PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Which E2 VIX supported boxes will have new HD VIX image

johnhoe
04-11-14, 11:23
Whilst I am delighted with the new HD 1080i image for my VU+ Solo2 I would like to recommend a cheaper single tuner box to a friend.
My question is:-
What boxes in the VIX support list actually have or will have (are capable) HD images?

This is because having HD image capability vastly increases the usuability of VIX Apollo images build 70 onwards.

Larry-G
04-11-14, 14:02
There is a list of currently supported receivers in the updates and announcements threads.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dbmx
04-11-14, 14:10
Hi johnhoe
I got a Technomate TM-NANO-OE Enigma 2 Linux HD for a friend. well impressed

rte
04-11-14, 14:13
I wonder if Vu+Ultimo will be getting its HD Vix image?

Alanp
04-11-14, 14:48
Whilst I am delighted with the new HD 1080i image for my VU+ Solo2 I would like to recommend a cheaper single tuner box to a friend.
My question is:-
What boxes in the VIX support list actually have or will have (are capable) HD images?

This is because having HD image capability vastly increases the usuability of VIX Apollo images build 70 onwards.

Please see link below as Phoenix stated

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41346-openvixhd

Larry-G
04-11-14, 15:03
I wonder if Vu+Ultimo will be getting its HD Vix image?

not for the moment, not sure about long term plans but at the moment only the newest generation Vu+ receivers will have the ViX HD image line.

johnhoe
04-11-14, 16:35
Hi johnhoe
I got a Technomate TM-NANO-OE Enigma 2 Linux HD for a friend. well impressed

Wasn't aware this will take one of the new OpenvixHD images. Can't see it in the list...

Larry-G
04-11-14, 16:39
Wasn't aware this will take one of the new OpenvixHD images. Can't see it in the list...

It's not at the moment as TM have yet to enable the 1080 frame buffer required for ViX HD support.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

rte
09-11-14, 09:57
I see now that openvix-Apollo077 is also available in HD-version for Ultimo. Do I have to reflash my Ultimo with it? Can I use the back-up setup?

Larry-G
09-11-14, 10:05
I see now that openvix-Apollo077 is also available in HD-version for Ultimo. Do I have to reflash my Ultimo with it? Can I use the back-up setup?

yes it will require a reflash, as far as I know a settings backup should be compatible from one to the other but I did see a post yesterday where rossi advised a user not to do this so I am not 100 percent sure on that one now.

avi68
09-11-14, 10:14
Just to let you guys know, yesterday I flashed my duo to build 77 (hd). I usb flashed and restored my backup from 77 (non hd). All working well at the moment :)

rossi2000
09-11-14, 10:47
i will advise NOT to do settings transfer from normal vix to hd vix.

quite a number of defaults have been changed in vix-hd to make it look the way it does, if you use a settings backup from normal to hd you will likely to overwrite my settings.

the backup names have been fixed for next build too so you can differentiate between backups.

rte
09-11-14, 12:37
I reflashed my Ultimo apollo77 to apollo77HD and restored 77-settings. It seems to work alright so far. The deafult skin is somewhat different. Is it meant to be so? Some menutexts are centered and I can't find a way to adjust it. Am I going to meet with serious problems if I go on using the previous settings?

Sicilian
09-11-14, 12:38
I reflashed my Ultimo apollo77 to apollo77HD and restored 77-settings. It seems to work alright so far. The deafult skin is somewhat different. Is it meant to be so? Some menutexts are centered and I can't find a way to adjust it. Am I going to meet with serious problems if I go on using the previous settings?

Your best to re-flash fresh without restoring settings, too many default setting differences.

Larry-G
09-11-14, 12:39
The deafult skin is somewhat different. Is it meant to be so? Some menutexts are centered and I can't find a way to adjust it.

yes thats pretty much the point of the image.

Some menutexts are centered and I can't find a way to adjust it.

some plugins are not currently skinned for this image and need to be or support needs to be added by the plugins authors.

Am I going to meet with serious problems if I go on using the previous settings?

as rossi said it will likely overwrite some of his modifications, we have no way of knowing what issues that would cause now or in the future.

avi68
09-11-14, 13:34
i will advise NOT to do settings transfer from normal vix to hd vix.

quite a number of defaults have been changed in vix-hd to make it look the way it does, if you use a settings backup from normal to hd you will likely to overwrite my settings.

the backup names have been fixed for next build too so you can differentiate between backups.

Ahh ok I wasn't aware. I'm just going to go back to the 77 non hd. I do miss some parts of the original layout such as the mini tv when looking at epg and channel list. Thanks for the update.

rte
09-11-14, 15:19
I see now that it is better to use non-HD 77 so far. The HD skin is peculiar. The position setup works strangely, but it works after trial and error. The centered menu text layout is not good. I don't see the point there. The layout is not so pleasant, after all. I couldn't add any bouquet, the typing window just didn't pop up. So, I will patiently wait until the HD rules out the ordinary one.

Larry-G
09-11-14, 15:22
I see now that it is better to use non-HD 77 so far. The HD skin is peculiar. The position setup works strangely, but it works after trial and error. The centered menu text layout is not good. I don't see the point there. The layout is not so pleasant, after all. I couldn't add any bouquet, the typing window just didn't pop up. So, I will patiently wait until the HD rules out the ordinary one.

The skin it self is based on the official YouView receivers and works very well, the main problem at the moment is that most plugins are not properly skinned for use with the 1080 frame buffer, this is made even more difficult where closed source plugins are concerned as you must rely on the plugins author to adapt it for support. That said this skin / image is never going to be to every ones liking, so best to just pick which ever Image variant suits your needs and use that one.

avi68
09-11-14, 16:07
The centered menu text layout is not good. I don't see the point there. The layout is not so pleasant, after all.

I couldn't agree with you more.