PDA

View Full Version : VFD not working

Comfysofa
01-11-14, 21:48
Update the receiver this afternoon to the 071 build - clean flashed to 70 and then upgraded to 071 I was trying to get the picons onto the vfd and now it wont show atall no matter what I do....is there a file I can remove to reset it??

bonzi
01-11-14, 22:15
I update to 71 and on several channels no sound!
so I beckup to 70 and all working fine!
So I advice for the time use 70.

Comfysofa
02-11-14, 13:25
yeah - thanks for the info - just reflashing back to 070 now....I must say this is kind of a good argument for something like Barry Allen like on the Dreamboxes....

Larry-G
02-11-14, 13:30
I must say this is kind of a good argument for something like Barry Allen like on the Dreamboxes....

We dont and likely will never offer support for multiboot plugins in ViX, the backup manager / image manager are more than sufficient in the task of creating backups to easily and quickly restore known working images or settings to your receiver / image. using a multiboot plugin is overcomplicating things unnecessarily and frankly a waste of time (my own opinion).

Comfysofa
02-11-14, 14:05
Well, this morning I used the image restore function, so, before I did anything I made a backup (seeing as I wanted to drop back to 70 from 71 I thought id stand a good chance of everything working) I reflashed back to 70 using the front usb socket, restore the backup which then stopped the vfd working - it was on the initial flash. Ive only got one dreambox now (an old 800) but I love the barry allen software - enables you to play and not have to mess around with a good solid image....it is my only last argument for buying a dreambox now as vu have imo taken over - but ive always found if I want to reflash I always have to do it from scratch.

Larry-G
02-11-14, 14:54
If you really want multiboot try the BH images, as it's never going to happen with ViX.