PDA

View Full Version : Picons: SNP (Service Name Picons)

abu baniaz
06-11-14, 20:19
As people are aware, keeping up with service refernce changes and renaming picons has been a long standing menial issue.

From next image after Apollo 73, the picon code has been adapted to do away with the dependence on service reference. Picons will now be displayed based on the channel name subject to the naming parameters listed further down. This will mean the picon makers can now concentrate on making picons and not bother about keeping up with service reference changes.

The Service Named Picons (SNPs) are lower in the selection list than the conventional Service Reference Picons (SRPs). This is useful were a channel has the same name on different satellites and you wish to use a different picon for some of them. Nothing has changed with regards to picon locations.

The commit is below. It is opensource and other image makers are free to adopt this.
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/cc963cd25d7e1c58701f55aa4b382e525031966e/lib/python/Components/Renderer/Picon.py

if not pngname: # picon by channel name
name = ServiceReference(serviceName).getServiceName()
name = unicodedata.normalize('NFKD', unicode(name, 'utf_8', errors='ignore')).encode('ASCII', 'ignore')
name = re.sub('[^a-z0-9]', '', name.replace('&', 'and').replace('+', 'plus').replace('*', 'star').lower())
if len(name) > 0:
pngname = findPicon(name)
if not pngname and len(name) > 2 and name.endswith('hd'):
pngname = findPicon(name[:-2])

Hypothetical channel "DDC One London +1" will require a picon called "ddconelondonplus1.png"

We will endeavour to have the SNPs on the feeds, but as they are lower in the selection list, it is not important.

Lraizer's plugin users
For users of Lraizer's plugin, the LCN is attached to the service name. Versions newer than 13/11/2014 allows you to select in teh autpopicon section if you decide to use the "Print channel number" feature.

EDIT 08 NOV 2014:
The service named Picons have been placed in the Picon folder on the openvix download site

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Picons/

"Plugins" to rename/list picons can be downloaded from links below.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44851-Rename-Picons-to-SNP-format
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45007-List-missing-picons

Silent
09-11-14, 10:11
The code change looks so simple. Great idea whoever came up with it!

I notice it doesn't work on the LCD Picons. I guess the same changes need to be applied to LcdPicon.py?

Silent
09-11-14, 11:04
Signed up to make the changes, but need to be on the branch so guess someone else will have to do it :). Looking at it, it should just be a matter of copying the commit changes in Picon.py to LcdPicon.py

Larry-G
09-11-14, 11:10
you should still be able to submit questions and comments on the GIT so do that and some one will pick it up for you.

Just make sure you have tested your code first before uploading it, so that it does not affect any thing else in the image.

rossi2000
09-11-14, 11:18
Signed up to make the changes, but need to be on the branch so guess someone else will have to do it :). Looking at it, it should just be a matter of copying the commit changes in Picon.py to LcdPicon.py

if you setup on github, you can fork the e2 git to your own github, make the changes and then submit a pull request to us for your changes.
please test before submitting aswell :)

rossi2000
09-11-14, 13:18
i will test this later i juts need to get back ultimo lcd picons.

Silent
09-11-14, 13:33
Thanks Rossi. Forked and committed the changes, will just wait for the OK from a a couple of people before submitting pull request.

No.Trace
10-11-14, 14:27
Hi there ...

just a little question for better understanding ... ;)
will now work both versions of picon, or only the namend picons ?

Thanks for a little help for a friend ;)

CU No.Trace

abu baniaz
10-11-14, 19:24
..just a little question for better understanding ... ;)
will now work both versions of picon, or only the namend picons ?

Both will work. Looks for the old way first, then new way.

Silent
11-11-14, 06:13
LcdPicons.ly now merged. Last one will be services.py from OpenWebIF so it shows correctly on the WebIF and Apps etc. I've had a stab but can't get it working.

abu baniaz
13-11-14, 12:08
Thanks.

Huevos has already comitted the changes for webif on the OE fork
https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/commit/a38ddf158aa8cc158536d444c1521da3e65bdb33

Silent
13-11-14, 12:31
Fair enough - his code is tidier than mine was too :p.

promark
15-11-14, 20:59
How do i get the service named picons to work in LCD4linux?
Running Apollo 080 on a Duo2

pembo
15-11-14, 22:41
How do i get the service named picons to work in LCD4linux?
Running Apollo 080 on a Duo2

I've just crossed this also - tried a few different things but doesn't appear to work with service names... had to point it to another directory with icons using the service id.

promark
15-11-14, 23:54
I've just crossed this also - tried a few different things but doesn't appear to work with service names... had to point it to another directory with icons using the service id.

