PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] AutoBouquetsMaker 'Cannot read data'

CraigW
07-11-14, 01:00
Hi guys,

I'm new to Linux boxes, i've had the likes of skybox/openbox before...

I have just purchased a GiGaBlue Quad Plus HD box and flashed it using the Stock ViX image

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD-PLUS/&file=openvixhd-Apollo.073-gbquadplus_usb.zip

I have the 2 x built-in DVB-S tuners and also a DVB-C tuner for cable. Standard fixed dish, no motor.

When starting the box, it boots ok and starts the install wizard. I have gone through the option and when it gets to the first tuner DVB-S it hangs.

Once restarted, it goes straoght the the channel (obviously blank)

Upon going into Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner Configuration and setting the tuners to this setting:

Tuner A

Configuration mode - Simple
Mode - Single
Satellite - 28.2E

Tuner B

Configuration mode - Simple
Mode - Single
Satellite - 28.2E

Tuner C

Tuner Type - DVB-C
Configuration Mode - Enabled
Network ID - 40966 (Knowsley 2)
Used Service scan type - Provider
Provider to scan - Virgin Media UK (6952)

I then go to AutoBouqetsMaker and select the providers I want (S*y UK, Virmin Media UK and S*y NIRL)

Then Start Scan, all I get then is Cannot read data. Every time. I am setting this box up from new, is there something i'm doing wrong?

If I do a manual scan on tuner A, B or C, it picks ALL chanels up fine

abu baniaz
07-11-14, 01:56
Just do the Virgin one on its own for now.

If it fails, you may be using wrong netid. There is a thread for getting logs in pure areas. Upload those here

CraigW
07-11-14, 08:25
Even Virgin alone it says cannot read data

bbbuk
07-11-14, 21:29
There are a few netid's in that area, are you sure that is correct netid?

I assume you're unable to just use your first dvb-s tuner for $ky instead? If not, can you confirm that dish/lnb setup is fine (ie your $kybox/openbox) works fine?

abu baniaz
07-11-14, 22:01
Best to check your official receiver and check net ID is correct.

If still no joy, this is the thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38120-Logs-for-Pure-area-required&p=290811&viewfull=1#post290811

Please follow the instructions and then attach your logs here.