PDA

View Full Version : SD quality not that great, any ideas to improve?

007xico
09-11-14, 01:43
I noticed that sd quality isn't that good, tried 3 different builds so far and the same.
It happens in both cable and satellite.
This picture describes what I have... Not as accentuated but is there.

Anyone has this or knows a solution?

007xico
10-11-14, 11:11
Flashed openmips 4.2 and it is working better now.

Silent
10-11-14, 11:37
Which version of what image did you have on previously?

Joe_90
10-11-14, 12:40
Need more information about your AV settings and the type of connection you're using and the TV model. I use component video and HDMI from my Quad Plus and my SD pictures are excellent. Your sample image looks like like a transcoded image for a mobile device. You are receiving these from your own satellite / aerial connection?

Tony_Daly
10-11-14, 12:59
Flashed openmips 4.2 and it is working better now.

If a different image makes it ok it looks like your hardware is fine.

ronand
10-11-14, 13:00
It may be that autoresolution is turned on. I find its best to leave it off and let the receiver do the upscaling as most TV sets dont do a good job of it.

007xico
10-11-14, 14:27
Yesterday I tried 4 different built of openvix and had problems in all of them. I was having problems with ABM and recordings as well as picture quality (i created a thread for it) . I really wanted to use openvix but don't know why I was having those problems. As soon I installed openmips 4.2 beta, picture quality it is better (tv up scalding is turned off, receiver is doing the work), recording and ABM are working without any problems.
The picture quality problems it wasn't as accentuated as the pic but still not good.

My set up are 2 satellite tuner and one cable, hdmi to av receiver.