PDA

View Full Version : box not working

dorada
04-11-14, 22:10
Hi just recieved a TM nano super today managed to load channel list on got eveything up and running then after about a minute the picture goes black no sound remote freezes, Ive tried to control it with open web if with no joy reboot the box then same happens again is it a reflash ?

judge
04-11-14, 23:23
What image & version number is on it?
Internal HDD? USB sticks?
TimeShift enabled?

Too little to go off, the more info you provide the better.

dorada
05-11-14, 17:20
hi judge thanks for the reply the image is apollo 070 kernel 3.97, no internal hdd or usb stick atm I haven't managed to get that far with it it runs for a minute then goes black & locks up

ossden
03-02-15, 22:53
Sounds like I have the same issue. My box will run for hour fine and then the screen will go completely black. The box is still on but unresponsive to the remote. Hope you get a resolution ill need to start my own thread with my own details and see if I can get a response.

Sicilian
03-02-15, 22:56
Sounds like I have the same issue. My box will run for hour fine and then the screen will go completely black. The box is still on but unresponsive to the remote. Hope you get a resolution ill need to start my own thread with my own details and see if I can get a response.

If you think that you may have a hardware issue, simply contact where you purchased.

ossden
03-02-15, 23:01
Thanks will do. Got it from WOS last week.

mabozza
02-04-15, 21:59
I've just received a TM Nano 2 super from wos today, was flashed with openatv 24/03/2105 nightly build. After roughly half hour or so box locks up with a black screen, after a reboot the box comes back on & works for a bit then goes to black screen, try restarting cam etc still nothing, reboot & everything works fine then same thing happens!! What is it with TM receivers? I have had vu+, miraclebox, gigablue, opticum & not 1 of them gave me a problem, but I have this for 2 hours & it's giving me a headache already!!! Not a good start! :mad:

Larry-G
02-04-15, 22:08
Don't instantly blame the receiver, try another image. My TM's work perfectly with various ViX images.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

mabozza
02-04-15, 22:17
Past experience of tm's tell me there's something not right, plus the fact its happened to the thread starter & someone else doesn't bode well! I will reflash with vix tomorrow & see how that goes. Would be good to know how ossden got on with his problem as it sounds like a very similar problem.

abu baniaz
02-04-15, 22:24
TM's had a horrendous issue with the TM800. Driver issues with the TM Twin just after release. They then had a blip with recording issues. After that they have not had any major issues.

I have had a Nano 2 Super and 3T combo, Nano-OE and Nano SE, they have been fine.

All manufacturers have bad units. Technomate are very good at replacing faulty units.

mabozza
02-04-15, 22:43
Totally agree with you, Technomate have excellent after sales service whether it's under warranty or not! I can't fault them at all there. It's just really annoying when you give something the benefit of the doubt & it goes wrong within a couple of hours! Will try a reflash tomorrow & hopefully that will rectify the problem. Thanks

judge
02-04-15, 23:02
Debug logs might also help point out your issue.
Also, are you using TimeShift, if so, where is it being saved to?
All mounted drives mounted as they should be?
Any non default plugins installed?
The more info the better...

Sicilian
03-04-15, 07:09
Reflash fresh and setup as free to air, no softcams or plugins and test. If your issue happens again don't waste anymore time, contact WoS for replacement, electronics, sometimes it's luck of the draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
03-04-15, 07:17
Past experience of tm's tell me there's something not right, plus the fact its happened to the thread starter & someone else doesn't bode well! I will reflash with vix tomorrow & see how that goes. Would be good to know how ossden got on with his problem as it sounds like a very similar problem.

Two reported issues out of god knows how many users of this box does not mean there is a problem, but if you believe there is by all means contact your seller or TM directly and get it sorted. TM's may not look the prettiest of all E2 boxes but hardware wise they are solid and TM are very good when it comes to replacing faulty units.

mabozza
04-04-15, 21:00
Hi folks, sorry just getting back to you. Firstly thank you all for your advice! Right, here's where I'm at with this. Reflashed with latest vix155 setup as I normally would, abm/crossepg/mediaportal(from feeds/tsmedia 9.2(ipk install) Left it running then all of a sudden after pressing ok screen went black. Remote registers on the box with red light but there's nothing on the screen, reboot box & everything comes back, it did again after maybe an hour, reboot then get up this morning & blank screen again. I started the log manager had a quick look through it but I'm no expert with linux so not really sure what to be looking for. I have sent the log file via the send function, not entirely sure what that does except send a copy to my email. If I need to upload so one or all of you can look at it, do I send the full log or just a specific part?

mabozza
04-04-15, 21:07
Just realised the latest image is not 155, I don't suppose that really matters as it happened with openatv 4.2 with latest drivers 24/03 as well. Will try 4D next as this is TM's preferred firmware. Will see how that goes.

Andy_Hazza
04-04-15, 21:17
Try without tsmedia!!!

hullfc27
16-04-15, 20:49
ive bought 3 ym twins yesterday from wos and all 3 are having this very issue........any ideas whats going on as i personally own the tm nano super and this is absolutely fine ???