PDA

View Full Version : New Drivers 29-11-2010.

andyblac
29-11-10, 10:29
just got this email from Alex at Vu+

We found a bug in the latest driver of Vu+.

As there was a ghost screen bug in the old driver, we modified slightly the related codes.
But we found another side effect bug with the driver.
( a HDMI audio mute problem after standby )

We rolled back the related codes and are looking into it.

You can find the rolled back driver in the following link and please post the related news in the forum.

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/

BR,

Alex

MKD
29-11-10, 10:42
Rolled back driver? How will this effect the new ViX 1.3 in terms of compatability , will the drivers be incorporated to this new image or would it just be best to stick with 1.2 being as the new drivers are "Rolled Back" to me that means they have returned to the old drivers.

Sicilian
29-11-10, 10:43
We've been testing the newer drivers until now. So not sure how things are going to be affected at this stage.

pooface
29-11-10, 10:49
I've been being affected by the problems introduced with the newer drivers. So, I'll be testing the roll back when I get a chance later ;)

Sicilian
29-11-10, 10:53
Just to add to what Poo posted, one of the reasons 1.3 hasn't been released was an issue he's been having that could be related to this driver issue.

bobonthejob
29-11-10, 10:59
Yup...ive certainly had the issue described. Not as frequent as him....

MKD
29-11-10, 11:12
Bit of a bummer then really all the work by all on the 1.3 version only to have to revert drivers back , i would have thought VU+ would have fixed the bug and issued a driver update not a rollback as i see on their forums people have had problems. Just hope they fix the issue soonish :) so andyblac can sweep into action ;)

pooface
29-11-10, 11:16
Bit of a bummer then really all the work by all on the 1.3 version only to have to revert drivers back , i would have thought VU+ would have fixed the bug and issued a driver update not a rollback as i see on their forums people have had problems. Just hope they fix the issue soonish :) so andyblac can sweep into action ;)

It's a rollback just for that piece of code is the way I understand it. The structure of the drivers is exactly the same as the new drivers (i.e. incompatible with 1.2), so I assume it's just a revert of that piece of code...