PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] RCU response very slow on EPG and bouquet list - anybody HELP

arnie2014
03-11-14, 12:02
Hi all

I have the VU+ solo2 box running Blackhole and iv noticed an issue with it.

when I enter the EPG or the Bouquet ( channel list) and I want to go down the list or change channel for some reason the remote will not respond. I have to either press the UP or DOWN button hard or like about 10x just to get it to go to another channel in the list.

Does anybody know what the issue could be here, iv tried a lot of things to try and resolve it but nothing seems to work.

iv turned the energy saving feature on my plasma TV encase that interferes
iv checked the IR blaster in the box is OK
iv turned any things off I don't use in boot up in the blue panel
iv changed battery's in the remote

the EGP or bouquet is the only parts where the remote doesn't respond

does anybody know what the issue could be please

arnie2014
05-11-14, 12:20
anybody know how I can fix this please.

isit a remote control problem ( RCU)
or an EPG or bouquets list problem

sataday
05-11-14, 12:48
Have a look here and see if it helps http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41205-Solo-2-remote-very-slow-and-doesn-t-respond&p=318547&viewfull=1#post318547.

arnie2014
05-11-14, 12:54
iv looked at that iv tried putting tape on the sensor, turning energy saving on and off on my LG plasma tv

I did try changing the code in the settings but I cant seem to change the code, I hold 2 + 7 but the red LED only lights whilst I hold them but then I press help nothing happens so I try and enter the code but nothing just shows that square symbol with a line through it

its current on code 2 - is this the correct or wrong code?

ronand
05-11-14, 13:02
Have you picons on the hard drive?

arnie2014
05-11-14, 13:09
Have you picons on the hard drive?

yes I do, they are stored in flash I believe

but I think they are not the problem,

sataday
05-11-14, 13:09
Code 2 is the right setting for solo2. It is worth trying the other codes. Sorry, but I don't know why you can't change it, you seem to be doing it correctly, hold 2 and 7 untill led is on, then help, then enter 001, 003 or 004

arnie2014
05-11-14, 13:21
Code 2 is the right setting for solo2. It is worth trying the other codes. Sorry, but I don't know why you can't change it, you seem to be doing it correctly, hold 2 and 7 untill led is on, then help, then enter 001, 003 or 004

when your pressing 2 + 7 do you press help as well as 2 + 7 or do you let go of them then press help

sataday
05-11-14, 14:05
Just hold down 2 and 7 untill led comes on (about 5 secs) , then help

arnie2014
05-11-14, 16:26
Just hold down 2 and 7 untill led comes on (about 5 secs) , then help

iv tried that but when I click help nothing happens or even sometimes it brings up some weird screen looks like a screen where it should show my recordings etc

arnie2014
05-11-14, 17:11
I carnt see it being the picons though

also if the code is correct then I don't know what else could be causing the problem, could it be an EPG issue?

ronand
05-11-14, 17:30
If you have picons on the hard drive the drive has to wake up to display the picons causing a delay. If the picons are in the internal flash then it wont be an issue. Have you tried changing channels with your plasma turned off at the mains? You will be able to see enough on the front display to see if the channel is changing or not - this is to see if it is the tv or not. Also is it a genuine solo2?

Larry-G
05-11-14, 17:52
I carnt see it being the picons though

also if the code is correct then I don't know what else could be causing the problem, could it be an EPG issue?

If the picons are stored on the HDD it can easily add 5 seconds or more to the normal channel zap time, as the HDD has to spin up every single time you so much as pull up the EPG or change a channel up to display the picon.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

arnie2014
07-11-14, 01:18
my picons are stored on flash, iv tried deleting my EPG.dat file, reinstalled the image etc

could it be a EGP or bouquet issue?

