PDA

View Full Version : Open vix hd Apollo skin

daxster
06-11-14, 09:46
love the new default Apollo HD skin for the Vu solo 2, very modern looking ... is thereany colour variations i might find other that blue and red

rossi2000
06-11-14, 11:07
Yes soon. There will be more colours soon. Green and purple first.

s2tephen
06-11-14, 15:48
New skin ok but when in EPG mode would be nice to see the preview view as per normal image instead of the picture being behind the EPG listing

rossi2000
06-11-14, 17:00
this is not supposed to look like the normal vix image. i want to go for something different.

theres only so much you can with the skin if theres a big preview in the corner.

think of it as a big preview, you can still it clearly through the menu.

the next skin will likely have a preview in anyway, just not this one.

daxster
06-11-14, 21:37
thanks for repling rossi , looking forward to the new colours

tenten78
06-11-14, 22:55
Hi m8,can you add color to channels which include in bouquet,when enable bouquet edit is on?thanks

mrxbox360
07-11-14, 00:09
the thing that would make the vix hd skin look perfect would be to add as standard oscram hd black & white picons & it would make a lot of people very happy :cool:

twol
07-11-14, 10:57
the thing that would make the vix hd skin look perfect would be to add as standard oscram hd black & white picons & it would make a lot of people very happy :cool:

Only if you use oscram picons, which I don't... Picons are really a personal thing and should be kept as such.

rossi2000
07-11-14, 11:21
Hi m8,can you add color to channels which include in bouquet,when enable bouquet edit is on?thanks

could you show me a screenshot? i dont know what you mean

rossi2000
07-11-14, 11:22

these were added back to the feeds

mrxbox360
07-11-14, 11:29
Only if you use oscram picons, which I don't... Picons are really a personal thing and should be kept as such.

Why not offer a poll to find out it people would like it added & it enough people said yes then include the picons but with the option in the settings that they can be turned off if required ?

scottishdude
07-11-14, 18:58
why are there no uk cable picons in the feeds chaps? any particular reason?

DaMacFunkin
07-11-14, 19:01
No one has got round to compiling and uploading a full set, you can find a nearly full set on thus forum to manually install though.

tenten78
07-11-14, 22:51
could you show me a screenshot? i dont know what you mean
just back to home…

i am in one of my bouquet push menu and make active enable bouquet edit.

On other skin as you can see all channels of bouquet are coloured…when i deselect one (ALPHA) has other colour.

In your skin i have deselect too ALPHA but all channels have the same colour…

thanks for your time

rossi2000
07-11-14, 22:55
why are there no uk cable picons in the feeds chaps? any particular reason?

crokers picons in the feeds under picons.

been there since the begining :)

rossi2000
07-11-14, 23:03
just back to home…

i am in one of my bouquet push menu and make active enable bouquet edit.

On other skin as you can see all channels of bouquet are coloured…when i deselect one (ALPHA) has other colour.

In your skin i have deselect too ALPHA but all channels have the same colour…

thanks for your time

just to clarify, when in bouquet edit mode, the channels are white until you make a selection then that turns red and the other channels turn grey?

tenten78
07-11-14, 23:06
just to clarify, when in bouquet edit mode, the channels are white until you make a selection then that turns red and the other channels turn grey?

the channels are white until you make a selection. all selected channels have the same colour. red is the channels where is located the cursor

seame
07-11-14, 23:25
crokers picons in the feeds under picons.

been there since the begining :)

Crazy picons :) really nice and different from the rest

seame
07-11-14, 23:36

rossi2000
08-11-14, 18:22
youvix-green

&

youvix-darkblue

in the feeds for next build.

ronand
08-11-14, 20:08
Just installed the HD image on my Uno - its a very slick interface. Thanks Rossi

thecaretaker
08-11-14, 21:10
Well done Rossi, very nice default skin. Love it.

What size picons would fit the Youvix InfoBar best? My current ones (MMC Black 100x60) look a bit too small.

