PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue LCD not working correctly

martin20009
04-11-14, 19:45
Hello All,

I hope I am posting this in the correct area. I have an issue with my LCD. It started after updating to Vix Apollo Build 64. The LCD would not dim and now it shows nothing, i.e in standby no clock and and switched on blank. I have re flashed and the lcd is split in half and once rebooted nothing.

I have searched the forum and to be honest I have confused myself with different settings. The current settings are as standard from a flash. I honestly think the lcd has popped but would like a second opinion really. I have posted 2 photos to give everyone an idea what I am looking at. I have flashed the box with the latest build of 71 and 70 but no difference hence the hardware issue rarther than image.

Thanks for reading

Martin

38214 38215

gillms1
04-11-14, 21:31
I'm pretty sure I had this a while ago and it resolved itself - other than that is the box working normally? change the settings in Menu -> System Settings -> LCD (I think that's the correct path) and switching between displaying default, picons and mini tv, does the LCD screen react to any of these changes?

martin20009
05-11-14, 08:14
Hello,

I have tried that and no the screen doesn't react. The box is working ok apart from that. I have a second box working ok and even tried using a backup created from that with no luck.

I just worry the screen doesn't dim even with the lcd brightness turned off.

Martin

Sicilian
05-11-14, 08:25
Do a complete fresh re-flash of latest build, do not restore any backups.

lemi
05-11-14, 08:31
I got that on my GBUE sometimes.After I put receiver in deep standby and turned on problem was solved.

Alec
05-11-14, 17:32
Hello All,

I hope I am posting this in the correct area. I have an issue with my LCD. It started after updating to Vix Apollo Build 64. The LCD would not dim and now it shows nothing, i.e in standby no clock and and switched on blank. I have re flashed and the lcd is split in half and once rebooted nothing.

I have searched the forum and to be honest I have confused myself with different settings. The current settings are as standard from a flash. I honestly think the lcd has popped but would like a second opinion really. I have posted 2 photos to give everyone an idea what I am looking at. I have flashed the box with the latest build of 71 and 70 but no difference hence the hardware issue rarther than image.

Thanks for reading

Martin

38214 38215

It happen to me that while playing with the remote, the LCD went blank. I put it in deep standby and switched the box off for about a minute, and it reappeared when rebooting.

martin20009
06-11-14, 07:42
Hello all,

Thank you for your advice, I will try a full reflash later and report back.

Martin

seame
06-11-14, 09:57
The same thing happened to me on build 64 the screen looked exactly like the one in your photo. I tried rebooting a few times which didn't work so I removed the cover and started up the box then I unplugged the screen then plugged it in again and it's been working perfectly from that.

martin20009
07-11-14, 07:27
I reflashed it again with the latest build didn't restore anything with no difference. I had left the box switched off over night and its working perfectly again.

I will remember this for next time. Thank you all for your help.

Ojustaboo
07-11-14, 13:58
I had this problem and shutting down and pulling the power out, waiting a min and putting it back in then rebooting fixed it for me.

lemi
07-11-14, 15:02
Just for the record!! It's a known hardware failure from GigaBlue and got nothing to do with image DEV's.

Alec
07-11-14, 18:57
I reflashed it again with the latest build didn't restore anything with no difference. I had left the box switched off over night and its working perfectly again.

I will remember this for next time. Thank you all for your help.

Never underestimate the power of the off/on button.

chris666uk1
05-12-15, 16:47
i had same problem i fixed it

the front panel power cables get trapped on solder joints i took of front panel payed about with power

and lcd ribon then it worked just push back of front panel when its turned on the lcd will flicker