PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-C] Missing channels for leicester area

bobonthejob
11-11-14, 12:28
Abu Baniaz,

I've just run a fresh scan today but am missing a bunch of channels. Is there something I can do to get them back?

No sports channels, kids channels, shopping ... International channels are scanned.

Thanks in advance.

DaMacFunkin
11-11-14, 13:55
Check to see if you have any sections hidden...

bobonthejob
11-11-14, 16:08
There are some hidden selections selected and bouquets for these do not get created.

The ones that do get created just have the bouquet name but no services listed.

For example the sports bouquet is created however no channels/services are listed within the bouquet.

Only change is going from build 77 to 78.

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 16:10
There was another user from Leicester who said something about details being different from what he had expected.

Posibilities: Network re-structuring, Localised fault

Perform a conventional scan and see if the channels are there. If they are, please re-obtain the logs. and also upload your lamedb file

bobonthejob
11-11-14, 16:39
Perform a conventional scan and see if the channels are there. If they are, please re-obtain the logs. and also upload your lamedb file

How do I do a conventional scan?

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 16:47
How do I do a conventional scan?
Scan settings in screenshots on this post.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35089-Lraizer-Autobouquets-E2-UK-Cable&p=265115&viewfull=1#post265115

Provider status page

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

bobonthejob
11-11-14, 17:07
I am using ABM to create settings for both Cable and SAT UK..... this will create a combined lamedb file?

I see on the 'Logs for Pure area required' post that sensui618 posted some files....Should i do similar?

BTW - There is some issue in the area according to the status page.

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 17:18
BTW - There is some issue in the area according to the status page.
Best to wait until status is fixed.

I see on the 'Logs for Pure area required' post that sensui618 posted some files....Should i do similar?
Only if there is still an issue after the outage is fixed. Post logs to this thread please

Lamedb was only to get the frequencies just in case they changed. Ina ny case would ahve wanted the ones from a manual scan. Does not matter if both sat and cable on it.

endemall
11-11-14, 17:34
Exactly the same problem here Nottingham, but no reported problems on status page!

Abu Baniaz,

I've just run a fresh scan today but am missing a bunch of channels. Is there something I can do to get them back?

No sports channels, kids channels, shopping ... International channels are scanned.

Thanks in advance.

There are some hidden selections selected and bouquets for these do not get created.

The ones that do get created just have the bouquet name but no services listed.

For example the sports bouquet is created however no channels/services are listed within the bouquet.

Only change is going from build 77 to 78.

bobonthejob
11-11-14, 21:03
Does not look like the reported problem at virmin is related. It is an issue with some catch up service.

At a loss, what to try next? Gonna try run the scan but unsure of the command that are referred to in the other post.

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 21:22
Just do a normal scan for now.

bobonthejob
11-11-14, 22:09
Ok....so... i have done the below...

1. Confirmed my details for DVB/C Tuner - Tuner C for the details. See Picture

2. Manual Scan - config for scan is shown in the image

3. The scan produces 584 channels

When i used ABM it scans 384 channels but that could be because once they are sorted and duplicates removed it shows less.

In the Last Scanned items i can see all the channels including all sports channels and kids channels.

Abu Baniaz - I appreciate your help - What should i try next?

bobonthejob
11-11-14, 23:21
Files attached for the logs.

abu baniaz
11-11-14, 23:29
Local parameters have not changed. We'll have to wait until Peter can have a look at the logs

abu baniaz
12-11-14, 01:50
Really sorry about this. The fix will be in Apollo 79.

bobonthejob
12-11-14, 09:55
Has an issue been found?

bobonthejob
12-11-14, 10:08
Working on build 79....Thanks for the assist.

As said previously, wouldnt be any fun if everything JUST worked. :D

endemall
12-11-14, 20:35
Same here all sorted now. Thanks you

Working on build 79....Thanks for the assist.

As said previously, wouldnt be any fun if everything JUST worked. :D

sensui619
13-11-14, 23:45
Hello peeps..

Yes i noticed strange things and also thought due to tivo issues in leicester could have been a issue.

one thing im finding a bit weird i used to own one of those old dbox2 and i would always do manual brute force scan using net id frequency and symbold rate.

looking at the symbol rate settings why is some channels showing 6887 and some 6952???

also mentioned above it says its now fixed? should i run a vix update via menu..

sensui619
14-11-14, 00:17
addition to above..

bob any particular reason you used 595 as frequency as leicester is 643?

sensui619
14-11-14, 00:26
addition to above..

bob any particular reason you used 595 as frequency as leicester is 643?

bobonthejob
14-11-14, 09:31
Sensui, no reason buddy.

To be honest i copied the settings from the other post. I did not have the Frequency handy at the time.

sensui619
15-11-14, 00:11
yeh interesting i followed that guide and all channels are showing non that are missing or non that iv noticed. over 500+ so its work..

i remember back in the day of the old dbox this would never had work.. i still can't get autbouquetmaker for virgin to work :(.

abu baniaz
15-11-14, 00:28
Sensui, what have you actually done to get your chanenls working? It could lead to solution of your problem.

The EPG data is on the 595 frequency.

sensui619
15-11-14, 00:46
i started a fresh after a 1 week break at first...

reflashed box with apollo80 image and configured virgin tuner as per your previous link to bob. and then did manual scan so it picked up all the virgin channels i have a current line so i can say all channels working :). just trying to abm working still showing cannot read tuner.

do i have to chanel tuner config back normal or keep it in screenshot mode?

Screenshot Mode = the link containing the setting

abu baniaz
15-11-14, 01:06
Going to have to close the thread. Crossed the "line".