PDA

View Full Version : HDMI In - What are you using it for?

gillms1
04-11-14, 21:27
So this is the first box I have seen with an HDMI Input - just wondering what other owners of this box are using it for? Is there any advantage of using this as opposed to a spare HDMI input from the tv? Is it purely for convenience?

abu baniaz
04-11-14, 21:36
PIP (in its various modes) is one usage.

Rob van der Does
04-11-14, 21:37
It's supposed to be working for recording & transcoding (not sure if that's operational already).

Nunhead_Man
09-11-14, 15:06
Ah! Was wondering if it might take a Sky box input to use the VIX interface as opposed to the Sky one?

Alec
09-11-14, 15:45
Ah! Was wondering if it might take a Sky box input to use the VIX interface as opposed to the Sky one?

You could try it ?

Rob van der Does
09-11-14, 16:06
Nope, it will do what every HDMI-input does: present the video that's offered to the input.

psham
26-11-14, 21:01
I've tried using the HDMI input using a Chromecast but I'm not getting picture from the chrome cast on my screen.. Do I have to press a certain button, I've tried pressing a lot of different combos to no avail..

twol
26-11-14, 21:37
I've tried using the HDMI input using a Chromecast but I'm not getting picture from the chrome cast on my screen.. Do I have to press a certain button, I've tried pressing a lot of different combos to no avail..
On the ET10000 there is a HDMI input button on the remote, but the other way is to set it up in one of your bouquets ... If you need to see how google ET1000, bouquet and HDMI in... Although you may have to google translate for the German.:)

psham
26-11-14, 21:41
OK.. I'll give it a go now..

Rob van der Does
26-11-14, 21:49
http://www.xtrend-alliance.com/index.php/topic/991-how-do-i-add-hdmi-in-to-a-favourite-list/?hl=%2Bhdmi+%2Bbouquet#entry12800

psham
26-11-14, 23:19
I tried suggestions in post u linked to.. You have to edit the bouquet. Please insert this:

#SERVICE 8192:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION Xtrend HDMI 2 Input..
I'm not getting any picture from my Chromecast connected to HDMI in.. Does #description have to be xtrend hdmi 2 input or am I missing something??

psham
27-11-14, 00:52
A bit more testing.. Seems to be a problem with Chromecast itself as no issues showing content on input 2 from Xbox or PlayStation connected.. Disappointed as this would have been a good way to use Chromecast ..
I can hear sound track when connected but no picture..

maxben
27-11-14, 03:25
Your problem with the Chromecast is HDMI HDCP copy protection, I had the same problem with a Chromecast and a Roku3, you need a little box of tricks in between.

This one works great ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C23X7Z8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Rob van der Does
27-11-14, 05:25
Please stick to our rules: no external live links. I corrected the post for you.

75mak
06-01-15, 19:07
Is there any lag in terms of video - if i connected xbox and used pip feature would the xbox game be reponsive or would it appear laggy?

Also if i connected apple tv, firstly would the apple tv appear without a hdcp stripper and secondly will i be able to record videos using pvr feature on the mutant after playong the, on vevo for example?

Thanks