PDA

View Full Version : Update help vix

scottmcmullan8
08-11-14, 02:13
Hi
If I want to update my box from within the menus to openvix apollo 77 do I need to perform backup with image manager first . If so where is the back up file created and how do I restore once upgrade is complete . Does an update completely remove everything from box?
thanks

Larry-G
08-11-14, 05:59
Which image version are you currently on ?. Your backups are by default saved to the HDD if you have one installed but you can change that in the backup managers to any location of your choice.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

scottmcmullan8
08-11-14, 10:49
I'm on vix apollo 64. So once I update can I just load back up from image manager and skins plugins settings picons all be reinstalled ?

Larry-G
08-11-14, 11:09
Not quite.

Update the image via the software update option. You only need the backup if you re flash the image and then you load the backup when asked during the first install wizard. Updating via the online method keeps every thing intact, reflashing removes every thing hence the backup restore.

scottmcmullan8
08-11-14, 11:29
Perfect thanks that's what I was wondering . Would you recommend updating to latest version of vix? This nano t3 box is quality so quick and responsive and picture quality is excellent. So impressed with it and delighted it was recommended to me . Might have a go at doing a scan with the cable tuner this afternoon :₩

Larry-G
08-11-14, 11:39
If you are happy with the build you are on then you can stick on that if need be but there is no harm in updating either. If you do decide to update make a full image backup with the image manager just in case.