Ye that's what I am doing at the moment too

promark
16-11-14, 14:20
We'll need to look at lcd4linux. I don't think it has been addressed yet.

EDIT
Backup your copy first. Place attached pyo file after (extracting) in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/models
Thanks for that, maybe a dumb question but what does this file do? What i want is the snp to appear on the front panel lcd

From your previous post i am guessing this isn't possible at the moment with LCD4linux, am i right?

abu baniaz
16-11-14, 14:33
That file was for webif Picons. You will have to wait for lcd4linux.

m1nz
17-11-14, 13:49
will this change be added to the Vix update

abu baniaz
17-11-14, 15:38
will this change be added to the Vix update
There are sets of files which are used when the images are made. The change has already been made and will be included in the next update

It was also added to the main webif set of files for the benefit of all the E2 community.

I also uploaded the file primarily for the smart TV app testers as well as other people who cannot wait.

pembo
19-12-14, 23:31
Hi Peeps, Has anyone got E! and E!+1 SNP Picons working. I've renamed to what it should be but to no avail? Any ideas peeps?

lowercase, drop the ! mark, and + becomes plus,

so e.png and eplus1.png

Andy_Hazza
19-12-14, 23:42
Thanks buddy. Dropping the ! sorted it. :thumbsup:

You don't by any chance have a nice itvBe+1 picon do you? I'm using the shd white no padding set.

zYx
24-12-14, 22:35
Hmm, I got normal picons working on my Vu+ Duo2, but now need to get it working on my LCD.

I'm trying to find something about this here. Please guide me in a proper direction :P

I can see some users are redirecting to a different location with service names.

How can I rename all named PNGs to service names on windows?

pembo
24-12-14, 23:36
Thanks buddy. Dropping the ! sorted it. :thumbsup:

You don't by any chance have a nice itvBe+1 picon do you? I'm using the shd white no padding set.

unfortunately not!

pembo
24-12-14, 23:38
Hmm, I got normal picons working on my Vu+ Duo2, but now need to get it working on my LCD.

I'm trying to find something about this here. Please guide me in a proper direction :P

I can see some users are redirecting to a different location with service names.

How can I rename all named PNGs to service names on windows?

You'll need to look into the lcd4linux config. You can do this on the box or via openwebif

abu baniaz
08-01-15, 19:41
Update:
From Apollo 119, if an HD SNP is not available, and SD version will be used provided only difference in name is the "hd" at the end. OpenPLI images will do the same too.

lincsat
27-01-15, 00:47
Is there a patch for Cool TV Guide (on a PLi image) to use SNP?

abu baniaz
05-02-15, 16:14
Is there a patch for Cool TV Guide (on a PLi image) to use SNP?
CoolPico.py would need to be edited by author

abu baniaz
02-03-15, 06:14
Post 1 edited.

"Plugins" to run rename and missing scripts attached.

iulianxy
31-03-15, 09:16
i have a dm800se with openpli4 ,when i run this plugin gives me this error

http://s4.postimg.org/kkizis115/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/kkizis115/)

abu baniaz
31-03-15, 12:31
i have a dm800se with openpli4 ,when i run this plugin gives me this error

Just tried this and it worked fine. Are you sure the date is correct on your system?
Youc an find out by telnetting this command?

date
If incorrect date

telnet this

rdate -s time.mit.edu

iulianxy
31-03-15, 14:26
I have the corect data . I even update image . stiil the same error

abu baniaz
31-03-15, 22:36
I tried on a DM800 and also a TM 3T combo. Both using Pli 4.0, it worked fine fine.

Anyway, moving forward to an end result, upload the picons you want to convert and lamedb to a different thread and someone will convert them for you.

iulianxy
01-04-15, 08:19
I have to reflash my image to make it work. Thank you for your hard work

abu baniaz
01-06-15, 21:04
Update:
SNPicons will show on the Duo2's LCD from Hades 011.

Thanks to Pembo and Trial.

abu baniaz
24-08-17, 03:53
Also added to TV headend

https://tvheadend.org/issues/3525