PDA

View Full Version : Problem setting up Vu Duo

Logicearl
28-11-10, 17:36
Ok, my sis has run into a problem, but not sure exactly where.
At the mo, she has hooked up a Vu Duo to her motorised dish (dual LNB), which was properly aligned beforehand. No hard drive connected.

So what she's done so far:

Installed the VIX 1.2 image, had lots of problems with it, such as green screens etc, so has now installed DE 1.3.3f.
Installed CCcam_2.1.4.
Uploaded a Cccam.cfg file with Cline
Uploaded a channel list.

The problem is she is still only able to view FTA Channels.
Obviously somethings gone wrong somewhere, but where.
Any help much appreciated.

canthackit
28-11-10, 17:59
first thing i'd recommend is to either reinstall the VIX image or VTI.

i might be wrong but as far as i know the DE images are unsupported.

so then once you install either of the above, do a software update and reboot, you might have to do this a couple of times as i don't always take affect first time around.

when you've finally done the update you should have 78 new files uploaded, now your ready to rock"N"roll.

do that ans let me know how you get on.

regards: canthackit

Logicearl
28-11-10, 18:23
Unfortunatley I'm no where near the box, but what she's told me, is that she tried the VIX 1.2 image, uploaded all the updates, but still kept getting software errors whenever she pressed any of the coloured buttons, go figure.
So after a couple of re attempts with the same/similar errors, I told her to first try an image that I knew worked, as in the DE 1.3.3f. This has installed without any problems.
Which is why I'm stumped as to why she's only getting FTA channels.

Wether she tries the VTI image I wouldn't know, but I would have thought she should be able to get everything thats on the cline.
One other thing, when she installed CCcam_2.1.4, there wasn't any Cccam.cfg files in /etc, which there were when I installed it on mine. So I got her to upload one herself using Dcc.
CCcam_2.1.4 is set as the default cam so I'm assuming thats working as it should.

canthackit
28-11-10, 20:00
stumped

the only thing i can think of atm is as you say, it would seem that either the .cfg file is not configured properly and/or the softcam is not activating (which i doubt), once we know positively that both these are correct then we can look elsewhere for the problem.

regards: canthackit