Larry-G
07-11-14, 11:32
my picons are stored on flash, iv tried deleting my EPG.dat file, reinstalled the image etc

could it be a EGP or bouquet issue?
Where is the EPG stored ?. If it's stored on the flash move it to the HDD or a USB stick.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

arnie2014
07-11-14, 11:35
Where is the EPG stored ?. If it's stored on the flash move it to the HDD or a USB stick.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

im not 100% sure soon as I get home il post a screenshot for you,

arnie2014
17-11-14, 00:39
im not 100% sure soon as I get home il post a screenshot for you,

hi yes the EPG is stored on the Hard drive, im still having these problems with the remote. I keep having the press the button a few times for the box to move down the list of channels o nthe EPG etc

sataday
17-11-14, 10:31
Arnie. To eliminate possible plasma interference. Swtch off your TV, then press the "up" button to go into the bouquet, then press the "down" button a few times and see if the channel name changes as you do so on the lcd screen.

arnie2014
17-11-14, 22:55
Arnie. To eliminate possible plasma interference. Swtch off your TV, then press the "up" button to go into the bouquet, then press the "down" button a few times and see if the channel name changes as you do so on the lcd screen.

Hi just tried that and its exactly the same as if the tv was on, basically I always have to press the buttons on the remote quick hard to get a response. I should be able just to press them normally shouldn't I,

Rob van der Does
18-11-14, 07:13
Did you try changing the remote code (default = 2, try 3 or 4)?

sataday
18-11-14, 09:35
iv tried that but when I click help nothing happens or even sometimes it brings up some weird screen looks like a screen where it should show my recordings etc

Change the code through the menu on the stb first. Then change the code on the rcu as described, but DON'T point the rcu at the box.

arnie2014
18-11-14, 12:57
Did you try changing the remote code (default = 2, try 3 or 4)?

Yes I have already tried changing the code but it just will not change code via the box, for some reason I do exactly as people have told me hold 2 + 7 then press help etc but nothing works.

is their another way I could change the code maybe via telnet or something

arnie2014
18-11-14, 12:59
Change the code through the menu on the stb first. Then change the code on the rcu as described, but DON'T point the rcu at the box.

when I go into the menu on the STB it wont change the code, I press help then it brings up that weird screen

sataday
18-11-14, 13:36
Arnie. First change the code on your STB. Press menu then Setup > System > Remote Control Code > and chnage to "2" to either 1, 3 or 4, then press Green to save.
Now change the code on your RCU by pressing 2 and 7 for about 3 secs until the LED is on, then press help, then press either 001, 003 or 004.(same as you set on box) As I already have said DON'T point the rcu at the box, and don't expect to see anything on the tv screen. If your remote works then the code has been changed.

arnie2014
19-11-14, 23:22
Arnie. First change the code on your STB. Press menu then Setup > System > Remote Control Code > and chnage to "2" to either 1, 3 or 4, then press Green to save.
Now change the code on your RCU by pressing 2 and 7 for about 3 secs until the LED is on, then press help, then press either 001, 003 or 004.(same as you set on box) As I already have said DON'T point the rcu at the box, and don't expect to see anything on the tv screen. If your remote works then the code has been changed.

Hi their just to note im using blackhole so I do not have the remote control code thing in the setting menu, but I do have some kind of remote code plugin/ addon but I have tried changing the code on the box and on the RCU but nothing works. its really frustrating

judge
19-11-14, 23:28
Hi their just to note im using blackhole so I do not have the remote control code thing in the setting menu, but I do have some kind of remote code plugin/ addon but I have tried changing the code on the box and on the RCU but nothing works. its really frustrating
The original wording on the plugin to save the remote code to use on the box was slightly confusing & seemed to suggest the opposite.
Have you tried both options?

arnie2014
19-11-14, 23:46
The original wording on the plugin to save the remote code to use on the box was slightly confusing & seemed to suggest the opposite.
Have you tried both options?

Hi yes I have tried changing it on both the box and the RCU

judge
19-11-14, 23:51
Hi yes I have tried changing it on both the box and the RCU
No, I mean using both the options for yes/no save on the plugin. Can't remember what the wording is, but it had to be changed on the ViX image to reflect/better word the save option.