Andy_Hazza
08-11-14, 21:14
Go for the oscram shd transparent-white-nopadding ones. They can be found in the feeds.

thecaretaker
08-11-14, 21:21
OK, I answered my own question, the best size is 155x97. Just resized my existing picons and they now look great. Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
08-11-14, 21:41
oscram shd ones are 220x132

hoppy01
09-11-14, 07:53
Hi all, might have found a little bug with this skin when you want to start recording. “Add recording (enter recording duration)” no box pops up for you to enter the time you want your recording to go for. Worked fine in “openvixhd-Apollo.071-vuduo2_usb” but is seems to be missing from “openvixhd-Apollo.077-vuduo2_usb”

Thanks

Rob van der Does
09-11-14, 08:59
No need to resize picons; ViX does that for you.

rossi2000
09-11-14, 09:02
Hi all, might have found a little bug with this skin when you want to start recording. “Add recording (enter recording duration)” no box pops up for you to enter the time you want your recording to go for. Worked fine in “openvixhd-Apollo.071-vuduo2_usb” but is seems to be missing from “openvixhd-Apollo.077-vuduo2_usb”

Thanks

screenshot plz?

Menne.0201
09-11-14, 09:53
oscram shd ones are 220x132

settings are great

hoppy01
09-11-14, 12:31
screenshot plz?
I press the record button and get the “start recording” options (screen01) then I get a totally blank screen. I’m still able to key in a time to start recording be nothing is seen on screen. I uploaded a shot of the missing “input screen” from another skin to show you what is missing (screen03).
All worked fine up to “openvixhd-Apollo.077-vuduo2_usb”

rossi2000
09-11-14, 13:28
fixed for next build, thx for reporting.

gbok
09-11-14, 14:34
Just flashed the vix hd image on my vuduo. No problems. Looks like after the flash there is even an extra couple of megs flash memory available. Cacheflux also working fine. Settings were restored perfectly.
New life for my duo:)

duoduo
09-11-14, 14:36
Think I have missed something here, what's apollo hd skin and where do I find it?

s1m0nw
09-11-14, 14:39
Its not a skin its a hd image version based off vix image so to get it you need the supported e2 box and reflash

Larry-G
09-11-14, 14:40
Think I have missed something here, what's apollo hd skin and where do I find it?

It's not a skin but a entire image in conjunction with Rossi2000 and OpenViX.

go to www.openvix.co.uk and download the OpenViX HD image for your receiver, you will need to reflash the image and do not use a settings backup between the two as there are changes in the HD image which will be overwritten by any settings backup made and restored from the base OpenViX image.

currently there are Two skins on the feeds, YouViX blue and YouViX red, a green and dark blue variant will follow in build 078 as well as some others that are currently still in development. OpenViX HD is built specifically to take advantage of the 1080 frame buffer and rossi has been working on this for over three months now, currently no other image team has this level of support or any real 1080 full HD skins, only OpenViX HD has.

honda-civic
09-11-14, 15:50
There is a problem in insert favorites list,this function does not work

fast65
09-11-14, 17:21
really like this skin. It does seem to take an awful long time to reboot though after doing any updates. Seems to be stuck on '' Nearly ready '' screen for ages. Anyone else had same problem??

Larry-G
09-11-14, 17:23
It does take a little longer to bootup with the HD image due to changes Rossi made and the new animated boot screen he added. It's nothing to worry about and it's not like your going to be sitting there watching the bootup screen that often unless you really really like it that is LMAO.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Joe_90
09-11-14, 17:30
There is a problem in insert favorites list,this function does not work

I'm having an issue with using the TV/Radio button which is not toggling into the radio bouquets reliably. It seems to be bringing up the TV mode although I did have it working in radio mode earlier today.

goosegog
09-11-14, 18:04
Tried loads of skins and always go straight back to default skin,think i will keep this on a little longer,good work rossi,nice neat looking skin
Cheers[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobonthejob
09-11-14, 20:47
Just set the hd image on my cousins ultimo and it looks awesome.

Nice one.

Will we see the hd version on the Xpeed lx3?

Sicilian
09-11-14, 21:28
Just set the hd image on my cousins ultimo and it looks awesome.

Nice one.

Will we see the hd version on the Xpeed lx3?

If and when they implement a 1080 framebuffer.

bobonthejob
09-11-14, 21:35
I take it that is down to the driver? Not hardware related?

Sicilian
09-11-14, 21:37
I take it that is down to the driver? Not hardware related?

Yes drivers and yes its been requested.

John57
11-11-14, 00:45
Just updated to image 77 on my Vu+Solo 2 and really do appreciate the new skins that rossi and the team have now included currently using the red skin option, really like all the options that we now have

Thanks to you all
John.

honda-civic
15-11-14, 10:40
Virtual Keyboard dont work

rossi2000
15-11-14, 10:50
yes it does

Rob van der Does
15-11-14, 11:57
Virtual Keyboard dont work
In which screen/plugin?

maxben
15-11-14, 15:06
Awesome skins, thanks

Will you please add the system plugin 'videoenhancement' aka 'Video Enhancement Settings' in the system menu.

I find that all Broadcom boxes push too much red so I like to adjust.

Thanks

edevs
15-11-14, 16:02
is this skin in skins in online plugin feeds?

LeeC22
15-11-14, 16:03
Whilst I like the overall look of the new skin, there are a few things that are making this difficult for me to use personally.

1) Font size for the bouquets/channels is bordering on too small. I would rather have a full height easily-readable list, than one in a small box that I struggle with. My TV is only 42" and I watch from 13 feet. Old skin was fine, size wise.

2) Blue font colour for programme information is a bit too dark, also not helped by fixed transparency background and smaller font. Tried to change the background transparency, but it made no difference.

3) Prefer the small-picture mode, rather than transparent background when previewing channels. I tended to leave a channel active in the small window, while I browsed for a new channel to watch. Don't mind it not being there in multi-EPG mode because I rarely use multi-EPG mode anyway.

All of these are personal issues, but they've made the simple task of changing channels just a bit more difficult than it used to be. I was tempted to tinker with the skin settings (software developer's instinct... must tinker :) ), but I am pretty clueless when it comes to finding files on my VU+ Uno, so I have no idea where they are. :(

Andy_Hazza
15-11-14, 16:12
is this skin in skins in online plugin feeds?

Its only compatible with 1080 framebuffer receivers. What box you got?

Rob van der Does
15-11-14, 16:52
atm the HD-versions only have one skin available. If you don't like it, don't use ViX-HD, but the normal image.

rossi2000
15-11-14, 16:54
Whilst I like the overall look of the new skin, there are a few things that are making this difficult for me to use personally.

1) Font size for the bouquets/channels is bordering on too small. I would rather have a full height easily-readable list, than one in a small box that I struggle with. My TV is only 42" and I watch from 13 feet. Old skin was fine, size wise.

2) Blue font colour for programme information is a bit too dark, also not helped by fixed transparency background and smaller font. Tried to change the background transparency, but it made no difference.

3) Prefer the small-picture mode, rather than transparent background when previewing channels. I tended to leave a channel active in the small window, while I browsed for a new channel to watch. Don't mind it not being there in multi-EPG mode because I rarely use multi-EPG mode anyway.

All of these are personal issues, but they've made the simple task of changing channels just a bit more difficult than it used to be. I was tempted to tinker with the skin settings (software developer's instinct... must tinker :) ), but I am pretty clueless when it comes to finding files on my VU+ Uno, so I have no idea where they are. :(

no probs :)

1. you change the number of rows and font size in the settings to suit your needs.

2. ive tried to keep a couple of tones of colour, maybe i can lighten up the darker tone :)

3. yes a few people like the mini-tv, but it doenst fit into the way i want this skin to look, the next skin for sure will have a mini-tv.

Joe_90
15-11-14, 17:22
Question regarding the picon display on the LCD (GB Quad Plus specifically). Is it a styling choice that the picon display occupies the full screen (400x240), rather than being shown in a smaller size with the time, progress bar and the various HD, Dolby, Recording icons being shown also? The original ViX skin had this as the default in the LCD picon display - I know as I worked on it :)

rossi2000
15-11-14, 17:28
yes i changed it from when i was building the image/skin on my quad/quadplus

too small the text with picon on aswell, so i just made the picon the full size.

i can replace the original one back same a normal vix if ya want as i dont use a gigablue anymore so im not bothered.

maxben
15-11-14, 18:37
@rossi2000, think you may of overlooked my post in the flurry of other posts that quickly followed.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41773-Open-vix-hd-Apollo-skin&p=325730&viewfull=1#post325730

Could you please acknowledge

Thanks

LeeC22
16-11-14, 02:13
no probs :)

1. you change the number of rows and font size in the settings to suit your needs.

2. ive tried to keep a couple of tones of colour, maybe i can lighten up the darker tone :)

3. yes a few people like the mini-tv, but it doenst fit into the way i want this skin to look, the next skin for sure will have a mini-tv.

