PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find my VU+duo2 on my network

scotsmarc
04-11-14, 12:47
HI,

I am setting up my network for external access and i have noticed that my VU+DUO2 is not listed either by name or mac address. I can clearly access all services from the VU+ however is not showing on my network as a device!

I am running the latest image as well as the latest firmware on my router(RT-66NU) and i am perplexed. Can anyone shed any light on this? I had suspected this was something to do with it being a Linux device but i have just connected another linux box and it is immediately showing in the network. I can ping the box and i can open webif into the box - just cant find it.

DaMacFunkin
04-11-14, 12:49
You need to install mini dlna then enable it ifirc.

Trial
04-11-14, 13:25
Hi,
if you want to see the box with OpenViX in the network neighborhood you must install and/or active samba server in the network settings. If samba is already running then the box is perhaps in a different workgroup.

ciao

Alec
04-11-14, 14:34
HI,

I am setting up my network for external access and i have noticed that my VU+DUO2 is not listed either by name or mac address. I can clearly access all services from the VU+ however is not showing on my network as a device!

I am running the latest image as well as the latest firmware on my router(RT-66NU) and i am perplexed. Can anyone shed any light on this? I had suspected this was something to do with it being a Linux device but i have just connected another linux box and it is immediately showing in the network. I can ping the box and i can open webif into the box - just cant find it.
If Samba is setup and still not seeing the icon; it could be a firewall problem, or another software problem

stevie65
04-11-14, 20:31
Hi,
if you want to see the box with OpenViX in the network neighborhood you must install and/or active samba server in the network settings. If samba is already running then the box is perhaps in a different workgroup.

ciao

Once Samba is installed on your box, just edit smb.conf line in /etc/samba and change the workgroup name to whatever your workgroup name is.
Steve.