 4am every morning also.
I also enabled permanent timeshift

I also disabled Picture-in-Picture from all EPG screens. I was sometimes left with a black image where the P-in-P window should have been and restarting the GUI was the only way to get rid of it. P-in-P was not an important feature for me and don't miss it.

007xico
23-11-14, 19:31
@007xico, I Have The Same Problems, And I Have Managed To Sort The Problems Out...

Enable Permanent Timeshift... And Set A Reboot Timer Overnight...

Seems To Be A Memory Leak Problem Or Starting The External Harddrive From Sleep...

My Box Has Been Rock Solid Since...

For The EPG Data, Goto Menu > Setup > EPG > CrossEPG > Configure > Force epg reload on boot > yes
After sending the receiver back to Wos because recordings playback were crashing the box, after they testing it and fitted a new 500gb hard drive. They tested and returned the receiver to me, different recordings done and played, no problems.

I get the receiver and somewhere along my set up, the receiver goes back to do the same.

My steps are:
-connect Internet cable, hdmi, 1 cable and satellite feeds
- go through all the set up procedures
- go to plug ins and download bouquet settings for Hispasat
-download mgcam
-run auto bouquet maker, area code inserted for area
-set cross epg
-run cam
- record a channel
-play recording, plays for 3 seconds and image freezes, press stop and I get spinning wheel / black screen, have to restart box manually.

Don't know where the problem is [emoji20]

abu baniaz
23-11-14, 19:37
Enable debug logs, restart receiver to make this change take effect.

Repeat actions and then upload debug logs.

007xico
25-11-14, 22:41
Enable debug logs, restart receiver to make this change take effect.

Repeat actions and then upload debug logs.

Not happy at all. Yesterday set it up from scratch and worked for 1 day, recordings were fine, today same again crashes when playing recordings

Log copied from home/root

andypratt182
26-11-14, 21:11
Have you flashed an image to the box yourself after receiving it back from wos?

Joe_90
29-11-14, 15:42
Your log is full of CRC32 errors, which means packets of data are corrupted. I can't tell from the log exactly what component is reporting the error, but it looks like the softcam. Can you try recordings that are free-to-air and don't need the CAM?

007xico
30-11-14, 00:15
Your log is full of CRC32 errors, which means packets of data are corrupted. I can't tell from the log exactly what component is reporting the error, but it looks like the softcam. Can you try recordings that are free-to-air and don't need the CAM?
Thanks for looking into it, I get the same problem recording fta without cams installed.

abu baniaz
30-11-14, 00:24
Are you able to test using another HDD/reinitialise current one?

007xico
04-12-14, 11:46
Are you able to test using another HDD/reinitialise current one?

Tried that but no luck.

The box is with WOS atm and they did confirm that the problem was there, they played my recordings and failed.
Once they flashed it again the same recordings played normal.
They don't know where the problem is, something is causing the issue. Need to find out what?

Joe_90
04-12-14, 12:05
If you are getting CRC32 errors without the cam, then perhaps it's the SATA controller which is affecting disk transfers. The dmesg and messages logs should highlight if you have a disk/controller problem. Those logs are in /var/logs