Ah, I tried changing the font size, and nothing changed... it had just occurred to me that there are two restart modes, GUI and system. Just done a GUI restart and the font size has changed. Sorry, I saw one thing marked with a *, and at the bottom it said *=restart, so didn't think it applied to font sizes. I've not had to change any of these settings before, so I hadn't really looked into how they worked... something new I have learned today. :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about point 3. It's always likely to be controversial when you remove a commonly used function for design reasons. As I've discovered in many years of game design, even the most perfect design won't please everyone. Designer's curse I'm afraid. :D

Rob van der Does
16-11-14, 04:45
Changing the number of rows and the fontsize take effect immediately; no restart is required.
The footnote about the restart indeed only applies to items marked with an '*'.

Andy_Hazza
16-11-14, 09:14
Hi Rossi.

Dunno if this is a bug or not. When I press down and lets say I'm in the Films Bouquet and I press EPG on lets say Sky Comedy, this gives you a 7 day guide on this one channel, on previous images I could scroll right to the end and then it would start from the beginning again, but with the hd image it stops at the end and doesn't start again.

Brilliant skin btw. :thumbsup:

LeeC22
17-11-14, 04:12
Changing the number of rows and the fontsize *should* take effect immediately; no restart is required.
The footnote about the restart indeed only applies to items marked with an '*'.

... would be the more appropriate statement.

Changing the number of rows took effect immediately, changing the font size did not... a restart was required. I'm pretty sure I can spot an 8 point increase in font size in comparison to some text at the side of it. Until I restarted the GUI, that increase did not happen.

Rob van der Does
17-11-14, 04:54
Than I'm not sure what's wrong with your system I rechecked again, both in ViX-HD & ViX, and it is as I said; changing the fontsize (there are 3 font sizes in the channel list) is indeed effective immediately on saving.
The same applies to the movie list.

rossi2000
17-11-14, 07:37
Awesome skins, thanks

Will you please add the system plugin 'videoenhancement' aka 'Video Enhancement Settings' in the system menu.

I find that all Broadcom boxes push too much red so I like to adjust.

Thanks

i dont think vix has this anymore, it was removed some time ago.

rossi2000
17-11-14, 07:39
Hi Rossi.

Dunno if this is a bug or not. When I press down and lets say I'm in the Films Bouquet and I press EPG on lets say Sky Comedy, this gives you a 7 day guide on this one channel, on previous images I could scroll right to the end and then it would start from the beginning again, but with the hd image it stops at the end and doesn't start again.

Brilliant skin btw. :thumbsup:

could you show me a screenshot plz?

Rob van der Does
17-11-14, 07:49
The videoenhancement plugin is available on our feeds.
IMHO it should only be used for an analogue connection (scart/component).

LeeC22
17-11-14, 14:21
Than I'm not sure what's wrong with your system I rechecked again, both in ViX-HD & ViX, and it is as I said; changing the fontsize (there are 3 font sizes in the channel list) is indeed effective immediately on saving.
The same applies to the movie list.

If you want to see what is happening, watch this video I have just created of it not working, in action... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7LFvItVrwd0Slp2b2NBR2UzTHc/view?usp=sharing

You'll have to ignore my fumbling into the wrong menu settings, I always get the location wrong. :(

Oh, and this is running Apollo 080, as flashed just a day or so ago.

To be quite honest, I have had more problems in two weeks of running Apollo, than I had for a year of running the previous image. I have had three complete system lockups, something I had never had even one of previously... Apollo has been unstable on my VU+ Uno, in many aspects of how it performs... but that's another unrelated story altogether, and not to be discussed in this thread.

Rob van der Does
18-11-14, 06:54
Point is: I can't reproduce it. Here it works as expected (i.e. changes take effect immediately).

naveh
18-11-14, 20:13
I think that the arrows are not necessary.

daxster
19-11-14, 09:10
Has any one else experienced this problem, when finished using timers for recording a program there's a little green small circle that just flashes and wont go away even after deleting times. using latest build vix HD vu solo 2 ..but this nagging problem has been there last few builds. just a minor problem , and i has many others appreciate rossis's hard work on the skin...

judge
19-11-14, 09:56
The update available icon?

duoduo
19-11-14, 11:03
That's what I was thinking judge, the only green light I am seeing is the update one...

daxster
19-11-14, 23:44
its more a green spot in bottom right hand corner on now and next banner.

judge
19-11-14, 23:56
its more a green spot in bottom right hand corner on now and next banner.
Yes, the stable software update available icon, will be red when image is flagged as unstable.
Menu -> Setup -> Software update.