PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on starting,Ii need to force a firmware/bootloader update.

brooky
10-11-14, 16:06
Hi all, my next door neighbour (honest its not me :) ) has managed to get his TM-Twin OE to a point where it wont start.
Ive pugged it into my TC and all you get is a series of clicks as it attempts to start, no picture, just clicks about half a second apart, endlessly.
The display says starting _0_, which cycles trough to starting 0__ and then starting __0.
I have tried a flashing the image, but i cant get it to give me the option of flashing.
I have tried the latest bootloader, but that has the same result. I cant get it to do anything except cycle the -0-.
I have tried holding down the OK, exit button as it boots, I have tried repeatedly pressing the buttons (individually and collectively) but to no avail.
Has anybody else got any ideas of how I can force a firmware update?
Thanks in advance.

ronand
10-11-14, 16:22
The clicking may be a duff hard drive - disconnect it if there is one

brooky
10-11-14, 16:41
I will try that, but the clicking is coming through the TV speakers.
But thanks.

abu baniaz
10-11-14, 19:06
If you have the latest bootloader and it is still stuck on "starting", best to call TM. They will need to JTAG it.

Don't believe any stories about excessive flasing causes flash memory to become corrupt. Its gone wrong, they should fix it for you.

020 8884 0259

brooky
10-11-14, 19:21
I thought it may be a jtag situation, i was hoping there was another way.
Ive discontected the hard drive, same result.
Thanks for your time.

brooky
19-12-14, 01:13
Update, turns out it was proper broke.
The main board had blown and needed a new one.

Larry-G
19-12-14, 11:29
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk