PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Harmony

Blu-ray
05-11-14, 22:00
Just purchased a Logitech Harmony 350 for £25 no more fiddly buttons very easy to setup. 38251

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 21:53
Just purchased a Logitech Harmony 350 for £25 no more fiddly buttons very easy to setup. 38251

Do you have codes for the HD2400 to put into the remote?

Rob van der Does
03-05-15, 03:18
You don't need any 'codes'; you need the name of the device (HD2400 in your case).

Cosmic Truth
03-05-15, 11:42
You don't need any 'codes'; you need the name of the device (HD2400 in your case).

Cheers Rob. :thumbsup:

Is the Mut@nt HD 2400 in the list of names the Harmony works? As it's a fairly new receiver, I'm surprised it is compatible with these all for one style remotes.

Rob van der Does
03-05-15, 13:04
Don't underestimate the number of Harmony users, and hence the completeness of their database.
And worse case the RC can learn all command from the original RC.

Cosmic Truth
03-05-15, 14:52
Don't underestimate the number of Harmony users, and hence the completeness of their database.
And worse case the RC can learn all command from the original RC.

Cheers Rob. I may need a new remote for my Mutant HD, as the green light isn't coming on when it's being charged.

Rob van der Does
03-05-15, 16:21
tbh: I wouldn't go for the 300-series, as it is a device-RC.
The 600-series and above are 'activity'-based; once you have used that, you can't understand you were using multiple device RC's before.

Cosmic Truth
03-05-15, 20:19
tbh: I wouldn't go for the 300-series, as it is a device-RC.
The 600-series and above are 'activity'-based; once you have used that, you can't understand you were using multiple device RC's before.

I don't know what the difference is between device, and activity, remotes Rob.

Hopefully, my Mut@nt remote is alright, and the reason the green light isn't coming on is because it's fully charged, but if it's goosed, I'll need to get some kind of replacement. I'll compare the cost of a new Mut@nt remote, with a Logitech one.

pembo
03-05-15, 20:48
A device is "Mutant HD2400", where as an activity is "Watch Satellite TV", and in the activity when you press this it will power on the tv, the amp, the set top box, turn the TV to the right input, put the amp on the right input, and have the volume buttons adjusting the amp rather than the set top box, etc..

So I've got- Watch Freeview, Watch Satellite, Watch a Movie, Watch a Bluray, Listen to music, play xbox 360, etc..

If I'm watching satellite and change activity to play xbox 360, it'll power down(suspend) my duo2, turn on the xbox 360, and switch inputs on the amp/tv.
If I watch to watch a movie on my nas, pressing watch a movie switches into the Smart TVs DLNA browser.

It's almost good enough that my wife can use it without issue, unless she doesn't point it at the devices and presses a button and the devices get into the wrong state, but there's a help button that walks you through getting them back into the right state

Rob van der Does
04-05-15, 05:37
I'll compare the cost of a new Mut@nt remote, with a Logitech one.
It's not fair to compare only the cost of the two. As I said: once you've used an activity based RC (and hence have only one RC for whatever you do, including the lights and the airco), you wish you'd done that years earlier.

Trial
04-05-15, 07:50
Hi,
last week I configured an Ultimate for my brother. He and his wife are really really happy with it. They have STB, Fire TV, DVD and Wii connected to TV and no more guessing what input is the correct one and only 1 remote on table instead of 3-4. So even the WAF (womens acceptance factor) is quite high once correctly configured.

I am a fan boy since 2006:-) Harmonies are the best affordable remotes on the market.

Ralf