PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] After update always another update showing available

dave798
02-11-14, 01:48
the last 5 or 6 updates always show another update available (1 package) even if i update this 1 package there is always another update available (1 package) checking the changelog is always showing blank

judge
02-11-14, 01:57
Picon package installed from the plugin feeds? If so, which one?

dave798
02-11-14, 03:02
picons installed but none from feeds all are downloaded from different sources other than the feeds

abu baniaz
02-11-14, 03:13
If you telnet this command it will tell you the list of upgradeable items. Don't know if you want to reflash and try.

opkg list-upgradable

rte
02-11-14, 08:30
Constantly blinking green has also been on in my Ultimo for some time now. The advice i got here was to turn off the blinking. I don't know how and I don't want to know, either. This is just an irritating bug and I hope it will soon be repaired in the future builds.

dave798
02-11-14, 09:32
If you telnet this command it will tell you the list of upgradeable items. Don't know if you want to reflash and try.

opkg list-upgradable

i have telnetted the command opkg list-upgradable and the result is tsmedia 7.2full - 7.9 full i do not want to upgrade tsmedia because i have problems with streaming using the updated version thank you very very much abu baniaz for pointing me in the right direction i guess it isnt a bug after all and is something i am willing to live with

judge
02-11-14, 10:04
Constantly blinking green has also been on in my Ultimo for some time now. The advice i got here was to turn off the blinking. I don't know how and I don't want to know, either. This is just an irritating bug and I hope it will soon be repaired in the future builds.
Seriously?

dave798
02-11-14, 11:20
i have telnetted the command opkg list-upgradable and the result is tsmedia 7.2full - 7.9 full i do not want to upgrade tsmedia because i have problems with streaming using the updated version thank you very very much abu baniaz for pointing me in the right direction i guess it isnt a bug after all and is something i am willing to live with
unfortunately there is still something wrong i have now upgraded tsmedia to latest edition 7.94 and still there is 1 update package showing with no changelog, i have updated the blank update and on reboot it reappears again showing 1 update package available with no changelog
although using the telnet command ipkg list-upgradable still shows tsmedia 7.2_full - 7.9_full
any ideas?

bellejt
02-11-14, 11:43
software update : set background control to OFF. After update green anoying flashing is gone.

cactikid
02-11-14, 13:11
rather have a green flashing icon for a few seconds than a red one again.

Larry-G
02-11-14, 13:19
rather have a green flashing icon for a few seconds than a red one again.

There is nothing wrong with the red icon, it simply advises users to update with caution, and more often than not it rarely causes issues when updating on a red icon. Red simply means that the update may not have been fully tested, but in severe cases we will make announcements via the forum and social media outlets advising when to and when not to update.

cactikid
02-11-14, 14:03
as it only flashes red or green :rolleyes::);) and forum can show yellow,i check before reflashing like the safer route:thumbsup: