PDA

View Full Version : Remote Channel Stream Converter

ste_fairy
11-11-14, 16:22
Hey all,

Quick overview of my setup.

Downstairs-----> Miriclebox HD mini with both cable and sat tuners.
Upstairs--------> VU+Solo with single sat tuner but tuner not connected.

Both are on the latest vix apollo image 078.

The downstairs box is using the in built VIX ABM to create a channel list for cable. I am running remote channel stream converter on the upstairs box to access the downstairs cable channels. I can "connect" to the downstairs box just fine but it only retreives the bouquets that have not been created by ABM! To test this I created my own bouquet labelled "upstairs", did a automatic scan and placed BBC1 into it using dreambox edit. This streams fine with no issues. So it's obviously ABM thats at fault.

Is the remote channel stream converter plugin able to "read" ABM created bouquets or will I need to create my own for specific use upstairs? The latter option will take me quite a while so anything to help me use ABM will be great.

Best Regards

Rob van der Does
11-11-14, 16:25
Please check again using build 79.

ste_fairy
11-11-14, 17:02
Hey Rob,

There doesn't appear to be 079 available for the MB or the Solo?

Cheers

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 17:06
You will have to wait until its built.

ste_fairy
11-11-14, 17:11
Hey Abu, You say it needs to be built? Built with what? Only if this is a known issue then I suppose a fix be built into the next build? If there is a known issue then I will create my own bouquet, although this will take a while as explained.

My question was really if there was a known problem and if there is a work around?

Cheers

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 17:15
You've reported an issue and an attempt to fix it has been made. This as well as other improvments and fixes will be in the next build.

Best to make your own bouquets for now. You can use Lraizer's cable plugin.

rossi2000
11-11-14, 17:16
the fix has been committed to github and will be included in the next build which will be 79. they should start to be built today.

ste_fairy
11-11-14, 17:23
Fantastic, thanks for your help guys,

I'll try to use Lraizers in the mean time then switch back over.

Best Regards

ste_fairy
11-11-14, 17:44
Can't seem to use Lraizers plugin on cable, oh well, will wait for the update, cheers again guys.

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 17:45
Can't seem to use Lraizers plugin on cable, oh well, will wait for the update, cheers again guys.
Why not? Expand!

ste_fairy
11-11-14, 17:48
Sorry, I'm being a bit of a noob here.

I downloaded the 28.2 version, just seen the thread with the cable version and will try that. I've been known to shoot from the hip lol.

Apologies again

ste_fairy
12-11-14, 14:25
Hey, just an update after the 079 update. Remote Channel Stream Converter is now working flawlessly! It has correctly identified my downstairs MiracleBox's bouquets and i can stream all channels on my upstairs Solo in glorious HD (all over wireless too which has been a suprise tbh). It's taken a little explaining to the wife about how the shared tuners work (upstairs can't use the same tuner as downstairs for different channels etc).

Again, Cheers for your help guys.

Regards